teelaunch: Print on Demand

Educating, Enabling & Empowering Entrepreneurs.

Free to install. External charges may apply.

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

Shirtsfor5 Com

With fufillment 3 indicators are all that's necessary to know if an app is worth sticking to.

Speed - Off peak (have not had this app for holiday peak times yet). Fast fufillment. Hold period is about 24 hours, things go into a production around a day after the hold is done. Hold obviously in case of fraud orders/cancellations or modifications needed.
Quality - Excellent. Prints bigger than other fufillment services I have experimented with. TeeLaunch seems to realize some people are building brands not just one off "tee deals" like on teespring. Bigger prints, happier customers, happier customers, more sales, more prints for teespring. Win, win, win.
Pricing - On the lower end compared to competitors, possibly cheapest. I am weary of trying the one or two apps I saw with lower end pricing, I have 3 years DTG experience and know that just like anything once you get to a certain extent with discount pricing they have to be cutting quality somewhere. The better known apps are about 2-3$/shirt more in cost. You may be be able to save another dollar looking around at apps, but buyer beware.
Support - Slow at first but it appears more focus has been put on this. I'm guessing high growth start up is to blame, but I have not ever had an issue not resolved, with the CEO himself reaching out if an extra step is needed.

Good app, hundreds of prints in and so far so good. If anything changes I will update this review, as I know people put their entire brand on the line picking a fufillment service and it's good to be extra cautious.

Lolas Pet Boutique

Time spent using app About 2 months

Been using Teelaunch for 4 months now and there's no better technology in the market. The integration was seamless and adding additional products is a breeze. Their customer service is always prompt, their shirt (& product) qualities are superb and the printing itself is strong. I would recommend them to anyone creating and selling t-shirts at scale.

Fishbiscuitdesigns

Teelaunch has been a valuable partner in my business for several years. Print quality is excellent for DTG printing and the quality District Made shirts are loved by my customers for their softness and fit. Mugs and phone cases are relatively new to the app and the print quality is superb! Looking forward to the new products they will be adding to the app. Using the app is easy and takes the worry out of fulfilling orders.

The majority of my orders are filled quickly, typically within 3-5 business days and sometimes quicker. Add a few days during the busy holiday season.

Customer service is very responsive and provide personal care. Misprints happen once in a while, as they do with any fulfillment company I've worked with, but Teelaunch is always quick to provide a replacement and fix the issue. Nobody can beat their prices allowing me to provide quality products at a fair price to my customers.

I feel valued as a Teelaunch client. It's evident by their responsiveness to my needs that my business is important to them!

Boots Tees

I've been using Teelaunch for a few years now. I've seen them grow their company/service, so here's a review from a customer who has been with them awhile:

Customer Service: I can say that although occasionally there are some hiccups, I've never had a problem that couldn't be solved. Their customer support is amazingly responsive, and any issue I've ever had has been resolved. They've actually gone way out of their way to help me with several things.

Print Quality: I've seen a lot of other DTG printing (I actually used to work for a company prepping files for DTG) and Teelaunch's print quality is absolutely some of the best. The colors are bright (for DTG) and the level of small details that can be seen is above average. Of course, occasionally, I've run into a misprint (fuzzy edges, crooked design, low ink, etc). But, it doesn't happen very often and they've fixed the problem every time.

Pricing/Shirt Quality: As far as I know, no one has pricing that's comparable to what Teelaunch offers. The tees they print on feel very high end. They're all made with ringspun cotton, have a fashion fit, and aren't the basic "value" styles that you usually get for such a low price. Honestly, the price and quality of the brand of t-shirts they use is probably the best selling point.

Turnaround Time: I'd say 99% of the time, my orders have been shipped out within 5 business days (which is fantastic). Sometimes the turnaround time is only a day or two. The average time I've experienced is probably 3 business days, when everything is running smoothly. Obviously, it takes longer during the holidays, though.

All around, I'm a happy Teelaunch customer. :)

The Mad Papist

When things are running smoothly, all is well. For this reason, and because of the good pricing, I stuck it out for quite a while. But when you have an issue you are in for a ride. Expect to wait days before support tickets get any attention, and when they do, don't expect the communication to be clear or the problem to be addressed. They seem to be in over their heads most of the time, and confused. Communication is an essential when I need to keep my customers happy and informed about their orders. Mistakes are fine, as long as communication is there. With these guys, it isn't there and never has been. When you run into trouble, you'll feel like they are either ignoring you or they just plain don't know what's going on.

Essentialthreads

100% not worth the trouble. Please save yourself the stress.

I hesitated to post this because clearly it is not a positive review, but I went through so much trouble because of teelaunch it's a social responsibility for me to review it. On the upside, before I get into any of the bad: If your account is working fine, this service is just fine. If you have any problems though, you're out of luck because Teelaunch is not going to help you. One more positive thing, the quality of their prints is very good.

Ok so here's why I will not be using teelaunch again:

Even if high margins are your main objective as a seller, the unresponsiveness of Teelaunch will have you dealing with so much other time-consuming stuff that it's not worth it.

My account disappeared (mid-campaign) with them and I only noticed because all of my orders were not being fulfilled. I was unable to launch new product after that too. So I was stuck on making the income from a single campaign until they figured it out.

