QuickBooks or Xero Sync by A2X

Automate Your Accounting. Trusted by 1000s. Xero Staff Pick

From $19/month. 30-day free trial. External charges may apply.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Care

So far my experience has been great. Setup was easy and customer service has been great. Looking forward to see how it works on the long run.

Twisted

This app is mission-critical. I use it to generate .iif files to import into QB Desktop for Mac - it's one of the few services that doesn't force you to use QB Online and I really appreciate that! The account mapping takes some patience, but it's well worth the time. We don't use the COGS functionality, but I think that could be helpful for many businesses. Support has been stellar.

Lotus Drum

Location Australia

this app has been a life saver for getting my accounting up to date and where it needs to be going forward. Their support is also fantastic and helped solve any issues quickly.

Cindy Hsu Zell

Integrates well from Shopify to Xero. There have been no issues with syncing. Does everything I need it to do and is very user friendly!

Licorice.com

Really has helped me keep track of my expenses. Would be a mess without their service and great customer service!

Kemboocha

Time spent using app About 1 month

I am a bookkeeper with three clients who use Shopify and I used to tear my hair out trying to record Shopify sales in Quickbooks. Amazingly, there is no report in Shopify that will tell you what you need to know for basic bookkeeping: how each payout breaks out by taxable sales, non-taxable sales, cash sales, shipping charges, sales tax and Shopify fees. I would spend hours reconciling the bank deposits with the Shopify reports. But no more! A2X pulls all of the data from Shopify, allows me to review it, and then pushes it to Quickbooks. There was a learning curve setting it up and mapping the accounts correctly (the help pages could be more clear about explaining some of the confusing nomenclature like “Refund Gateway exchange credit” etc.) but the customer support was excellent and answered all my questions. They were so quick to reply to my emails, helpful and thorough. They also did a free training session with me. It would be nice if A2X could send data over as sales receipts rather than journal entries, so that the information would appear in useful Quickbooks sales reports like the Sales Tax Liability Report, Sales by Customer, Sales by Product, etc. But I can still get the info I need from the sales tax register ledger and Shopify reports. A2X is 1000x better than manually reconciling the payouts and saves me so much time. I have recommended it to other bookkeepers.

Walters Fencing

Location Australia

Not having a capability of sending individual invoices and customer data from Shopify to Xero made this app no good for our requirements. It would work ok for someone just looking for a bulk payout reconciliation but not individual invoices.

March 15, 2021

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your review and details shared.

You are correct, A2X will fetch the payout data that contains all your individual orders, however A2X will not post the data as individual orders to the accounting system. We do not send individual orders to the accounting system and therefore the level of detail for invoicing customers is not in A2X.

The fact that we consolidate the data is one of the main features of A2X, so we have sellers using A2X processing just a few hundred orders a month right up to hundreds of thousands of orders per month, and the beauty of A2X is that they never have to change systems as they grow.  Our main focus is the overall accounting data as this is what allows you to easily reconcile and have accurate, compliant accounting without having to duplicate individual orders and customer info that is captured and held in Shopify.

A2X will create an invoice per payout. If the payout covers a period inside of one month, then A2X will create one invoice. If it covers a period which spans over two months, then it will create two invoices in Xero (one for each month) to ensure your sales and fees are accounted for in the correct month.

The main reasoning behind that is:

a) We have found that when doing Shopify accounting based on order data it is extremely hard to ever correctly reconcile to the payments in your bank account
b) Cloud accounting packages generally recommend against having too many transactions in your accounting system - your accounting system will never get clogged up. As your Shopify business grows, the large number of invoices becomes increasingly difficult to manage and less useful for management reporting. For example, if you have 100's of orders per day, you likely do not want to review each one within your accounting system but you do need complete confidence that Shopify paid you the correct amount and how that payment reconciles to your sales and fees.

A raw settlement file containing all individual transactions will be available for you to download from A2X for your records. This file will also be sent over to Xero attached as a file named 'settlement-report.txt' for audit purposes.

Kindly reach out to us anytime at support@a2xaccounting.com if you would like to discuss any of our features or integrations, we are all happy to help where we can.

With warmest regards,
Jana K.
A2X CS Team

Zusaura

Straightforward installation and integrates perfectly with Shopify-Xero accounts. Exports Shopify sales data seamlessly, and once tax settings set up has been mapped, sending the data to Xero is just a click of a button away and straightforward reconciliation with Shopify payouts/bank statement lines is effortless.

Earnest James Sheffield England

We use this app to pull data from Shopify over to our accountancy package Xero. This automates the whole process after some minor tweaking to set things up. Works extremely well with Shopify. It also works very well with Amazon FBA

Olive Us Girls

I use the A2X app to sync my Shopify with Xero. It is as they say, seamless and easy to use. I am not very good at technology or accounting so it's important that I know I can get help if I need it, and it needs to be pretty intuitive. They hit the mark on both!