Google channel

Google channel

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3.3)
Developer
3.3
August 22, 2022

I've had thousands of my Shopify products in my Google Merchant center successfully for more year or two with no problems. My website is Claimed (green checkmark) and email verified (green checkmark). All the sudden my products are removed, and Shopify says my Merchant Center has been suspended, even though when I log into my Google Merchant Center admin it says I'm a "trusted store" and that there are no issues listed (other than lack of products now). I've also not received any emails notifying me of any problems or any indications as to why my products are suddenly removed. So I disconnected Google from within Shopify and re-connected it and now Shopify says my website is claimed by someone else even though it's successfully claimed by me in the Google Admin (green checkmark). I've contacted Shopify and Google, and have heard from no one with any solution to this. Can someone please help? I just want to get my products back in Google Merchant Center. Thanks! Debbie / Atomic Mobiles

Atomic Mobiles
Time spent using app: Over 4 years
Shopify replied August 24, 2022

Hi there,

Charlotte here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use Google on your store and leave a review. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see how we can provide more support for you on this.

Charlotte | Shopify

August 22, 2022

I've been trying to spend the thousands/month on advertising but Google won't let me set it up through Shopify or the Merchant Center. It's a black hole of ineffectiveness. Always the same meaningless problems that keep me from advertising anything. Is there any support for this product?

Phi Sciences- The Dr. Flanagan Experiments
Time spent using app: 25 days

Hello,

Jackie here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. We're going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see if we can address some of the issues you were having with the app.
Jackie | Shopify

August 20, 2022

Our shipping rates are automatically generated by the shipping company, and loaded into Shopify without our interaction - yet Google suspended our account because our shipping rates for Google don't match the shipping rates for Shopify... We've asked a total of 8 times for help, and have all but given up. They have sent us the same canned response every time. If you want a headache, you're in the right place!

Heartbreaker Guitars
Time spent using app: Over 1 year

Hi there,

I'm William from Shopify support, and I want to help you today. I understand that you've been trying to get the shipping rates to sync properly between Shopify and Google. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, could you please watch your email inbox for a reply from me?

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist
Shopify

August 20, 2022

I opened my account and it has been suspended saying policy violation , my website has sale on. I have fed it via shopify . continuesly my all products are disapproved , trying to contact to team , there is no one coming back with the solution answer.

AMF FURNITURE
Time spent using app: 2 months

Hi there,

Charlotte here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use Google on your store and leave a review. While suspensions are actually decided by Google, and not by Shopify. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see how we can provide more support for you on this.

Charlotte | Shopify

August 19, 2022

My account has been rejected since I opened the store. It tells me that I haven't added contact details and they are in the footer menu. I'm fed up. I don't know what else to do

Babilon Beauty
Romania
Time spent using app: 3 months

Hi there,

William here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our Google channel. I see that you've had some trouble getting through the setup and onboarding, I'll reach out to you to discuss the account specific details of your request and I hope that you'll be able to use the app without trouble.

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist
Shopify

August 17, 2022

I can't even connect the app to try it out. I keep getting "Error 400: invalid_request
Account restricted" If you’re the app developer, make sure that these request details comply with Google policies.
access_type: offline
openid.realm:
origin: https://google-shopping.shopifycloud.com
response_type: code permission id_token
redirect_uri: storagerelay://https/google-shopping.shopifycloud.com?id=auth705803
ss_domain: https://google-shopping.shopifycloud.com
prompt: consent
include_granted_scopes: true
client_id: 407182546550-jursbltk3ek1batrdhns9pojkpnv63ke.apps.googleusercontent.com
gsiwebsdk: 2
scope: openid https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.profile https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.email https://www.googleapis.com/auth/siteverification https://www.googleapis.com/auth/content https://www.googleapis.com/auth/adwords https://www.googleapis.com/auth/youtube.third-party-link.creator https://www.googleapis.com/auth/youtube.readonly

Anima
Time spent using app: About 17 hours
Shopify replied August 19, 2022

Hi there!

Paola here with Shopify! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with the Google Channel app. I completely understand where you are coming from and I will be reaching out to you shortly so we can troubleshoot what is happening on your end. I want to make sure you have all the necessary tools to try out and take the most out of the Google Channel app.

I look forward to chatting with you!

Paola | Shopify Support

August 16, 2022

Great attempt, but something's broken. Our store says: "78 products didn’t publish to Google. View these products to see why." So I go to products and they say: "GTIN is required for this product". But our products DO have GTINs (UPCs) - they are LPs and CDs. All correctly entered in the barcode/GTIN box in our product page. A basic field that Google doesn't pick up from Shopify! Looking forward to it getting fixed....?

Jungle Records
Time spent using app: 24 days
Shopify replied August 19, 2022

Hey there,

Thomas here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with the Google Channel. I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to open a line of communication to see how I can help.

Thomas | Shopify

August 16, 2022

Excellent service. Excellent customers finder. I recommend google ads for every shopify store owner. Thanks you google. I want to rate 10 stars.

pvmark
Time spent using app: 11 months
August 15, 2022

My goal was connecting YouTube shopping as our videos are the #1 source of conversion. This App is extremely frustrating. Forced me to create a new Merchant Center account rather than feed to our existing account which has worked perfectly for years. This shut down my Google Ad campaigns for a week while waiting for approval of products and various errors to patch up. Finally all connected, new Merchant Center is up and running. STILL CANNOT GET YOUTUBE TO PICKUP OUR PRODUCTS! I lost a significant amount of revenue in this transition, and it seems like Shopify isn't providing any support. There should be a litany of troubleshooting videos. Very disappointed.

Red's Fly Shop
Time spent using app: 12 days
Shopify replied August 16, 2022

Hi there,

Ashley here from Shopify support.

I'm happy that you were able to get this issue resolved. I completely understand your frustration with the lack of available merchant facing resources such as troubleshooting videos and will be sure to pass this valuable feedback along to the team so that they can work towards a smoother onboarding experience.

Ashley | Shopify

August 15, 2022

It's been about three weeks now of attempting to connect Shopify to my monetized YouTube channel and after multiple interactions with reps, it's starting to become clear this app just is NOT compatible with YouTube brand accounts (which no one actually knows for sure or not). If that's the case, I'd say this function is pretty useless considering majority of channels use/migrated to brand accounts!

Black Rabbit Gaming
Time spent using app: 22 days
Shopify replied August 16, 2022

Hi there,

Ashley here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use Google channel on your store and leave a review. I understand that you are experiencing an issue with setting up the YouTube section of the channel. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see how we can provide support for you on this.

Ashley | Shopify