I reached out to customer support and received one response and then nothing after that for nearly a week. All of my emails were so polite and simply requesting a message of reassurance that my account was being attended to. I got nothing.

I was finally able to reach them via Facebook Messenger. They were slightly more responsive via Facebook, but still entirely unhelpful. They told me they were “working on it” but I never experienced any progress, only a growing list of weary customer emails to respond to. All this time I was trying to reach Teelaunch so that I could relay information back to my customers and they were just not responding to me again.

What pushed me over the edge was when my personal paypal account had a claim filed against it because a customer who bought a shirt on my site via Teelaunch went 11 days without any notification from Teelaunch. I let Teelaunch know that this was happening on my end, they saw the messages (facebook messenger) and yet again they just did not respond.

I told them I was switching to a new provider because I had to attend to my customers, and asked if they had any news for me. I asked if any of the orders had been fulfilled so that I could transfer services without any duplicates, and they finally responded with, “please email”. Email doesn’t get me anywhere with Teelaunch but I emailed them anyways, and guess what happened? No response.

The time I spent handling customer service because I am never able to get answers from Teelaunch is not worth the extra x dollars per shirt. Since the problem arose, I have spent every morning going through concerned customer emails. Not to mention having claims filed against my personal paypal. Customers were requesting returns and the returns ended up costing ME $1.50. On top of that customers were requesting that I pay for their expedited shipping for Teelaunch’s error. This is not a routine I am going to adjust to and frankly it’s just unacceptable. I’ve lost so much time and money dealing with them.

I understand that the holidays are a busy season, but to be so dismissive of someone is just rude.

A simple, “I’m sorry we cannot help you." Would have been better than telling me that you CAN help me once, leading me to believe that I should stay with you, but then ignoring me and not helping me while the work piles up on my end.

Teelaunch’s unresponsiveness has set me back by nearly half a month.

I had to switch all of my orders to a new service, respond to all of the customer emails, and based on Teelaunch's inability to respond to messages I have to to touch base with each customer directly. What a crazy amount of work for something that I had no part in.

The good to come from this experience: I truly understand the value behind good customer service after this bad experience with teelaunch. It functions as a necessary courtesy for others.

Tip for if this is happening to you or if you’re considering teelaunch: Switch to Teescape. It costs just as much as Teelaunch basically, and they actually have customer service. I talked to Jeff there and he seriously took care of me. He was so helpful with the entire process and did everything on his end with he utmost care.

I will not be returning to Teelaunch and I advise that you save yourself the trouble and find a different company to work with.

Immortalitees

Cant add products anymore and not getting a response, these guys are waaaaaaay over their heads it seems, one of my customers got their product after a whole month, yes he's not coming back anymore thank you Teelaunch.

Unisntalled time to try something else.

Words Of Wisdom Tees

Pros -
Easy interface, the app itself is easy to use and design products.
The app works well with Shopify.
Pricing is competitive.

Cons -
I have contacted customer service several times with various response times, everywhere from never responding to 2 days. Slow either way. Once I was in correspondence with someone from customer service replied to my response by the next business day.

Information?!? There is a lack of information and organization. I want to know what brands and variants are available for which products and how much shipping is for each item. There is no reference page for this information.
For example I ordered a sample of the District Long Sleeve Tee and got a Port and Company instead. The response from Customer services was that purple is only offered in Port and Company and not District. Except that the product says it will be a District shirt. I need to know what I am getting not be surprised.

It seems that the products listed for sale in the App are not exactly what you will be getting.

They add new products to the app without much product description. Once again lack of information. A product description or how much to ship.

The provided sizing guide leaves a lot to be desired.

Based on some emails from the owner, it seems they are working hard on updates and making the app better. It has lots of potential as the design of the app is great.

Once the get a little more organized I might try them again.

Iswimwithissues

Time spent using app Almost 5 years

UPDATE - 6/23/17

After a few years, we decided to give them another go. They've consistently printed my products extremely quickly and with great quality. I highly recommend them for all your POD items.

UPDATE - 11/4/2015

Despite the trouble I had starting up, I stuck with them with hopes they would get better. Within a few hours of posting the review, the owner contacted me. He helped me solve a few of the issues I was having. Since then, not a problem.

If you're looking for t-shirt fulfillment, with a lower cost, definitely look into Teelaunch.

---------------
Original Review:

Easy to set-up, good concept, good phone cases, and relatively quick turnaround.

However...

Horrible customer service. I've sent multiple emails with no response. Come on...

In addition to this, I ordered a few shirts and a phone for myself to see the quality of them. Really? The size of the print one my shirt is maybe 1/3 or 1/4 of what the mockup shows. And the quality is not too great. I would not wear this shirt. The white underbase on one of my designs did not even line-up with the color layer on top. (A white underbase is how you print colors on dark shirts). I'm not even sure why they would send these shirts out...I got two different designs and not too impressed. The phone case came out good, however.

Good concept, but have some ways to go.

Bandapparel

Time spent using app About 2 years

I highly recommend Teelaunch. They have good pricing, an easy to use design uploader and batch orders quickly. They also ship orders quickly. I recommend them.