HelpCenter

HelpCenter

by Vertex LV

Build an Attractive FAQs Page

Zurchy

We used this for a while on many shops, now we have to find a free alternative. There are features now in the paid premium that should be free or else the free version doesn't have enough for it to be worth while. Sad to see this one go. But the upgrade doesn't justify the cost when you aren't using all premium features.

August 21, 2019

Dear Zurchy,

Thank you for your review, but all Help Center features and FAQ structure that your shops had before Premium launch remain for you for FREE.

In Premium version it is possible to have multilingual FAQ page, export content of existing FAQ page and import it into many new merchant's shops (not doing hard copy-paste work), choose from different FAQ templates, use FAQ page for cross-sell&up-sell activities. These new features were implemented based on customer's requests and we believe they will have value for the merchants that need them.
Sorry, if you have experienced any inconvenience. But existing customers have all possibilities to have the same FAQ page, transition period to change the structure if needed and service from us as it was before.

We wish you all the best -

Untold Time

This app was free. Then all of a sudden it changes to paid ( unless you want one category) which is useless. They are forcing you to pay the premium for what they offered for free. What a scam. Check and see if your theme has a built-in FAQ. I wouldn't trust this app and highly suggest you don't waste your time. There are plenty of free options out there and who knows they could double this price out of nowhere after you put so much work into building the FAQ page and you're stuck unless you want to spend hours doing it again (which I just did). Not to mention this app is very very basic and not worth a cent.

August 20, 2019

Dear Untol Time,

Thank you for your feedback. All Help Center features and FAQ structure that Existing users had before the Premium launch remain them for FREE and customers are informed about that.
We had no intention to push customers to pay for premium services if a customer doesn't need them.
As payable Premium Help Center version was launched with new services, hope you understand, that we as a developers, have to make revenue as any other merchant on Shopify.
You have all possibilities to have the same FAQ page that you had before, unless you uninstall the app and more than 48h passes. Then following Shopify redact policy, all customer data must be deleted from the app.

If you have any additional questions - we'll be glad to help. Please contact us at support@eoscity.com.

Help Center support

whitewolfandco

Had trouble setting this up and had trouble finding the install video after closing windows by accident. When I contacted support they gave me a generic response instead of actually taking the time to look and understand the problem. Once it was fixed - a week later - customer service has berated me into changing my review.

July 21, 2019

Dear Whitewolfandco,

We are happy that the issue was solved and FAQ page is live on your store right now.
Regarding Help Center video - if you need it in the future, it's always available on Shopify app store, Help Center app's description's listing page, top right corner: https://apps.shopify.com/helpcenter
We are truly sorry, if you've experienced some negative emotions in app's setting up process. When the issue about linking FAQ with shop's menu was solved, support people kindly asked to update the review.
We wish you all the best in your business!

Kind regards -

July 21st:
Hi whitewolfandco,

There isn't really any problem and your HelpCenter page is not live because it isn't linked with a menu properly. The HelpCenter page is located here https://whitewolfnco.net/apps/help-center and your footer menu has a link https://whitewolfnco.net/pages/help-centre which isn't the link of the app. Simply, go to your navigation section and assign a link path /apps/help-center to your menu item. Your page will be live immediately.

Polaris Baby

I used to love this app, but I just found out that if I want to continue adding new sections and categories to my FAQ page, then I'll need to upgrade to premium. From now on, the free version will only include one category and one section. This will basically force every user to use the premium version, since having only one section on the FAQ page is not very useful (unless you want your page to look totally unprofessional).

You say you will not charge existing users for the sections they have already created, as long as we don't uninstall the app. However, if we have some technical issues that require uninstalling and reinstalling the app (and we don't manage to reinstall within 48 hours), then we will have only one section on our FAQ page, just like new users, unless we pay up.

I understand that you need to make a living, but I'm quite pissed that you managed to ruin one of my favorite apps. If the free version included unlimited categories and sections (just like before), then it wouldn't seem like you are pushing your users to pay for the premium version.

August 21, 2019

Dear Polaris Baby,

Thank you for your feedback. We want to assure that all Help Center features and FAQ structure that you had before Premium plans launch remain you for FREE. If you need to change a structure or add more categories, sections to your FAQ page - you can add as many as you like for free in transition period (or if you'll need a prolongation of it - please let us know). And use upgraded structure now or later - according to your business needs.

We'd kindly like to pay your attention to app uninstallment and 48hours period: this comes from GDPR requirements and Shopify redact policy. It is general obligatory rule for all app developers to delete merchants and it's customers data after 48 hours when app is uninstalled. We understand the inconvenience that might be caused in such cases, but app developers have to follow these important Shopify requirements.

If you'll have any additional questions - please let us know (support@eoscity.com).
We'll be at your service.

kind regards -

GoldenPawsStore

cannot customize the font and the theme i mean the page style i hope this app will improve so i can use it nicely

June 11, 2019

Hello, GoldenPawsStore,

Thanks for your feedback! In Help Center's Settings part, Style section there is a possibility to choose fonts of: FAQ page category, sections and articles. Also in the same Style section you can choose colours of FAQ texts, titles of sections, articles, links, buttons, also - background colour. We'll be glad to help you if you'll have more questions - please contact us support@eoscity.com

have a nice day!
Help Center support

Nigel Greene Electrical

I really don't get this app. It calls itself a help center but for the life of me I could not get it installed and there was no help. The shopify menu instructions are either very poorly written or out of date. And there is no help!!

April 22, 2019

We'd more that happy to get a problem solved. Our support team is always here and ready to assist but here has been an issue in support request delivery. We were not aware of the HelpCenter installation problem in a shop Nigel Greene Electrical.
Looking forward for you reply to the email we just sent.

Time Rolles

yo la estaba usando en otra tienda ahora acabo de abrir otra y me sale error 504. Que broma es esta? arreglen lo rapido ya de una vez porfavor ¡¡

House Novelties

The app keeps crashing when building the FAQ page and often get “ invalid link” when trying to do something. It doesn’t take into account the general format setting of your website and you can’t change it – blue underline titles for sections, different font type and size. It also alters the Main Menu adding blue underlines on menu items. Bottom line the FAQ page does not have the same look and feel than the rest of the website… looking very unprofessional.

Wilex

The design is great but the app keeps crashing when trying to make my FAQ page, ignored it at first but got so annoying i had to delete the app. Sometimes i would click a button and it would say invalid link. Not sure why the app is five stars.

Aquapuratab

My store address is www.aquapurashop.com
The first problem with the faq page is that on many desktops, laptops, mobiles, tabs, the drop down doesnt work no matter howmany times you click on a question.
The second problem is that if we open 10 questions, we have to press back 10 times to go to the previous page. So it means that to go to the previous page, we have to hit the back button equivalent number of times as the number of Faq's we have clicked and opened.

Previous 1 3