Shopify Collabs

Rating (2.9)
Developer
2.9
October 14, 2022

Needs a signature section and a way to communicate with collaborators. great for keeping things in one place

Hand Held Legend
Time spent using app: 4 months
August 6, 2022

I love it so far. I'm glad Shopify made their system. once it has an ios app I'll give it 5 stars. Being able to check stats on a phone is such a must for me, especially as a business owner on the go!

Fitto Activewear
July 26, 2022

Overall, we like the app, it's easy to use, and largely automates the management of influencers. We'll probably move from our existing Affiliate platform at some point, but would like a few more features first, most obviously, the ability to change the email template that goes out to applicants. We have to re-write it every time, and it 'feels' like there's an option somewhere to change the template, but we've not been able to find it.

Abstract Ocean
Time spent using app: 3 months
July 20, 2022

I'll give Dovetale four stars because it is now included with our Shopify subscription. We have abandoned our other provider and are fully operating on Dovetale now. However, we are feeling a lack of features and some of our affiliates have problems connecting their social accounts. Here are our suggestions, Dovetale:
-We need to be able to message influencers from the app
-Not all influencers are social media influencers. We would like the ability for people to sign up with an email address instead of a social account
-We need to pay commissions 'fixed amount per product' and that option is not available

Atla Water
Edited October 3, 2022

Updating my review after exploring other paid apps and using other services. I left my initial review below and had initially given this app 1 star. I'm giving this 4 stars now, as the main issue we have is sometimes our ambassadors aren't able to connect easily to the app. This usually happens when their social media (Instagram) is a secondary one, associated to their main account (as most of our ambassadors are pet accounts, we have a few of those). This is an ongoing issue, and it would be great to have this looked at better. The other issues I mentioned previously aren't great, but guess what, very expensive apps have that too, and they don't give you a manual solution to remove the commission when your own ambassadors use their code. Shopify Collabs gives you control of that, which turns out to be great. Overall I think it's a great free app, and actually is less frustrating that paid ones. I never deleted this app as I intended initially, and I'm glad I haven't. Support could be faster though. --- my 1st review: --
Not great support, takes a very long time to speak to developers when you have an issue, and still they aren't able to assist. Issues with affiliates trying to connect their social media when they have sub accounts on Instagram, and the app doesn't allow for that. Affiliates are able to use their own codes for purchases, it doesn't recognise their email addresses. Don't recommend, will be changing ASAP

zeldaandharley.com
Time spent using app: 6 months
Shopify replied June 13, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I've sent you an email to open up the lines of communication and offer further support.

Vance | Shopify

June 8, 2022

This app has huge potential to be an all-around amazing app. Definitely need to work on a few things such as a direct communication service/line with Dovetale themself instead of Shopify, open the options of payment methods that can used other than Paypal, and mainly, an option for ambassadors to request payout (notifying the owner via email/sms) this feature would be a complete game-changer, since it removes an extra step from ambassadors of having to go outside of app/site to request payout.

MAESTRO Sportswear
Edited May 3, 2022

Support got back to me and answered all of my questions. From their answer, Dovetale isn't as functional as UpPromote, but a lot of Dovetale's features seem cleaner, more intuitive and Dovetale is free. Not sure if I'll be making the switch yet, but manual referral entry isn't possible, so it's likely I'll have to pass on Dovetale until that feature is possible.

Birch Boys, Inc.