Klaviyo: Marketing Automation

Klaviyo: Marketing Automation

by Klaviyo

Marketing software built for your growth

Catholic Productions

We luckily moved from Mailchimp months before they apparently cut ties with Shopify.

This application is certainly a step up in many regards with clean and tight integration from Shopify, enabling you to easily filter down to highly optimized people on your list and the visible layout of your automations/flows is really helpful and intuitive. Having all of that integration available in your automations/flows is simply fantastic.

Live chat is helpful too for minutely detailed questions that are not necessarily clear as to how certain definitional conditions may work.

The drawbacks I have -- 2 minor and 1 major:

MINOR:
(1) If you are sending out a campaign and you want to send it to a particular audience, you cannot create the audience in the campaign conditions itself. You have to first go create the segment (or new list) and then go back to your campaigns and assign that newly created segment as the target of your email. In mailchimp, you could just create the definition of the person who met 'x' conditions in the campaign builder itself rather than having to leave it, go create a stagnant group/segment, and then return back to the campaigns to send the campaign to that new group/segment. Would think/hope that Klaviyo would've implemented this by now (been with them for a little over a year), as that seems to be a quite helpful method of streamlining things when sending a campaign.

(2) You're limited on the # of test emails you can send. So, if you use glockapps, for example, to test if your emails are going to inboxes, you are limited to something like 100 test campaigns per day for the purposes of them limiting spam, I believe. It's prima facie understandable, but after a client has been with them for a certain amount of time and they see a reputable send rate/open rate/click rate, etc., it would be helpful to have this limit lifted so as to not handcuff the people who are actually attempting to send quality emails by testing them before sending to make sure they arrive in inboxes.

MAJOR:
We have had a LOT of people on our list email us about after clicking a link in an email, google gives them a warning that the site they're linking to might not be safe. Klaviyo adds a "trk" before the links in the URL when you click on links and seems to effectively re-direct to the actual link after it runs its tracking to provide you analytics (try it and see).

This error seems to appear primarily (if not excusively) for gmail accounts, which is a large portion of emails on our list (and will probably increase in that direction). So, it's quite problematic for us. We've inquired multiple times and there has been no reasonable solution provided. This was the primary response from Klaviyo:

"At this time, this is not something we can set-up for you but you would need to set-up a reverse proxy. That handles the SSL traffic and sends it over to us. Now you can also use a 3rd Party CDN to accomplish this, i.e. Cloudflare, Fastly, KeyCDN, Cloudfront, etc."

Regardless if you keep the global tracking feature on or off when sending campaigns or flows, this "trk" feature shows up and creates this issue. This may not be a big issue for you (though I think it would for most), but it certainly is for us and remains unaddressed with no reasonable resolution for us to pursue (and seems like something we should not have to resolve on our end -- the above response is Greek to me).

I can't believe we're the only ones experiencing this issue with our audience. Anyone else?

Otherwise, a great product.

Pax.

Best Chinese Medicines

So happy I have made the move to Klaviyo from Mailchimp! My store has grown to over $1 Million a year in revenue and Mailchimp was very limiting in its features and functionality; Klaviyo was the right choice for Best Chinese Medicines! https://bestchinesemedicines.com

VALGAMA

La verdad, me gusta mucho , es bastante intuitiva y se pueden configurar muchas opciones de email marketing :)

It's a Beautiful Life Boutique

So far so good! Signed up, sent my first campaign within 15 minutes. There's a lot to learn, but I'm encouraged that it's all do-able!

The GearBuyz Store

UPDATE: Klaviyo is completely down. Even the main site is not responding.
UNACCEPTABLE!

SO FAR UNIMPRESSED! The system has serious performance issues. All day long no statistics are being returned and the whole system to me seems like its timed out big time. I was once a paying customer and returned but things are not the way they used to be.

Also, dont expect any kind of support from these people on a FREE TRIAL account. You will be lucky if you get a reply and when you do nothing gets resolved. Instead they ignore your email until you do.

What kind of business practice is this? Either you want trail / free accounts to signup or you dont? Take your pick.

1) System issues (since i signed back up)
2) Lousy support (no resolutions)

I know i know, as stated they dont support trial / free accounts. HINT: well maybe you should, thats where your future $$$$ is coming from.

Nerd Boutique Co.

This app will def. give you more re-targeted orders! I just started using it but I can already tell it will probably give a store 15-20% more sales, easily.

Opencho

Today, this app was installed and I hope will be familiar with functionalities in couple of days, as of now I find this app easy to integrate and first campaign was super easy to compose. I liked the app and recommend it.

25 Letters

I spent over 2 hours perfecting a campaign for the Black Friday weekend, ONLY to have my email cancelled and be notified that it will take 1 business day for my account to be reviewed by the compliance team. This means, by the time my account is no longer disabled, the black friday weekend will be over. This was my very first campaign I have ever done on my shop, but I definitely won't be recommending this app to any one else.

Cheap eJuice

Really digs in to my customers stats. I highly recommend to anyone looking to strategically market to their customers.

Rickshaw Journey

Our Rickshaw Journey store (www.rickshawjourney.com) is being transformed by the send-ability of emails, wide array of templates, and tons of analytical dat and segmentation of Klaviyo - great training support, lots of folks who can help you to get going. Loving the process and trusting for great re$ult$!