Reviews (585)

4.6

Merchants appreciate this app for its customizability, user-friendly interface, and top-notch customer service. It's ideal for managing complex product options and enhancing product listings, especially for stores with many product variations. The app is praised for its smooth performance, reasonable pricing, and its ability to boost sales and improve product option visuals. The support team is commended for their quick responses and readiness to add custom code for specific needs.

Edited March 12, 2024

Edit: 5 to 4 stars. APO's interface changed, and it created problems for us on the customer-facing end when trying to mark a product as out-of-stock. - APO doesn't have an out-of-stock feature anymore, so I simply unchecked the items we don't want to show. This caused the "unassigned" item to show on every single list, including the one I just unchecked it from. It's clearly a coding logic error. APO doesn't seem to see it as an error, and it sounds like my support case is closed since I found myself a workaround. - If you see this issue as well, you'll have to create a new rule just to hide the remaining options (either this or delete everything to hide, but then you'll have to re-enter all the parameters again once they're back in stock).

Original (edited for clairity): This app has been perfect for us! Shopify's standard variant options isn't customizable enough for our products. Advanced Product Options allows us to have one listed product, rather than have to list 15 different products that customers would have to figure out which one they need to order. (Saves a lot of clicks and headaches on both ends!) - We also very recently updated our website theme and had to reimplement this app since the code structure varies theme-to-theme, and APO was able to install it for us for free, which only took a few hours. Before beginning the process, they even let us know there is an update, which seamlessly transfers all necessary data from templates. The update itself took less than an hour, and installation was completed shortly after. - We noticed one issue with our website theme (the Add to Cart button allows bypassing the option selection in certain instances), and they helped us out quickly. It's been about a week since, and everything is working as expected.

Vara Safety
Over 4 years using the app
Edited November 17, 2023

BEWARE. We've used this app for 5 years. They recently updated the app as the older app was having issues where customer's weren't getting charged for options even though they showed on the order. The new approach resolves that, but it opens up some serious issues:
1. Products with options can't have their inventory tracked. This was not told to us when we migrated. It is in "development" (and has been for a while), but it is absurd they launched an app that doesn't have one of the primary functions of e-commerce - tracking inventory. That means you have to manually update your inventory for these SKUs. Really?
2. The new approach can cause a host of other issues with functionality with other apps as it created new custom options variants or SKUs for every order. We had to revamp all of our shipping software to try to accommodate this new approach (with limited success). We also ended up having to remove options from some products because it become too complicated to manage.
3. You'll get a a lot of extra variants or SKUs in your admin system that are a pain to manage as anytime a customer creates an option on your site, it generates a variant or SKU in the back end.
If you don't care about inventory tracking or compatibility with other apps, it works great. Otherwise, BEWARE of using the app.

Wabi Cycles
Over 5 years using the app
September 21, 2023

As many others say this app USED to be great. For the second time in a row now we tried to update the app to the new version and the second time was as bad as the first. And mind that every time it doesn't work our configurator is down, which means our products are worthless.

So comes the second try they send me again instructions how to do this and I am getting ready at a little down time and as per instruction I delete the old app. The moment I am clicking the link the provided I am getting an error message. And now I am in absolute panic mode because our website is basically broken now, I contact support one time, two times, three times...no response. After about two hours I am getting a reply and it basically says "well you should have done that at 10:00am our time" which is 01:00am my time!!! Great, right? Now my site is broken and nobody helps me. Shopify really needs to come up with an insurance against developers like this because if they'd be in the US I would sue them for damages.

CherryTree Inc
Over 2 years using the app
Mageworx replied September 22, 2023

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the migration. Migration to the new app version is a delicate matter, especially for complex app configurations. Therefore, we always ask our customers to initiate the migration within our working hours, so that we could react immediately in case of any issues.

In the migration instructions that we sent you, we specifically underscored the following: "You can start the migration any time Monday - Friday between 10 AM - 6 PM (GMT +2)". Meaning you could have started it in your morning, not at 1:00AM as you claimed above. But you started the migration way outside our working hours, therefore we were not in the position to provide you with timely support.

If you'd be willing to agree on a specific time for migration within our working hours above, we'd be happy to give it another try.

October 19, 2023

This product was just what we were looking for! We needed to add multiple choices to one product and they delivered. Their customer service is excellent! They are awesome to work with and always answer any questions and fix any issues I have made for myself (user error not the product). I highly recommend them!

Triclops sights
3 months using the app
November 24, 2023

This is a great app, but the thing that's impressed me the most is the wonderful support team. Amazing response times and hands-on help with ensuring the product variants are configured correctly and working efficiently. They've over delivered in this regard. Many thanks and greatly appreciated.

Hair at Home
7 months using the app
November 23, 2023

Best app i could find on the store ! The team was even willing to customise it according to our needs, I am definitely sticking with this one for the future

placari-pereti.ro
Romania
3 months using the app
October 18, 2023

Excellent app with even better support! I had an issue with my product page and had it fixed in no time highly recommended.

IN CNTRL
About 1 year using the app
August 30, 2023

This is a full package!!!! A lot of diverse options are available to add! UI is very clean and responsive. The major thing is that the support is really great, responds very quickly to your queries, and applies fixes right away when required.

PetFacePajamas
7 months using the app
October 30, 2023

Read the review by Wabi Cycles, it says exactly everything I want to say. The app worked GREAT for years, but then it became buggy, and after a month, its still not fixed. Their new version of the app doesn't track inventory! Its also incompatible with a shipping app I use.
They updated the app, broke it, and now I'm moving to another app. Don't fix what ain't broke!

PokuPoku Studio
Over 3 years using the app
Mageworx replied November 15, 2023

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our app.

We do understand your concerns and are truly sorry the new app version wasn't a good fit for you.
The app upgrade was a necessity. The old version has an outdated architecture and doesn't meet the latest platform's requirements. Furthermore, we were striving to avoid the unlimited generation of cloned products which concerns our valuable merchants.

However, we are still working on the app improvements and continue introducing new features constantly.
Inventory tracking without a doubt has crucial importance for ecommerce. The system was to be launched earlier, but we've faced difficulties with the implementation and had to rearrange the development strategy. The initial strategy would result in limited functionality, so we decided to postpone the release but introduce the fully operational system.
We already released the preliminary updates that prepare the basis for the general one. So we've got back to our roadmap now, and are working hard to launch the system at the earliest.

We hope you find a solution that will meet your needs perfectly. Should you ever decide to give our app another try, we are always here for you.

Thank you.

November 28, 2023

Great app! I did have some confusion during setup, but the customer support was very helpful!

Herman's Farm Market