teelaunch: Print on Demand

Educating, Enabling & Empowering Entrepreneurs.

Free to install. External charges may apply.

Dotcomvintage Com

Positives:
1) Really really good app! Fantastic process of setup, although you can't easily set every combination.

2) Product came quickly

3) They list the value of multiple tshirts as $10 (total) so that customs doesn't bother charging Canadian customers for importing - nice. Potentially illegal though.

Negatives:
1) Not great email customer service. I think they're still ramping this team up. That said, when I asked for a phone call with a manager, it got a response within a couple of hours. Not a deal breaker.

2) They basically have two tshirt types that are exactly the same but different labels on them. They were really helpful in explaining that I didn't need to pay more for the more expensive tshirt. But I ended up deciding to do so for the perceived value of the product I'd be shipping. Only thing was, they didn't HAVE the expensive one in stock, so rather than contact me and ask what I wanted, they just opted to send MY product out to MY customer on the cheaper shirt.... and charged me the extra buck for the more expensive tshirt. I didn't like them making decisions about my brand that way. To their credit, they immedaitely refunded me 100% when I complained and they said it would never happen again. Not a deal breaker.

3) Their system is really picky about the size of the image. I can understand why it shouldn't be too small, but how can it be too large? Not a deal breaker.

4) Their printing process leaves a smell on the shirts that resembles vinegar. It dissipates after a wash or two, but it's pretty strong coming out of the package. When we ordered a test run of a half-dozen shirts the team in the office complained until we sealed them back up. Not a deal breaker.

4) Their printing process involves making subtle changes to the image to optimize how it looks on a tshirt. In my case, it printed a white background behind the colour ink to make it pop. That might work for other images, but our product is faux-vintage. There are "holes" in the images to represent where the shirt is worn.
Without the holes, the product doesn't look right. Ultimately it was this product incompatibility that caused us to switch to Printful. If it hadn't been the case, I probably would have continued to work with them... and I might work with them on other products. I will update this review as I try that.

Wbasics

If anyone who plans to build your brand on Shopify or on the Internet, you should definitely walk away from this one!!!

We have spent an awful load of time trying to communicate with them which they just seems to bring us around their gardens with their issues unresolved.

First, after months of researching, we finally decided to give them ago and paid for our first shopify store, they would not have any idea how to tell us about their shipping charges and how can we go about setting up on shopify.

Secondly, after we decided to forego and not charge for shipping, we managed to setup and tried to order our first tee for testing. Created one order which we issued refund to the test buyer, the order was stuck in TeeLaunch Backend system in Pending mode if we decided to turn on their "auto batching”. We were told that it would be ordered even though the "customer" cancelled their order and asked for refund.

We contacted them a few times in multiple issues but our queries always ended up this guy named Dave. He would just bring us around the garden without giving us an answer. Makes the experience with TeeLaunch a complete disaster.

Despite continuously asking for help, we were brought around their gardens waiting for disaster to happen. All the time, efforts and money spent trying to deliver to our potential 2millions+ audiences, TeeLaunch to us, is not out here for business. Now we had to pull the plug, clean up our community pages and hope for them to forget about us trying to launch a new business. This will definitely cause a dent in our brand image since launch day (Thank you TeeLaunch!)

That is even before we managed to place the orders to buy ourselves a tee for quality checking purposes. Looking at those print quality reviews below our post here, we are done taking another risk from TeeLaunch. It is not worth all the time, efforts and money we have spent here.

And on a side note, maybe it is time for Shopify to step up to ensure the Apps approved on their App Store are of real quality and not junks. We actually took quite a lot of time signing up other different Apps here to find out or test out their platforms before subscribing to shopify to setup a business. Then we ended up with App Publishers in these qualities, which is obviously very ANNOYING!

Diamonds Magic

The customer support team really turned me around on their service and app. They went out of their way to make things right and correct any startup issues I have. Thanks!

Breadwater

Disappointing. After establishing our online store, we chose Teelaunch for fulfillment. We were impressed with the App's ease of use, and although we would have preferred additional product options, it wasn't a deal breaker.

The first issue came when we ordered a test run. Teelaunch advertises "The majority of orders ship within 1-2 days and since we're centrally located and use USPS your US based customers receive their orders in less than 3 days." Our order shipped after 7 days and we received it 10 days after ordering. I contacted customer support and their response was: "Order are printed and shipped 7 days a week ... Many factors play in the time the shirt is printed and shipped. We do apologize about this delay."

The second issue arose when we opened the package and inspected the shirts. The design was a very basic, single color, underlined text with the shirt as the background. The image provided was per their pixel recommendation and format (2400-3600, PNG). The print color was silver but what arrived was a grayish purple. The text and underline seemed smudged, not crisp and clear.

The third issue was when I contacted customer support on September 8. Initially, the company was very apologetic and seemed as though they wanted to correct the problems. We resent images of both the PNG uploaded for print as well as the delivered product. To date, September 26, we have not received a response despite contacting the company several times simply asking for an update.

We gave Teelaunch 2/5 stars because their App is streamlined, and the order did process. However, the delays, quality, and customer support were something that needed to be addressed and made known to others looking at Teelaunch. Hopefully this helps you make an informed decision.

Triple Crown Tanks Tees

Much better for our company ( www.triplecrowntanksandtees.com ) due to location and prices. Faster than Printful but unfortunately less merchandise. Hopefully they add more products soon.

Bent Hook Outfitters

The guys at Teelaunch have been great! We have had some questions on setup and and mock up's and customer support has responded quickly to all my questions. We are not a big store but was treated like one.

I would strongly recommend looking at Teelaunch for all your t-shirt, long sleeve, v neck, and hoodie printing.

Added Comment:10/9/2015
I wanted to add that I have been dealing with the guys at Teelaunch now for almost 2 months and they have helped me out in every situation. I can not say enough about them. From the open and launch of my store till now they have been there.

10/14/2015
Thanks again for all you do!

Thank You!!

12/28/2015
Thanks for a great Christmas!! You guys did what you said and all my orders placed before the 10th were mailed and received.

Keep up the great work guys!!

Thank again for all your hard work.....

2/16/2016
Thanks again for all your hard work. I am really enjoying using the chat feature. It makes life easier. I am very happy to see more products coming soon. Sounds like a great lineup.

Keep up the great work........

5/25/2016
Keep up the great work! Adding new products has been a great plus and as always love the chat feature on the website.

7/26/16
I love the changes to the dashboard.

10/14/2016
Hey guys as the season is ramping up I can not thank you enough for all your hard work. I have been busy creating new designs for all the new products you have launched. Once again you amaze me with your customer service and your willingness to fix any problem even if it is my mistake. I look forward to a busy and fast paced holiday season. Keep up the great work!!

Red Bird Coffee

Very disappointing service and very little support. We responded to the email introducing Teelaunch and stated we would like to use it and didn't hear from anyone for nearly a month...and they are the ones who wrote to us first! We had to follow up our own request to hear from someone.

Once we got the app installed and prepared to post products, we realized there is no product information other than color. We both wrote and called trying to find out about fit and fabric weight/materials, and have hear from no one for almost two weeks now.

Ride The Flow

Outstanding experience working with Teelaunch. Easy to use app, excellent customer service, and great product choices. Very excited to have the Teelaunch app integrated into my store!

Needthistee

By far my best experience with selling on Shopify. I used Teelaunch before the app and was happy with their service then. This app allows my business to run extremely smooth. Customer service is 2nd to none.

The Tee Nut

I am a complete newbie to eCommence and Teelaunch has been such a blessing.
So easy to use and so responsive to your needs and suggestions.
I could not be happier!! Highest possible recommendation!