By Merchants, for Merchants
Created and built by actual store owners who sell wholesale on Shopify. We created the app we always wanted, and are sharing it with you!
You're super busy, our job is to make selling wholesale on your store as easy as possible. Great user interface. And no coding. Period.
Manage all your retail and wholesale customers, inventory, ordering, and fulfillment with your current Shopify store.
About Wholesale Gorilla
Designed and Built by Shopify Merchants
We've been running our own Shopify store since 2013 and for years our wholesale business was totally separate. Keeping track of separate retail and wholesale inventory, sales, accounts - it was a mess! We were waiting for a great Shopify wholesale app that didn't require us to cobble together multiple apps to make work, and that wasn't designed by coders who didn't know the first thing about actually selling wholesale. And we kept waiting...
Then we got tired of waiting and built our own! We're proud and excited to share with you the wholesale app we've always wanted.
How it works
Wholesale Gorilla uses customer tags to discount products for customers who are logged in to your shop. You can create tags manually, or tags can be created automatically by the app when a new customer signs up. Simplify your life by merging wholesale and retail into your existing Shopify store.
- Integrates seamlessly into your shop without creating duplicate variants.
- Set wholesale prices for your entire store, specific collections, products, or variants.
- Create prices as a percent off the original amount, or set a new fixed price.
- Set a minimum order value for wholesale orders.
- Add wholesale prices to orders created manually in your Shopify admin.
- Easy to use interface - no coding required.
- No extra or hidden fees. Ever!
The Awesome Stuff
- Create custom wholesale shipping rules.
- Net Checkout - customers can checkout without paying.
- Set minimum/multiple/maximum quantity rules for the cart, collections, or products.
- Single Page Order Form - Beautifully designed. Ability to exclude certain products or collections.
- Ship partial/complete option during checkout for out-of-stock inventory.
- Customer signup form that integrates seamlessly with your site and automatically tags, activates, and creates customers in Shopify.
- Automatically tags wholesale orders for easy identification and advanced analytics.
- Customizable messages throughout your site that our only visible to wholesale customers.
- Translations! Display messages and pages generated by Wholesale Gorilla in Spanish, French, German, Italian, and more.
- Exclude and hide specific products from either wholesale or retail customers.
- Redirect international orders to a separate checkout process.
- Everything is professionally designed and beautifully fits into the style of your site.
We're here to help!
We use this app on our store every day and are always working on updates. Have an idea to make the app better? Let us know! Our only job is to make selling wholesale easier for merchants and we strive to deliver best app possible. Feel free to reach out at any time with questions.
Pricing 30-day free trial
All of the features of Wholesale Gorilla with no installation or hidden fees -Ever!
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
We are still evaluating & testing this app, but so far - it does everything we want/need. The primary reason for giving 5 stars at this stage - is their great & outstanding customer service. We have installed many other apps and I had numerous support chats with other apps & support centers. I have to say - the Gorilla support goes the extra mile. They were very responsive and I have no doubt they will resolve all the questions or issues I have (very few actually). If - after we have completed our integration & feature/functionality testing we come to a different conclusion - I will write another review - otherwise I will confirm the Stella experience, which we had so far with the Gorilla app and especially their customer service!! 5-Stars!!
Adanna Fire Pits Australia
All of our proxy forms are timing out and showing "There was an error in the third-party application." This is a very costly issue since our customers are not able to login or access the quick order forms.
I'm sorry about this temporary service outage you experienced! It looks our server was undergoing maintenance early Sunday morning. While our service wasn't down completely, our app wasn't accessible for a brief period of time for some stores. I'm sorry that happened to you!
While an issue such as this is rare, we have updated our system to prevent an outage like this from occurring again. I'm sorry again that this happened and for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have reached out to you via email as well, and if you have any other questions or issues please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good app but super limited.
They work off of proxies, so no templates are really involved to modify. Having an issue where we cannot allow wholesalers to commit to stock (purchase stock) while not allowing retail customers too. SUPER IMPORTANT.
Customer service is OK and responsive (reasonable time frame) but offer no chat or phone support. They offer very little solutions other then 'we cannot customize please contact a developer.'
I was very excited to try them out as they come off as a 'small business wholesaler who understands the demands/challenges of small businesses' but in reality, they offer similar functionality to other wholesale apps. Id still recommend them, but definitely limited and would look at other options on the table.
- you cannot modify the application form
- you have very little customization options on the quick form
- orders are being auto drafted upon checkout for dealers, but if product is out of stock it prevents them from doing this
- do yourself the favor and look at competitor apps and compare functionality
Thanks so much for the feedback. While you can prevent wholesale or retail customers from purchasing certain products with Wholesale Gorilla, it sounds like you want to have different inventory settings for wholesale/retail customers for a single product? If so this is a request we hear a lot, but unfortunately Shopify will not let us submit an order if any out-of-stock items are in the cart. Since Shopify doesn't provide developers a way to set customer-specific inventory at this time, the best workaround is to create a retail-only and wholesale-only product so that these groups of customers can be limited to the inventory you set for each product. In some cases we can develop a workaround for Shopify's limitations, but in other cases all apps are limited by the same rules they set.
As for the customization/proxies issue we definitely agree that more customization options are essential, and we are excited to be releasing a much more robust way for merchants to customize wholesale pages this fall.
Thanks again for your input. We are committed to helping small businesses by continuously working to improve and expand on our feature set, and hearing from merchants directly is the best way for us to do this.