Kin Custom

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3.3)
Developer
3.3
Edited April 20, 2022

Right now I’m rating this pod company a 1 star, because they currently lack important features that are needed for seller success. One of those features are integrations with online market places, and sale channels. And another feature is an advanced editor that includes a repeat pattern feature and background color changer. If you are a seller/designer who is serious about success then you know that these features are must haves. And without these features you’re setting yourself up for failure. If these features are added soon then i will change my rating to a 5. But until then i will not advise any sellers who is serious about their business to join this pod company until they add these important features. With that being said, a good thing that i like about them though is that they currently have a lot of products which i like, but unfortunately there’s no way that i can design the products the way that i need to because of the limited editor. Also since they’re based in china, they’re using the china size chart, instead of the United States version. So we will have to go through the trouble of telling our customers to move up 1 size to get their correct size. That’s too much trouble, and we shouldn’t have to do that. Instead what they need to do is add an option for sellers to use a United States version of the size chart in their mockups since most of their sellers are in the United States. That would help us sellers out a lot.

Spooky folks fashion
Time spent using app: About 1 year
Kin Custom replied April 25, 2022

Hello Spooky Fashion Folks,

We are so sorry to hear you have had a poor experience with Kin Custom. Your satisfaction is our number one priority! Thank you for pointing out your concerns with our size chart, limited integration and design features. Since we understand there is always room for improvement, this is something we are currently looking into. We are in communication with our Product Development Team to find a solution to sizing. We are hoping to make updates to the Creator Suite as well. We take your feedback seriously and want Kin Custom to be the best print and drop ship supplier for businesses just like yours. We genuinely appreciate your business and concern.

September 15, 2021

At the beginning I liked this company a lot but with time I find that they are scams I get more out of it.
no customer can pay almost $ 50 in delivery costs and on the date of delivery he receives $ 25 from the delivery company. customer service, there is no yes really no customer service it's been 2 months I'm trying to understand the reason why they charge us so expensive but no one has the nerve to answer me and it's not the first time but more than 10 faith my first order was $ 1000. in this order some sizes were not correct. I contacted to explain! no one ever answers for you. in short I will report to shopify. if you want a good company for your product don't download this crappy app.

FashionKila.com
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Kin Custom replied January 26, 2022

Hello FashionKila,

We completely understand your frustrations with customs and shipping fees! The fees are based on the destination and the regulations the country being shipped to. Different countries have import procedures which is determined by its custom’s law in the destination country, not Kin Custom. These rates are adjusted as regulated by those countries we ship to internationally. Because we are a sustainable handmade to order business, we know our cost may be higher compared to others, but we are committed to our ethical approach with minimizing textile waste by producing on-demand instead of mass production. We see we were able to address your customs fee concerns in previous ticketing, and we would be happy to address your sizing concerns if you could please submit a new help ticket inside Creator Studio. We are available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST and respond within 24 hours or the next business day. We appreciate your business and apologize for any frustration we may have caused.

Edited August 14, 2021

This company shirt sizing is too small. If they went up to 7XL and had better customer service. I’d give them a 5 Star review with no hesitation. The biggest issue I have is inaccurate sizing. This company doesn’t care to adopt American sizing; making the user experience somewhat of a nightmare. Most of my sales come from Social Media as a impulse buy. If someone orders a XL and it actually fits like a Medium. That’s an instant charge back and a lost in a repeating customer. In the “Terry Crew neck pullover” I have to purchase a 2XL because the XL fits between a Large and Medium. Same this problem for the T-Shirts which only go up to 2XL. Which makes ordering samples problematic and a waste of money. Also, that excludes anyone weighing over 210 lbs a non customer. When you try to contact customer support it’s a waste of time due to the never being resolved. This company could be great if they’d only listened to the people who give them business. This company is borderline trash juice but thank goodness my designs are amazing.

Visionary Color LLC
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
Kin Custom replied July 13, 2021

Hello Visionary Color LLC,

We are so sorry to hear you have had a poor experience and want to help make it right! We do provide guidance within the product descriptions of each garment under Size and Fit suggesting to size up or down depending on the desired fit of the garment, as well as the measurements of the model and the size they are wearing. Our size charts are based on body measurements and do not necessarily conform to the standard of one country, as we are a global supplier. We strongly recommend ordering samples so you can better guide your customers based on your knowledge and experience with seeing the finished products. Please keep in mind that we also have a 100% Print Guarantee! In the event your product or your customer's product is misprinted, damaged, or defective, please contact Kin Custom AND provide reasonable proof to us of such damage or defect within fourteen (14) days of delivery. Kin Custom will promptly review your correspondence in order to determine whether such damage or defect warrants a refund. Our dedicated Customer Experience team is always happy to assist if there are any additional concerns with your merchandise. You can also find more information regarding the return policy here: https://knowledge.kincustom.com/knowledge/damaged-or-defective-returns

January 19, 2021

I wish I had paid more attention to the reviews here before I decided to work with this company. Worst customer service ever, cannot get a hold of anyone, have submitted multiple customer service requests for product quality issues with no response and no solution. While the print quality is good and the shipping seems to be timely, there are often product quality issues, including that the branding tags I pay extra for all fade after one wash and you can no longer see my logo, which is a HUGE problem. If I do not hear back from customer service within 3 days with the refunds that I requested as well as a solution to my issues, I will be pulling all of my designs and going back to my previous supplier, who, although they did not have as many products that I liked, at least offered good customer service. This is my livelihood, and I cannot work with a company that does not appreciate or respect that.

PIXIBU
Time spent using app: 8 months
Kin Custom replied January 19, 2021

Hi Pixibu-

We sincerely apologize for your frustrations and want to thank you for your quality products and printing. At Kin Custom, we strive to deliver on-demand merchandise with timely shipping that best represent your brand. We apologize that our Customer Experience Inquiries are taking longer than expected to respond. We are working diligently to correct this for valued customers like yourself.

We stand behind all the merchandise printed for you. Printed, cut and handmade with upmost high quality and accuracy, we are your trusted resource for fulfilling your customers orders. That is why we offer a 100% print guarantee. Whether your merchandise has been damaged in transit, a design flaw was produced, we are committed to providing solutions and making it right for you.

Our in-house Customer Experience team is fully equipped to process your reprint requests quickly and efficiently, so you spend less time waiting, and more time making your customers happy.

In order to best work through your inquiry, we have sent you an email directly and will promptly resolve. Again, we cannot thank you enough for your business and we will make sure that our products best represent the brand you are trying to build.

January 13, 2021

Worst customer Service. I've emailed this company multiple times about orders and fixing issues and they have yet to email back or respond even though they say they will respond with in 24 hours or next business day.

Rich Black Bear
Time spent using app: About 1 year
Kin Custom replied January 15, 2021

Hi Rich Black Bear-

Thank you for choosing Kin Custom for your print-on-demand and drop ship needs. We sincerely apologize for the delayed responses from our Customer Experience Team as our goal is to quickly answer all customer inquiries. We pride ourselves on our average 3-business day production time and depending on the shipping method delivering your quality designed merchandise to your customers quickly.

With this said, we will be reaching out immediately today via email so that we can resolve any frustrations that you may have.

Again, we cannot thank you enough for using Kin Custom as your print-on-demand and drop ship supplier.