Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

lesextravagantes

This app works fine and can be set up in seconds. However, it would be REALLY great to get the currency selector on top of the screen instead of the footer. Hope the team will update the code accordingly soon!

Hi lesextravagantes,

The reason we don't support selectors in the header is that header selectors often get hidden in the Menu option for mobile visitors. Instead, we offer the bar or popup which is much easier for buyers to find. Hope this helps.

Kupora

Great app but please let us customise the text.

Why do you have it fixed. Text size and font please. Remove the !important in the CSS code.

Add function in the app where we can select:
- font-family
- font-size

Hey Kupora,

Thanks for your feedback. We will explore how we can give merchants more control over the copy and the styling of the recommendation bar.

Snufflebean Yarn

A great new addition for my shopify store, with a couple of niggles.

1. I would love to be able to have the currency switcher in the header, and not wayyyyyyy down in the footer where it's virtually hidden.
2. Would love to be able to customise the font, and style of the button a little more.

This app has great potential, I look forward to seeing what new features they roll out. Also - I would love it if an app like this FINALLY solved the EU-Vat display issue that has plagued European sellers like me for years.

Hey Snufflebean Yarn,

Currency selectors in header often get hidden in the Menu for mobile visitors and are hard to find. This is why we offer the recommendation bar / popup which visitors can find lot more easily.

We will consider your feedback on providing more control over the styling of the button.

Titanwise

Looks like it would be very useful but as I already use the Bold multi-currency app, it doesn't work with it. I'd like it to only recommend changing the language and not the currency, then I would use it for sure. E.G. Looks like you’re in Denmark. Change language?. Then have the selector box with the languages.

EK2.ca, Inc

A great feature for established business!
It wouldn`t be unreasonable to request for more color customization.

Hi EK2.ca, Inc

Thanks for your review. Please email Shopify support with feedback on any additional color customization that you are looking for.

MERSOR

Works for me, BUT I cannot customize the text. Once the app is installed it says "Looks like your browser is set to English. Change language?". Thats not what I want. The text of the example images (in the app store) is much better.

Also the size of the text is quite big. How can I adjust that? For example: the text in my fixed top banner is way smaller compared to the Geo-text.

Once the Geo Banner is more customizable, I'll adjust my rating :)

Hey MERSOR,

When the Geolocation app only makes language recommendation as is the case with your store, we depend on the browser language. This is why the text is different from what you see in App Store listing - which is for both currency and language.

We have had issues with the top bar recommendation type in the theme you are using. We would recommend switching to the "Popup" recommendation type.

Bravepoint Kennel

I connected via VPN and launched a browser (Chrome), which i never use and did not see anything on my site. Suggestions?

Hey Bravepoint Kennel,

We visited your store using a VPN set to the US and can see the recommendation on your store. However, multi-currency for Shopify Payments seems to be conflicting with the BEST Currency Converter app that you have installed.

We would recommend uninstalling the app and trying again. Geolocation ap should work as expected.

FACT + FICTION

Updated: Finally got it to show up for me, but as I originally said, I did initially test in a private browser, hopefully working ok now. Would still like to be able to change text size as it looks very heavy and unprofessional being larger than our store text size. May change to one of the other paid apps for the sake of $5 p/m that looks more slick.

Not great so far. Installed it and tried on a private browser and still not visible. Let us know when it works. Also ability to change the font size would be good as the font is too large and not in line with out store. On the example the font is the same size so its a shame that this can't be changed.

Hi FACT + FICTION,

Thanks for your feedback about giving more control over text size. We will consider your suggestion as we work to further improve the app. In the meantime, you may want to consider using the popup option.

Also, the current app that you are using is causing redirects to happen continuously so you may want to look in to this experience.

-------------------------------------------

Hi Fact + Fiction,

Here in Canada, we do see a recommendation on your shop for Canadian dollars. Since recommendations only appear to new visitors who are from other countries or whose device is set to one of your other store languages. To test on your live store, we recommend using a VPN and accessing your shop in a private browsing window.

We’ll keep your feedback in mind about font size as we continue to work on the app.

Mystic Moon Shop, Inc

I cannot provide any details and what I like or dont like because the app doesnt work :( I have added it to both my stores without success! Guess Ill wait to see if they get the bug worked out because I do like the idea of it! Thank you for letting me know its working and how to check!

Hi Mystic Moon,

We do see a recommendation on your store from here in Canada! Recommendations only appear to new buyers who are from other countries or whose device is set to one of your other store languages. To test on your live store, we recommend using a VPN and accessing your shop in a private browsing window.

Hobbyhorse Music

I installed the app and published but the app is not working in my store. The bar shows up in the preview but not on my store's homepage or anywhere else.

Hey Hobbyhorse Music,

The recommendations bar will only show up on your store if you're visiting from another country or your device is set to another one of your store languages. You can test this with a VPN and by accessing your store in a private browsing window.