Bold Store Locator

Bold Store Locator

by BOLD

An interactive store locator with real time driving directions

Max Sweets

Not only did I all of my locations disappear using this app, I had to prove I was being charged for the "PRO PLAN" service that was not working! Still waiting for locations to be restored and my refund. Week later: Just tried calling the support line and there are no humans to speak with. Still waiting for a reply.

Freestyle USA

FRIENDLY WARNING TO ALL!!
We've been using the app and it works fine, but don't buy this software unless you want to end up getting sued! We're now being sued because the app allegedly violates another person's patent and it's going to cost tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees to get out of it. When I requested assistance from Bold they happily informed me that because I accepted their terms and conditions when I downloaded the app that they have no liability for this issue and no obligation to assist in any way. Consider the risk based on their response before you make the choice to buy this or you could end up in the same situation as we are!

CA Tattoo Supply

The app is not working properly. we have set up all the credentials including the Google Maps API key. although hits not working. I dropped many emails to the support team but still no solutions.

November 3, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the delay, we do have an app specialists working on your ticket at the moment. We are dedicated on finding a solution and very eager to get this solved as soon as possible for you. Thank you so much for your patience.

Atelier Rebul

Had issues that the app did not support any translations app, which resulted in the store locator not displaying on select countries. Reached out to the customer service but the support was definately not what you would expect. Not recommended

Keto Bars

This app does not do what it says. I cannot add my logo to the pins. Customization is extremely limited. It makes me enter my API key every time I enter the app. No good.

Ausounds

I installed this app and it does not allow you to design it. It also was not locating any stores near the zip code that I was searching for near over 25 locations I added.

Rahua.eu

AWARE!
This app has a big security issue, to works it need a google maps API key with no Application restrictions.
The API key appears in the code of the website, if someone take your API and abuse of them you will pay to google.
I hope BOLD fix this quickly

October 24, 2019

Hello there. Thank you for the review and the feedback; we appreciate all reviews as it helps us evaluate how we're doing. We're so sorry that you found our app to have a large security issue in terms of the Google Maps API key.

Our specialist, Sam, will be reaching out to you soon to give you more information to assist you if needed, however he did mention that in your Google account, you can set it to only your myshopify.com domain URL using this key, so that if anyone were to find it, it would be a restricted API key and will not do anything should they try to use it.

We hope that helps!

Spa Sciences

First poor experience with a Bold app, but unfortunately their Store Locator is barely usable at the moment until their engineers fix an issue with the newly updated stores showing up as a Non-geolocating store instead of showing the location. So Merchant (you and I) has to manually go in and set each location (their support team's own words). Which I can't realistically do for over 500 stores. According to them, they are working on this bug and will update as soon as they can. For the time being I uninstalled and went with another app.

BulletProof Hitches

Not happy with the app. The first time we tried to update our Dealer list, I re-imported our list of dealers and they didn't sync up with their geo-locator which caused them all to not display on the map when an address was searched. I had to manually enter in over 100 addresses to get it working again. About a month later I tried doing another update and the same thing happened. I was told their developers were working on the issue and waited over a week for our addresses to show-up on our dealer locator again . After a week and still no results we decided to switch apps. We couldn't wait any longer and it almost caused us to lose multiple dealers.

August 15, 2019

Hello there. We're so sorry you have been experiencing this issue - our developers have been working to craft a solution for this as some of our other merchants were also experiencing the same issue, however we don't have any sort of timeframe on when it can be expected which is certainly frustrating for not only you guys, but also us, as we want our apps to work exactly how they should for all of our merchants.

We completely understand that you need to do what's best for your business and switch to a different app. We're so sorry we couldn't get the issue resolved for you in a timely manner, which is what we always strive for. We hope to be able to update you in the near future with the fix, and would be happy to compensate you for the loss of proper functionality.

Please let us know if there's anything more we can do for you in the meantime - our specialist Rony has reached out to you, and would be more than happy to discuss everything in detail over the phone.

All the best with your business, and take care.

retub

The app constantly fails to work via my store. I cannot update it as it continuously has issues. The support is good but at the end of the day, the app appears to have some issues. Very unhappy with it

Previous 1