Shop channel

Create a free mobile app experience for your online store.

Price: Free

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

shopguysngals

I needed this app to help conduct business, after many frustrating weeks of trying to talk to many different representatives, my account is still suspended. I have gotten nowhere with customer support. this is not seamless, I do not recommend this app, you will lose business with how much time you spend on the phone trying to get support for this app.

August 3, 2022

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review the Shop sales channel.

Sorry to hear about your experience and trouble with eligibility for our Shop sales channel. If you were deemed ineligible for certain features, you should still be able to install the channel. Your customers will continue to be able to take advantage of order tracking, viewing recent orders and seeing the available contact information for your business.

I can see that you were in touch with our support team directly, and they advised you of the team and email you could refer to in relation to your current ineligibility. That email has information on how you can try and resolve the issue which is causing your ineligibility.

If you've any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again after logging in via this link on the Shopify Help center - https://help.shopify.com/en/questions/shop-app#/login so that we can authenticate you on the account and take a closer look for you as soon as possible.

T-Nutrition

So I am about to recieve £67,000 from shopify capital due to my 5 year history with Stripe....I stupidly STILL have to wait 90 days to use "Shop" as I've only just switched from Stripe to Shopify Payments (and passed all verification asked of me) to save myself 0.6% per transaction. Doesn't make sense at all, does one department from Shopify not speak to another no? I pay tri-annually for Shopify at a cost of around $7884 to save money in the long run, I am seriously debating doing this again or whether just pay monthly or even to downgrade my subscription from Advanced Shopify to Shopify. So Stripe say im good to go, Shopify does, Shopify payments does, but shop says I have to wait 90 days? There is a reason why you have a 2.8 star rating....upto you to sort it out.

July 20, 2022

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review the Shop sales channel.

If you want us to take a closer look at your ineligibility circumstances, and to see if there's a way to rectify the matter, please contact us directly after logging in via this link on the Shopify Help center - https://help.shopify.com/en/questions/shop-app#/login so that we can authenticate you as the account owner and investigate this for you right away.

TheLolaHoney

Time spent using app Over 1 year

Just not happy with getting penalized for chargebacks that have nothing to do with this app. My store was deactivated for no reason. I will not be using this app in the future.

July 14, 2022

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and sorry to hear you're not happy with your experience! In order to sell through the Shop app, we ask that stores have a chargeback rate of less than 1% for Shopify Payments orders. Please note that this percentage fluctuates over time, so taking in more orders will lower your percentage and increase your eligibility chances. You can review our full eligibility requirements here: https://bit.ly/3z5kVJV. Also, this does not affect your ability to sell through other sales channels including your online store and your customers can still track their orders with you.

I see you were recently in touch with our Support team regarding this. Please feel free to contact us using the following link and we'll be more than happy to discuss your eligibility with you: https://bit.ly/3NehLrk.

Noreena,

Metal by Mail

Location New Zealand
Time spent using app 1 day

You've been begging me with notifications to activate Shop, which always seems like more admin headache I don't need. I finally gave in and activated it, to be told I'm not eligible, with no reason given. Surely you knew this while you were pimping this nonsense? Please stop bugging me about rubbish I can't use.

July 5, 2022

Cookiecad

Time spent using app About 1 year

I have been a Shopify customer for many years. In 2020 Shopify did the right thing and purged hateful content from stores. We host a marketplace and one product in our shop that was added by a vendor was taken down. It had never sold and had we noticed it we would have taken it down immediately. Shopify flagged our store as violating AUP and won't allow us to join the shop app. There was never a warning, just an immediate ban. They have ignored all requests to explain, to appeal. Their legal department doesn't respond. Their support personnel don't know what to do. I have tried for years to talk to someone but there is no one to talk to.

June 28, 2022

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review the Shop sales channel.

If you wish to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to contact us again after logging in via this link on the Shopify Help center - https://help.shopify.com/en/questions/shop-app#/login so that we can authenticate you on the account and take a closer look for you as soon as possible.

RedMonkey Sports

This is a terrible channel with an absolutely RIDICULOUS metric they use to determine your stores' "value". Example: someone steals a credit card and places an order on your site, **something you have absolutely NO CONTROL over**, then a month later the card owner disputes the charge, you pay 10% charge back fee, lose the product, and to add insult to injury, The ridiculous Channel decide to suspend you Shop account because you have a 1% chargeback rate. I would be embarrassed to represent such a practice.

June 21, 2022

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review the Shop sales channel.

I can see that you were in touch with our support team directly, and they gave some more context to that particular metric.

If you've any other questions, or wish to discuss and get support in relation to chargebacks as a whole, please don't hesitate to contact us again after logging in via this link on the Shopify Help center - https://help.shopify.com/en/questions/shop-app#/login so that we can authenticate you on the account and take a closer look for you as soon as possible.

Kissan International

Time spent using app About 2 hours

I set up app but it's not loading or letting me manage my products in the sales channel. "No products found" in All/approved/not approved. It says in Products - "You don’t have any products yet." but when I hit "manage products" It's says all have been enabled. It's been a couple of hours so surely this should populate by now. Also lastly, there is no easy help option to contact the app for how to rectify.

March 25, 2022

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review the Shop sales channel. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I would be more than happy to look into this further and I have sent you an email so we can continue our conversation.

In relation to not being able to contact us directly, if you've ever any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again after logging in via this link on the Shopify Help center - https://help.shopify.com/en/questions/shop-app#/login so that we can authenticate you on the account and take a closer look for you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to assisting you with this.

Brian, Shop Support

Modern Rascals

Unfortunately, the Shop app/channel does not deal with shipping options properly. We offer a local pickup option. For some reason, despite customers in our pickup region selecting physical shipping, the Shop app is defaulting to local pickup causing customer service escalations and lost sales (when we have to follow up to cover shipping costs if under free shipping). I feel that your own channel on your own platform shouldn't be the one causing problems for merchants and consumers.

March 24, 2022

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review the Shop sales channel.

Sorry to hear about your experience and how you feel it relates to the Shop sales channel. Apologies too for the delay in responding to you. I see in the meantime that you were in touch with our support team via email. If you could reply back to the last email with the required context, we'd be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you.

Hopefully the issue has since been resolved, but if not, please do get back in touch via that email and we'd be happy to investigate it further.

Kigurumi.ca

We've been a Shopify seller for 10 years and you reject us with no notification and no explanation other than "Guidelines" ‍♂️

March 24, 2022

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review the Shop sales channel.

I can see that you were since in touch with our support team directly, and they advised you of the team and email you could refer to in relation to your current ineligibility. That team should be able to help you going forward with that particular issue.

Car Stereo Shop

Location New Zealand
Time spent using app 1 day

Installed the app, however it saying most of the products are : Prohibited product types. We sell car parts so this is not correct. Very disappointed!

February 16, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Shop sales channel. It's not ideal for you, but currently automobile parts are actually one of the prohibited product types, as outlined here - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-sales-channels/shop/eligibility#prohibited-product-types

In the meantime, your customers will continue to be able to take advantage of order tracking, viewing recent orders and seeing the available contact information for your business.

Brian, Shop Support.