SendOwl

SendOwl | Reviews

by SendOwl

The wise way to sell your digital products

TheFertileMind

Early days but so far so good. Easy to set up and tailor to your business and good support. I used to get quite a few customers asking how to access their downloads, now we've moved to SendOwl these have stopped.

Thoughtfull.co

Literally the worst app ever. But even worse than the app is the customer service. They often have massive outages, do not communicate the outages and then will not return word on customer service issues. Find another digital file delivery application. The only thing they know how to do properly is take payment

October 13, 2021

Thank you for your review, I can understand your frustration. However, as we noted in the support ticket exchange, the issue is not with SendOwl but with your external script. In other words, your own script is failing to generate the orders and the issue is not with SendOwl.

UPDATE: The merchant did respond to the ticket and confirmed it was their script that caused the issue and not an outage with SendOwl.

We do appreciate your business and hope we can help. And, for true [rare] outages, we do have real-time reporting and support.

KathleenJasper

This app is a huge part of my business. I sell digital study guides, and SendOwl makes it possible to deliver electronic copies to my clients. It is the easiest digital delivery service I have ever used.

September 15, 2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate your kind words. Cheers, SendOwl.

lolodidit

I have used this app well over a year now. I never have issues at all. Their support articles are awesome. And when I DO have a question, both times I've reached out to their support email, they have gotten back to me quickly with the answer + article to help me out. Chelsea, Paul, and Andrew have all helped me. Fantastic! I highly recommend this if you're selling digital content.

June 17, 2021

Always happy to help and glad to hear of your experience! Thanks for the recommendation. Cheers, SendOwl.

CMM Press

We have had 0 issues with this app. It was really easy to install and link to items in our store. We have been able to expand our reach to global customers through our eBook sales.

June 17, 2021

Wow, that's great to hear how we've helped you and your business! Thanks for sharing your experience and feel free to reach out at any time. Cheers, SendOwl.

Bootcamp Sumo

Works like a charm and very easy to set up and use. Awesome support and lot's of fantastic features.

June 14, 2021

Hi, thanks for the kind words and so glad to hear it's working so well for you!
We're here if you need us. Cheers, SendOwl.

LicentieHuis.com

App works well for distributing licence keys on auto-pilot. The only thing I added myself is a way to track if a customer has opened the link to the download page in their email (to provide a 14-day money back when the customer has not seen the licence key yet). But this is of course specific to my needs.

May 12, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments. It's much appreciated. Let us know if we can help with anything. Cheers, SendOwl.

SoftwareCW

Send owl has some of the best customer service I have seen in a while. Very helpful and prompt. Thank you!

April 15, 2021

Thanks for the kind words! Let us know if you need anything.

Cheers, SendOwl.

Workhorse Type Foundry

I've used 20+ apps and this is the first negative review I've left. This app is complete garbage. Installing is a nightmare, managing your files is basically impossible and updating your files is literally impossible. I wish I had just built something from scratch instead of wasting my time/money.

April 8, 2021

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

I've looked through our support tickets and I can't find any related to updating files, or the update function not working. I'd love to see if we can help. Would you be able to reach out to me at paul@ sendowl.com or open a ticket with us, and we can work on a solution for you? Cheers, SendOwl.

Forth Rivers

I used this app to help me deliver my ebooks and it works but it comes with a few kinks and intricate complications. For instance, when customers go to download from their email, they should be able to immediately download and not receive another long link to download from. The process for the customer to receive their product should be seamless but it isn't so much so. I wasn't aware of this process until I acted as a customer of my own store to see how the process was going. It wasn't that great to me.

April 5, 2021

Thanks for your review and feedback!

You are correct that we generate an order download page for every customer and they need to go to their unique order page to download their purchase(s).

We do it that way for a couple of reasons.

The first is that some orders contains dozens of files and adding each of those links to the Shopify order email would make the order email difficult to read.

The second reason is for download security as each link is designed to expire after a set number of uses. This helps prevent file sharing and secures the download. You can control access to the links in the buyer's order page from the SendOwl dashboard. The same level of link protection and security would not be possible if the links were shown in the email.

Having said that, I hear you and understand your concerns! I'll discuss this with the team to see if we can make the process smoother for the buyer.

Cheers, SendOwl.