4.7

Merchants appreciate this booking solution for its customizable fields, unique reschedule/cancellation feature, and ability to set individual lead and lag times. It's praised for its seamless integration with Shopify, intuitive interface, and robust notifications. Merchants also value the option to set complex hours and blackouts. The customer service and tech support are highly regarded for their responsiveness and assistance. Ideal for businesses seeking a cost-effective booking platform with excellent tech support.

October 18, 2023

Very poor support. I upload lots of products and bulk import doesn't work and it takes ages.

Passion For Fashion Technologies Pty Ltd
11 months using the app
BTA Commerce, Inc. replied November 8, 2023

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive experience with our app. We've made some changes since your review and have set alerts to make sure that the app is performing at its best. Unfortunately, when you wrote to us, our office was closed as the team was engaged in a work retreat that week, where we were brainstorming on how to address the issues that our customers were experiencing. I can say that since then, we have implemented changes that have been returning positive results.

If you're willing to give us another try, I'll assure you that we are here to provide you with the best support and we can look into that bulk import together. I'd greatly appreciate hearing back from you. Once more I do apologize for the experience you had, and I'm looking forward to make it up to you!

BookThatApp Support

August 16, 2023

Waste of time downloading this app. they want you to pay for every little feature that makes the app worth it and its hard to setup i spent hours with a rep trying to set it up so it works correctly and ended up wasting my time after it all. Dont waste your time downloading this app theres way easier ones

GreenhouseOnVine
5 months using the app
BTA Commerce, Inc. replied September 6, 2023

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about our app. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could list your pain points with the app and how we could make it better. We would truly appreciate your feedback! Looking forward to hearing from you 🙂.

BookThatApp Support Team

February 11, 2024

Customer service is appalling.

We cancelled our plan the day we were charged for a yearly subscription as we no longer use Shopify as our website platform.

They are refusing to issue any refund at all.

Strike a posie
BTA Commerce, Inc. replied February 12, 2024

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our support.

Please note that we updated your support ticket yesterday and advised that a full refund had been issued 🙂️
Please reach out to us if you require any further assistance.

The Team at BookThatApp

March 13, 2020

Every time updates are pushed to the app availability for clients becomes unavailable, which means sales lost.

Apex V2R
About 4 years using the app
Edited January 22, 2019

I don't even know where to start...

We have been using this app for 3 years, and it has been nothing but trouble. The first, and most pervasive problem we have been having with this app is overbooking. It has never honored the capacity that we set. We went over this with customer support for a couple years and the problem was never fixed. When the new "widget" came out, we were told it would solve our problems...

Customer support installed the widget, but they did not check their work. The number of tours changed from 2 a day to 3 a day, and at the wrong times. We came in the next day and there were 180 people overbooked for the morning tour. 180 people.

This might sound great for business, but we had to explain to an angry group, of just south of 200 people, that we could not accommodate all of them due to fire code occupancy regulations. It was a day from hell.

Customer service stepped in and made a much bigger effort (finally) to fix this problem. They did, but we now have a problem where reservations are dublicated, bringing down the total count, and losing us money.

I'm starting to think that this software is poorly written, where one problem begets another. Customer service has been very defensive when we point our issues (red flag), and it is obvious through email, that English is not their first language.

Stay away from this app. We have been spending a lot of time trying to switch to a new booking system but we feel very stuck. Run away.

Edit: I received this email from the developer a few hours after this review:

"Per our terms of service, we do not permit hostile stores to use our App. At this time I would like to notify you that access to BookThatApp will be removed in 24 hours (2019-01-23 15:15:59 +0000 UTC). At that time we will email you a csv file containing your upcoming bookings.

Sorry we were not able to work it out, and good luck with your store.

Thanks, Gavin."

It seems that they retaliate after bad reviews!

Kanaloa Octopus Farm
About 3 years using the app
January 16, 2015

I have never been impressed with this app but have agreed to use it because my business partner insists on it since fit integrates with Shopify. You can't edit different calendar options for variants of a class. Everything I've needed a booking website to do, this app doesn't do…. Additionally, the enrollment sheet doesn't give numbers and isn't clean and straight forward, AND we have a class that is overbooked because the app kept accepting bookings even when I had a limit set!

openhousecreative
Over 2 years using the app
BTA Commerce, Inc. replied March 22, 2019

Dear Shop Owner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

We are sorry that the app didn't have the features you were looking for at the time you were using it. We have since added a ton more features including the ability to schedule by location, book courses and improved reporting.

Good luck with your shop!

The Support Team at Zetya

September 13, 2022

I used this app for classes and courses booking. However the performance of the app is so slow. Page loading is very slow and takes minutes before a complete a page is loaded. Have reported this but we were repeatedly told it due to some kind of network issue on our side. But, we have no issue loading any other apps or pages.

Zontiga
Malaysia
Over 1 year using the app
June 11, 2018

Not impressed. A small business trying to add income source by adding events to our venue. Not overly tech savor and that is why we picked Shopify, which has been awesome to work with.

This app isn't easy to install - directions say to click one thing but it isn't on the screen. Needed help to just walk you through it but you have to submit a "ticket" and WAIT for someone to contact you back. No way to contact or live chat with customer service.

I am limited on time to install this and get it up and going. Can't wait days to get response or help. Also if I have to hire a tech team to install it as mentioned above from another review....this might be to technical for the average businesses owner.

Papilio Mt Dora
7 months using the app
Edited April 13, 2019

App full of bugs!!!! We spent DAY trying to configure this. Terrible support. One of the worst I have every seen. They do not understand what customer service means!

Butterflies Massage
3 months using the app
December 20, 2019

Very bad and poor support, they are not helpful at all, just ask you to pay for everything !!!

Even if you pay the $25 they ask for installation they do the strict minimum, you have to do almost everything by yourself.

If you're not a English native language, welcome !

MyLittleTravel