Shop Protector

Protect Your Checkout + Stop Form Spam & Fake Accounts

From $3.99/month. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

SunPlum

This is an awesome app with great support and really stop spam in its track; you will literally see the difference almost immediately once its setup correctly.
In that, previously we were being inundated with spam customer accounts, signing up to also receive newsletters. This was quite disruptive to our business process, as we had to be spending extra time cleaning out the spam emails in between the real emails from our mailing list; that was taking time away from focusing on our real customers. So we had to address this issue quickly before it overwhelmed us.
However, at first when I installed it, I was able to click the option to automatically protect most of the forms on the spot which was really cool. But there was one form that the app couldn’t update automatically, that it warned us about. And after following the instructions and trying to update it myself, I couldn’t find some of the sections in the theme that the guide made reference to, that we needed to update as well; since we have a more custom website.
So to ensure we covered all our bases, I reached out to support with a quick email explaining where I got stumped and asked them to help us with the setup, as well as, just verify the other forms I already auto-protected were good as well. And support was extremely quick in helping us get fully setup and since then we had zero issues with spam; its unbelievable but it works hands-down.
So this is a must have for every shop having spam issues, I can’t recommend it enough. Thanks so much Will and team.

Monsta Vapour

I thought this app would stop spam bots visiting my site, it does not... very very disappointed, i think i will uninstall seems of no benefit to me.

March 1, 2019

Hello,

In some cases the automatic form protection is unable to properly protect all forms for certain themes. In these cases it is necessary to use the form protection menu to get these forms protected. Alternatively our support team is available to actually go in and protect those forms for you. I believe that this was the problem you were experiencing. If you would be willing to reinstall our application I would be happy to personally ensure all of your forms are properly protected. Simply send our support team an email if you decide to reinstall and we will make sure your site is fully protected!

God Life Authentic

Time spent using app Over 2 years

God Life Authentic has been incredibly blessed with the incomparable knowledge of Shop Protector! Our theme required additional attention but not to worry, Will, our support specialist, quickly responded and had everything resolved & protected in no time. His willingness to assist was nothing short of human kindness. Thanks, Will, and thank you Shop Protector. Blessings!

bellperc

Time spent using app About 2 years

We were getting lots of spam bots filling in our contact forms. Decided to try this app and it's completely stopped! We were struggling to set it up properly so the support team set it up for us. Great app and great service!

Kinky Toy Store

A good app that does what it says. Easy to install and setup. Recommended for all stores.

Snackiwi

Location New Zealand
Time spent using app Over 1 year

We've been very happy with Shop Protector. We've only had one fake customer registration since putting Shop Protector on the job, and no other spam issues.

Mountain Madness Soap Co

Our site has been slow for several months and sometimes our navigation menu was only partially loading on iOS browsers. After consulting with our template developer, he determined that the issue was with a particular script (vital-forms.js). I then used Firefox developer tools to validate this and traced the script back to Ellipsis and figured out that it was related to this app. I uninstalled the app and then checked on the forms that it had been "protecting". The uninstall did not remove the app scripts on those pages and a form submit would still go through their site (and not work since it was uninstalled). I had to then find all of the form liquid pages and revert them to prior to the Shop Protector install. All in all, a very poor app experience that definitely cost us some sales.

EDIT: After our experience, the company reached out to me to tell me there was an alternate script in the few cases of site slowdowns and that they were currently re-vamping the app. And they offered to get us up and running with the new script. I declined the offer, but I appreciate them getting in touch so am changing my rating from 1 to 3 stars.

Premiomart1

their app is amazingly good

and their support is incredible, quick replies and helped in understanding the app and solving anything I encountered within minutes

I See What I Can Do Here Yeah

Very pleased with the customer service! Had some issues with the templates working with the app, so they went right in to fix it and then some! 120% effort and beyond. (adding more functionalities into the app). 5 stars!

Lazyjack Press

Time spent using app About 19 hours

Just signed up. Shop Protector fixed the problem I was having - excellent customer service! So happy I found it :) Definitely recommend.