Automatic Discounts & Gifts

Automatic Discounts & Gifts | Reviews

by Tabarnapp

Christmas Deals - Tiered Discounts + Gifts + Free Shipping

Urban Modesty

App is working as expected. Developer kindly helped with display of discount price. This is much better than Shopify's automatic discount because customers can change the coupon.

ToolCentral.com

This app looked like it was exactly what we needed, and the way that it sets the discounts up is great. The problem that I have with the app is that it is not user friendly for the customers that visit our site. We may look into using this app in the future if there are a few changes with how it works on the front end for the customers. There are too many steps for the customers and in order for a customer to remove an item from the cart they have to exit out of the pop-up, remove it from the cart, then click back into the pop-up in order to checkout with the discount that they want.

May 21, 2020

Thanks for the feedback. What you describe is not related to the entire app, only to the Upsell/Gift feature. We've improved it already by pre-selecting the first gift by default (avoiding customers the need to click on it). About allowing customers to edit the cart in the Gift's Order Summary modal, this was built like that intentionally, to avoid the temptation of removing items currently in cart before checkout. We'll meet tomorrow altogether and discuss about the possibility to add an option to allow editing the cart. Another idea would be to hide the current items in cart from this modal and only show the gift. We'll come back to you in a few days.

UPDATE - June 9, 2020
We'll implement a new feature to "Auto add gift to cart" by June 20th. This should help your use case.

Green Room Gear

I was in the market for an app to help amplify my store's bundling functionality, and after trying out a few different apps, it became clear that the 'Automatic Discounts App' was the one for my store.

It is very robust and can be tailored quite well to the specific needs you are looking for in regards to automatic discounts (x amount of items in cart yields y% off, etc).

I've also found the developer's customer service team replies fast and with helpful information.

Highly recommend!

EAV Boutique

The "free" plan content would indicate that basic rules for discounts would be available. They are not. I realize I shouldn't complain about anything provided for free, but I wasted 40 minutes trying to figure out what I was missing.

April 21, 2020

Hi Eva, sorry for the confusion about our pricing. Could you point where you saw the Basic rules were included in the free version of the app? We'll change this to avoid mistakenly misguide other people like you.

In about 2 weeks from now, we'll simplify our pricing to avoid such confusion.

Designpax

Very happy with this app so far. All seems to working great. Easy to install, setup and manage. I have not had to deal with support yet, so no idea how good that is but the fact that I didn't need them is good.
www.designpax.com

REK Cosmetics

WARNING. DO NOT PURCHASE. I paid the developer to have them unlock options needed to give freebies away to customers. They did that and their app doesn't minus the freebies given to customers out of the inventory on hand. They said it was Shopify's fault. They will not respond nor will they refund you for anything you paid. I found this flaw out when the freebies my customers were requesting, I no longer had in stock. I had to go could all my inventory and update the system. It was a disaster. DO NOT PURCHASE. There are better apps out there with better support.

December 9, 2019

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Like we've discussed over the phone today, the $49.99 one-time fee was refunded via app credits on June 25th, 2019. About the monthly charges, we've also authorized Shopify to process the refund. As for the issue itself, the piece of info you told us today really helps us investigating: the pre-order app (Preorderly) might have conflicted with the inventory update. We had previously tested in 4 other stores (without this app installed) and all was working smoothly. That's why we previously said we couldn't replicate the issue, as the inventory level was adjusting after each free gift sold. We'll run tests in a store with the Preorderly app and come back to you with our findings.

Five Skincare

This app is extremely clever and useful for us. So far, we have mainly used the "Pre filled Cart" function, with which we can send our customers with a single call-to-action in the newsletter directly to the pre-filled shopping cart.

Hex Girl

Paid $50 just to unlock the app to find out it does not allow me to do what it literally advertises. This app claims you can create discounts based on the URL which the customer comes from (I'm trying to give a discount to customers with a .edu email). I upgraded twice and even on the advance plan there is absolutely no option for this. Not user friendly and quite frankly a waste of money since the app description misleads you to believe the app can do more than it says. I literally paid to unlock a feature that doesn't even exist. Wish I could be refunded.

November 5, 2019

Hi, first of all, thanks for your feedback. We do offer a refund, simply contact us via email to support@tabarnapp.com, or if you already have uninstalled the app, contact directly billing@shopify.com.

About your issue, the app doesn't claim to offer discount based on the traffic source, if that's what you meant. This is not yet implemented in our Discount rules. It claims to allow to create discount links, and by sharing them, to give a discount based on where (which link) the customer is coming from.

About your need of giving a discount to @edu emails, we're currently implementing our Smart Deals feature from our Carter app into our Automatic Discount app. In the Smart Deals, it's possible to create a rule based on the email addresses, for example all students from @edu or all wholesalers from @company.com

Baseline Nutritionals

We needed an app that would allow tiered discounts (5% off for orders over a $100 and 20% off for orders over $250), with 55% of our customers making use of these automatic discounts. This, of course, encourages larger orders. Automatic Discount does the job perfectly with the added bonus of telling shoppers in a popup how much they've saved while still in the shopping cart. Very cool feature, which encourages customers to complete the order in checkout.

SaroshSalman

Awesome App & a good replacement of limited functions of shopify automatic discount. keep it up.

I was using before an app which was using draft order to provide discount & was very poor in function, then shopify support recommended me this App & all my problems got solved