Locksmith , 480 reviews

4.7

Merchants highly recommend this app for its ability to control access to specific areas of their website, making it ideal for businesses differentiating between wholesale and retail or selling digital content. It's praised for its ease of use, even for those without coding experience, and its responsive customer service. The pay-what-you-feel pricing model is appreciated, as is the app's versatility in creating membership levels and hiding specific products or collections from certain customer groups. It's known for its seamless performance and has been key in controlling access to digital content.

September 19, 2019

they offer 14 days free trial after install i shown message from app for select plan and immediately 9 dollars deducted from my card, Fraud appp never use to lost your money, still didnt get help from support team i contacted many times.

worst ever app

Eshopskart
India
June 1, 2018

SO FAR SO GOOD, WILL UPDATE AS NEEDED

Mudds Designs
3 days using the app
August 20, 2015

Although this app did not offer what we are looking for, Isaac was so great at listening and trying to see what he could do to help. Then when we come to a conclusion that this app is not suitable for our intentions, he went ahead and made several recommendations. I am beyond thrilled with his level of personalized dedication.

Look forward to more apps from you!

Amaterasu Beauty Usa
3 days using the app
March 15, 2021

Locksmith support team has been very helpful. As we do not have a VPN, they offered to check all the locks we set up to make sure everything is working properly. They also agreed to extend our free trial so we were able to finish the new site smoothly.

Welton London
Edited January 25, 2019

Useful app for when you need granular control of certain Shopify features.
Most useful feature I observed was manual locking where you can use their liquid snippets in your liquid templates to hide/display features.

Strive Direct Co
March 14, 2018

Absolutely Amazing!! I have quite a few of my own websites and ones I've created for others. I use Locksmith in all of them.

I tried a couple other apps temporarily until customer support was crap and rude. Made me go back to Locksmith with great customer support including a bonus of excellent personalities.

Mota Ab
2 days using the app
May 24, 2018

Fantastic app! Not sure what I did without it. Seems like the possibilities only end with your imagination. Thank you Isaac!

Stockholm Rose Designs
Sweden
2 days using the app
December 12, 2019

I've not actually used the app but the pricing structure is rediculous, why should customers on higher shopify plans be penalised?

TYF
Lightward replied January 14, 2020

Hey there! We could have communicated our pricing policy better at the time; thanks for letting me know how you feel about it. I've updated our listing to be clearer. For the record: our pricing is a conversation, and we start with a suggested price that's based on what you pay for Shopify. Different merchants get very different value from the product, and because that value is impossible to fully predict, we begin with that estimate. If that price doesn't work for you, we ask you to let us know what price *does* feel good for you – and we proceed from there, letting you know what works for us, until we reach a price that works for us both. You can find the whole policy at uselocksmith.com/pricing.

August 7, 2022

The app worked very well but when the trial expired, all my products got locked and were not accessible by any customers, even the products that were not locked. I had to pay a subscription fee to go back in the app and disable the locks. I was under the impression that all the locks would be disabled when the trial expired, which would be the logical next step. So I did not go into the app and disable it. After a few days, I realized all my products were locked and the app had disappeared. Cold sweat!!!! I did receive a warning email but it was not clear. The logical process would be to disable locksmith when the trial ends and let all products be visible again. They hold us hostage instead of letting us try the product and disable it when the trial is over. Not impressed by that.
No amount of: "we told you by email" will make this process better. It feels like a scam to me.

Milpali
Lightward replied August 9, 2022

Hey there! There’s no need to subscribe to Locksmith to unlock your content. Locksmith can be disabled from the settings page in the app, using the “Disable Locksmith” button.

I can definitely appreciate why finding that your products are still locked when you didn’t expect them to be would be an unpleasant surprise! For this reason we mention specifically in the emails that are automatically sent out, that a subscription doesn’t need to be started, and that customer access to your locked content will be disabled when a trial lapses. We do not hold stores hostage.

​I understand why you might expect Locksmith to automatically disable your locks. The reason we've chosen not to automatically disable all of a store's locks is because some shops may let their trials lapse before subscribing, or they may simply need to update their billing information with Shopify, causing the payment to not be processed.

​If that happens, we want to make sure the locks are still in place, since shops rely heavily on us to protect content. We're first and foremost an access control application, and so disabling locks could open up shops to showing content or selling products to folks who shouldn't have access.

Thank you for your feedback. These are important points that we want merchants to be informed about. Again, I know that situation wasn't ideal, to say the least, and I'm sorry for the confusion and issue.

We are now looking into how we can improve messaging in the app to make it clearer that a subscription isn’t needed to disable or uninstall Locksmith, and that a subscription is only required to keep using Locksmith.

All the best!

- Tristan

August 17, 2021

Trying to set up a lock to my store and the app doesn't do that. I've tried several different combinations to make it work and it doesn't. There isn't a number to call to talk to someone which means this will take hours or days to resolve, rather than a few minutes. Was told this was a good app and will continue to try and make it work.

Kitchener OutGROW OutPLAY
Lightward replied August 26, 2021

Hey there! Looking at followup emails, it does sound like you were able to create the Locksmith setup you needed – locking storefronts *is* something Locksmith does well, and it looks like you're all squared away.

To the rest of your note: thanks for letting this know how this went for you. All of our support *is* offered via email, with a turnaround time up to 24 hours, and often much less. (A note to this effect is included in the auto-response we send to all new support messages.)

This works well in most circumstances – but not all, and that's absolutely legitimate, and those stories are important too. It's our intent to be as straightforward as possible about what we do and do not offer, so that you can choose the tool that works best for what you need – whether that's Locksmith, or another tool with a different support structure.

If you do choose to keep using Locksmith, you know where to find us. :) We'll always do our best to help.

Cheers,