Buy Button channel

Buy Button channel

by Shopify

Sell your products on any website or blog.

21st Century Steals-N-Deals

Only complaint - put more customization in the code generator for button. For example Pixel Size of CompareAt pricing has to be changed in code for each button. Why can't you just make a customization to change it or remove it outright from the display.

Wild Bee Boutique

Not even sure how this app got installed, It looks like the Buy Button was added to almost all my inventory - but I don't want it added to all my inventory, Only inventory that I have for sale on other sales channels. It looks like I will have to manually remove the button from 700 items? Can this be fixed another way?

May 22, 2020

Hi, there! If you don't want to use the Buy Button sales channel, you can easily remove it under Settings > Sales channels in your admin (click the trash can icon). Doing this will remove it as a sales channel for all of your products by default.

If you'd like to keep the Buy Button for future use but don't want to have it available for your products for the time being, you can remove it as an option for your products using the bulk editor: https://bit.ly/2ZsaP4d or by updating your products via a CSV file: https://bit.ly/2IXhN89.

All of that said, the Buy Button won't take any action unless you manually go into the channel and create a Buy Button for a product and then embed it onto an external website, so there's no harm done if it sits as available for your products without use. I'll follow up with you via email shortly to see if you need any further help with this. Best! - Brie, Shopify Support

Apos Audio

I guess it mostly does what it is supposed to do.

But it's so close to being great.

I hope it has analytics, a unique identifier in each instance so we can analyze and manage the performance of each buy button, a more nuanced product variants selector, more formatting options....etc....etc....

May 13, 2020

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Our teams are always working hard to improve the functionality and features on our apps, so I appreciate you sharing these suggestions. I'd like to pass on your comments about the analytics, unique identifier, product variant selector, and formatting options to our teams. However, in the meantime, I did want to mention that we do currently offer the ability to add variants to buy buttons by following these steps: http://bit.ly/2LXt1KI. Additionally, we also have the option to create these button customizations: https://bit.ly/2LrWoVS.

I'll send you a follow up email to discuss this further and log your feedback on our end. Thanks again! - Rae, Shopify Support

Healing mountain crystals

This app is great for use when you already have a website designed and just need to add buttons as a back end to allow the customer to checkout.
The problem I ran into is that on any page of my website that doesn't have a buy button (like the home page for example and many others) then shoppers don't see the shopping cart. They have to navigate back to a page that has a buy button in order to check out, even if they've already added items to their cart.
I called shopify about this issue twice looking for a solution or even a way to get the code for the shopping cart, so I can add it to a shopping cart button on the menu bar but they said that wasn't possible.

Great app but has issues working seamlessly with my websites design, because it doesn't have a shopping cart button like paypal does.

April 7, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! Without the insight from merchants using our Shopify developed apps, we wouldn't be able to continue developing what we offer.

This set up with the Buy Button is a current limitation due to the nature of connecting your checkout to a third party website. That being said, we’re always working to improve the way our apps work, so I’ve followed up with you via email to share your experience with our development team. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Jung Provisions

I thought the buy button was a great way to direct customers to a product without having the product directly visible on my storefront. That being said, the product that I was offering a buy button for required additional details, like custom engraving, and I would have preferred the buy button carried those through as well. It may be out my scope if it is capable of that but for now I'm not aware.

GiftsUnder$25

It’s really helpful and integrates pretty well with wix, though many features are missing from a true Shopify site. We cant add a cart as each individual code goes in its own HTML box, and we can’t sort the products as each product and code is individual. More integration with other companies would help

January 15, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. While you're right that the Buy Button doesn't create the same cart features as are available on a Shopify store, there are some options.

Depending on the exact set up you'd like to achieve, you may be able to use Collections with the Buy Button (http://bit.ly/2mIfRIL) or Checkout Links (http://bit.ly/2pfEQnI)!

I’ve also reached out to you via email so we can chat further and I can share your thoughts with our development team. Hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Bad Basketball

I am using this to show my products on a custom Wordpress site I built. The core functionality is solid, although there are 2 things I would add.

1. The ability to redirect to Checkout in the same tab. (I had to mess with the code of the buy button for a while too figure this one out. I was able to accomplish it but it would be much nicer if it was an option like in the sidebar when creating the buy button)

2. Since I do not have an actual strorefront on Shopify (I own my own domain) when users are redirected to checkout the url changes to my shopify store url. I would rather have the url stay the same because if someone inputs the shopify store url into their browser they will get the blank default theme. If I switch to the Shopify Lite plan then I loose some of Shopify's functionality and plugin ability (Most notably Kit)

December 10, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. Your feedback is valuable for app development. I see that you've reached out to us regarding this, and a member of our Support Team suggested a workaround - have you tried this already?

Nevertheless, I've gone ahead and sent you an email to follow up to see if there's anything I can do to support you with those steps. Hope to hear from you soon! - Ryder, Shopify Support

DrMoon

App not working. I tried to contact them and i had no response for help. I hope someone contact me. I added the app but i cant creat buttons. when i try the page of Buy Button try to load, but the loading fail, then i recieve ERROR msg, and then bring me back to the page that i was, the Shopify dashboard.

November 12, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and I'm sorry to hear that you have not heard back from us on this issue. I will be happy to take a look at this loading error for you, so I will reach out to you via email shortly to gather more information on this problem and hopefully offer some solutions. Please keep an eye out for my email and let me know if you still require assistance on this. -Victor, Shopify Support

Eileen’s Love

Overall its handy to launch products to select customers rather then having to post live, However I don't like that they can't see any product info, its just straight to cart and one tiny little picture.

October 1, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and for providing feedback on what you'd like to see added to the Buy Button's functionality. I can see why having additional product information included would be helpful and I will be passing your suggestion onto our development team for their consideration. Merchant feedback is a key component when it comes to deciding how we can improve the apps and features we offer, so thank you again for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. -Victor, Shopify Support

The Beer Library

Decent app overall. Seems to function well enough. The new ability to access from the product page is nice.

However, I find its use limited for my business as I can not create a checkout link with multiple different items. It's rare that my customers purchase single items so being able to curate a custom basket of items would be very helpful.

September 25, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! If you know customers would like to purchase certain items together, we do have the option to create a Buy Button for collections (http://bit.ly/2mIfRIL). If you have customers that are reaching out directly as well, Draft Orders could be a good solution for creating custom carts! This page here talks about those (http://bit.ly/2mQFk2r).

I've also followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team, so that we can continue to improve Shopify and our apps. Thanks again! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Previous 1 3