Shop Protector

Shop Protector

by Human Presence Technology

End form spam and fake accounts, protect your checkout

Bad Signals

This app is great. Tells me how many real and how many suspicious users filled out forms or comments on my website and blocks spam from clogging my inbox.

RMFullerton Retail Shop

This star rating is for the Basic plan. Read to end of review for notes on my brief experience with the Plus plan when it was a new product. 5 stars for Basic plan! It blocks bots from using the Contact and New Customer registration forms, and eliminated all of my fake new customer registrations and 95% of my fake contact form use. It can't block 100% because some bots will have cached the old form pages and use those for a year or more. But it will stop new bot use of the forms, and eventually old forms cached by bots will be refreshed. I discontinued use of the Plus plan in December 2019, so my review doesn't cover any developments in the product since then. It was still a very new product at that time. The Plus plan has order blocking features that interfered with Shopify's accelerated check outs that skip the check out page, such as Paypal Express. When I tried the Plus plan, it cancelled and refunded legitimate customer orders. Luckily for me, the Plus plan is more geared toward drop-shippers to stop reseller bots from buying out trending products -- not my business type, so not something I need. Also, Human Presence personnel and customer support are extremely responsive to customer communication.

September 1, 2020

I’m glad to hear that you are a fan of Shop Protector and that the Basic plan functionality continues to work so well for you. Shop Protector Plus was designed to offer premium features like Checkout Protection with configurable anti-fraud business rules, convenience utilities like Bulk Order Cancellation, Order Cancellation Workflows, etc. We have many satisfied merchants who offer regular flash sales (limited quantity, highly anticipated product releases) and require this functionality to ensure reasonable customer satisfaction. Otherwise, all the hard to get merchandise is acquired with bots and loyal customers are left empty handed. We do make recommendations to all our Plus plan customers to avoid the use of accelerated checkouts at the product and/or cart level as it does not give Shop Protector the opportunity to follow the customer's behavior through the life of their shopping session. Unfortunately, at the time that you installed Plus we did not have steps in place to check each store’s configuration and make such recommendations and even make the change on behalf of the merchant as we do now. We thank you for your valuable and honest feedback and hope that this app will suit you well and continue to provide the protection you need.

Gap Bumper

Absolutely perfect and did exactly what it said it would do. Immediately stopped the annoying spam accounts that were happening daily.

Cynabar

I was having 100's of bot sign ups until I installed this app. I needed some assistance and was quickly given the help I needed. Now not one fake customer sign up since I started using Shop Protector. I highly recommend this app.

Halloween24x7

This is one of those apps that you just install, configure, and essentially forget about. It just works and keeps more spam from reaching my inbox.

Verve Wine

Great support! Since they helped me find and protect all forms on the website, no new bot sign ups!

Vert & Vogue

The app works as advertised and their support team is quick to respond and super helpful. Would recommend.

Dark Elf Dice

Bots started opening fake customer accounts on our store in December. I called Shopify for help, and the rep I spoke with recommended the Shop Protector app. Installation was easy, but bots were still setting up fake accounts. I contacted the app developers and they were very helpful. Apparently, there was some error in the automatic protection that caused our customer form to not get protected properly, but they worked their magic and everything works great! No more fake bot accounts :)

OffNorth

After installing the app, initially had some issues in configuring the same. The support is good and they helped in setting it up properly. It's been 3 days and have not received a single spam customer registration.

Thanks Bill and John for your help and support.

Safana Jewellery

Do NOT download this app. They cancelled 2 of my customer orders due to their own 'fraud analysis'. Shopify's fraud analysis said it was a low risk order, however Shop Protector app decided to cancel for no reason. One customer paid with Klarna Buy Now Pay Later and another with Visa. Both customers reached out to me after regarding their cancelled order. This app will ruin your business and you will lose out on potential orders. Both of my orders were high value orders and because of Shop Protector I almost lost had the customers not reached out to me themselves. I had this app for only a week!

December 23, 2019

We appreciate your comments, we have reached out a number of times asking that you reinstall briefly so our tech team could troubleshoot and solve your issue. This is very atypical and we would like to determine what in your configuration setup has caused this problem.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6