eBay Connect

eBay Connect

by inkFrog, Inc

Import, export or sync your Shopify products with eBay.

Gamesrcheap

An app that isn't worth it and marks up your products in order to make money themselves. Shame, as it'd have been nice to have a simple way to mass import my products to ebay.

Solo Stylezz

At this point if I could give this app a zero I would. I have paid for this app for quite a few months now. I received an email out of the blue stating that my trial had run out and that my account was being downgraded to a free account. At first I thought it was some type of mistake until I realized that they canceled me so that I will now have to pay $29 a month instead of the $18 that I was previously paying for the same service. No warning, nothing. This is just bad business. Don't waist your time. Find a app that is loyal to it's customers.

Hampshire Models

I am very happy with this app 99% of the time, and the other 1% of the time it drives me nuts !

I should start by saying that when I signed up, it was the only app I could find which would take products from Shopify into E-Bay, and then take the orders from E-Bay back into Shopify, and do all that at the price which a small business could tolerate. So thumbs up on that.

The set-up process was quite onerous, not because Inkfrog is difficult or obtuse, but because there is a 'best practice' way to operate Inkfrog to give yourself the minimum of problems. If you follow that method, then life begins to settle down, if not, stand by for a bumpy ride.

I strongly recommend taking advantage of the offer of a call with an Inkfrog support representative before you get too deep into the software. I did this perhaps a little bit later than I should of, and did it because I kept having problems with products not syncing properly, wrong photo's being uploaded, prices being changed etc. I had to do something about these problems because as anyone selling on E-Bay knows, you are on a very short leash.

I follow the Inkfrog best practice to the letter now, and the problems are very much reduced. There is still the occasional blip, however whether the issue is within Inkfrog, or because E-Bay or Shopify have changed something, is generally impossible to tell.

I have found the Inkfrog support team to respond very quickly on the whole, I have never been left without a solution, and generally the solution is there within a couple of hours. However, what I have rarely been able to find out, is why the problem occurred in the first place. This is really important to know in my view, because if the problem is my own process, I want to know about it so I can prevent further issues.

Aside from the occasional unexplained glitch, my main gripes about the software would be that in order to avoid sync problems, every time a new product or products is created in Shopify, Inkfrog will not pick that up unless the product download file is rebuilt from scratch. This is an automated process, but if you have products into the thousands, this can take a while to do.

The other main issue is that for existing products on Shopify, if you amend the photo's, these are not automatically updated in E-Bay. I believe the Inkfrog team are working on that feature though.

So, in my view, for the money, there is no better app that will do all that it does, but be prepared to put a lot of work in to getting it working for you properly. I would also say that I am not 100% comfortable that I can 'ignore' Inkfrog and let it work in the background, errors do still occur, and you would be wise to log in and check for anomalies on a daily basis.

UPDATE OCTOBER 2017 - I have been having various issues with synchornising information between Shopify, Inkfrog and E-Bay. It has been well over a week now and despite reporting the issue on THREE seperate occasions, nobody from Inkfrog has bothered to reply at all. Basically, less than a third of E-Bay orders are being pushed into Shopify by Inkfrog, so Shopify inventory is out of sync until I do it manually. I have also had intermittent issues with dispatch information not being pulled from Shopify into E-Bay.

I don't know whether I am being ignored by Inkfrog, or there is a much bigger issue at play such as the support team being disbanded perhaps.

Either way, if my recent experience is anything to go by, then the support provided is zero, which is not what I pay $29 per month for.

I have revised my view of Inkfrog from being optimistic about the software, to ready to move on to a different solution due to persistent poor support where elementary features of the software are not working as they should.

Traderbrock

Doesn't stay synced. Buggy and slow if you have many items. Customer service not very helpful.

Kazzi

Not happy at all. It acts funny. It increased the prices on ebay a lot more than what I had on my store. Store price was $18 inkfrog listed it on ebay for $53!!
I contacted the support and they said the setting to sync shopify prices were off! This was totally false as i check the setting. They forced syn certain product. I imported new list and the list has the same issue. I lost a lot of sale because of this bug in InkFrog.
I am not looking for alternatives.Can't keep paying InkFrog for losing sales.

Reaction Tackle

Works OK to sync Shopify to Ebay, but if you want to add another store like Amazon in the mix its a nightmare, they have NO chat or phone support.
Every time I try to email a list of questions, it takes between 4 and 12 hours and they only answer one question, then its another day shot waiting for a 2nd response.
Looking for a different company that has better support if they cant help soon.

My Lash Store

I've been using inkfrog for nearly 2 years now and for the most part it's been really good. It generally keeps the inventory synced up regularly and the support staff are fast to assist (usually have issues resolved in 12 hours or so) however the software can be terribly unreliable when it comes to syncing orders from ebay to shopify which is a real pain. It results in a lot of lost time have to double check that everything is synced up and occasionally results in orders not being sent out when they should. The staff have done their best to assist but have advised me it's not something that will be fixed as it occurs for a multitude of reasons.

EDIT: Downgraded to 1 star due to the software becoming increasingly worse and costing our business money and reputation.

Skylab La

I think it's a great concept, but this app is lacking a-lot of basic functionality. I had to manually input the item description in the "deciphers". I'm only allowed to include 10 product items, not including variants before I'm being forced to pay $11 to $30 a month for tier subscription services. Products do not 100% automatically import, there is still a-lot of backlog work.

I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to use this service. Check out my store --> www.skylabshop.com

Blue Daisy

TERRIBLE. My orders are not syncing through from Ebay. I have orders pending in my eBay and my team can't see them in Shopify in order to ship them. This has happened several times and no solution. I also have inventory syncing issues all the time. Convenient when it works but right now TERRIBLE.

Auto Parts Lab

Customer service is not getting back to me but still billing me.