Printful: Print on Demand

Developer
Printful
4.6
December 6, 2022

All of our orders are taking way longer than the estimated processing time, which caused us to have several marks against our Etsy account. Orders are sitting 7-8 days when they estimate 2-5 days to process. Additionally we have lost orders stuck almost 2 weeks in pre-transit and we're just told to wait longer before offering a solution.

Whatever Market
Printful replied December 6, 2022

Hello! Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that your experience with Printful hasn't been the best so far but we certainly hope that we can improve it moving forward!

Currently, our estimated fulfillment times for apparel and non-apparel items are 2-5 business days (Monday to Friday, excluding weekends and holidays) + shipping time, depending on the destination of your order.

Please note that all the displayed dates are only estimates and not guaranteed shipping or delivery dates. While our teams do their best to fulfill all orders as quickly as possible, some might take a bit longer as well.

The current situation in the world still has greatly affected the shipping times, and while we see some improvements, some shipments can take a bit longer to be delivered as well. We're doing our best to get your orders out on time, but once they're handed over to the carriers, it's up to their sorting center capacity because carrier and postal operations are separate entities from our own. We hope that soon these shipping delays will decrease. We truly appreciate your patience during this time!

November 15, 2022

This was the WORST app I have ever used on my Shopify store! I have wasted so many hours designing items only to have the site CONSISTENTLY disconnect from my store for NO reason, delete my designs for NO reason and constantly having glitches!!! I have deleted and reconnected my account several times already and after several months of not using the app I decided to give it another try and it got WORST!!! I don't have any of these issues with my other apps! I am so disappointed because Printful have good quality items but when I say I have wasted HOURS and HOURS using this app, I mean that in the most honest way! I will NEVER use this app again, and I definitely won't recommend it!!!

Prana Soul Wellness
Time spent using app: 12 months
Printful replied November 16, 2022

Hi!
Thank you for leaving a review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. Please know that this is definitely not a common problem, so we'd like to look into it more closely.
In general, connection problems can be related to server issues, browser (clearing out cache and cookies helps), subscription plans, incorrect connection steps and so on. Please reach out to us directly at feedback@printful.com and we will do our best to help you get this sorted out. Hope to hear from you soon!

- Renate

Edited November 1, 2022

Terrible mistake to have this app - they charge you VAT and shipping prices. Imagine, you buy from them an iPhone cover for 9.50. Then you charge your customer like 12.99, hoping to have this profit. BAM - no profit at all, since they subtract your margin with their VAT and shipping prices and as someone mentioned - you just need to have like 100% profit for all you sell, otherwise you'll be in my shoes - every order IS A DAMAGE TO YOUR FINANCIAL ACCOUNT - YOU GO INTO MINUS, NOT PROFIT. Stay away from this app, you can't compete cheap Chinese crap with your print on demand solution and sky high charges. Absurd. Updating my review. Even though the prices and taxation system is from the 90's, now they started shipping goods from USA. Imagine, you want a tee for 10 euro. They charge you shipping (approx 14 euros), VAT and in the end you need to sell a tee of 10 euros for 40 euros - to have at least some small profit. Your customer, who buys this thing - will find some local POD, not you with ridiculous prices. Guys, seriously? I'm out of this game. Total bullshit to be your customer if outside the US.

Simonezzi Coffee Lounge
Lithuania
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Printful replied October 18, 2022

Hi there!

Thank you for sharing your concerns.
We extensively test all our products to ensure the best possible quality for the product and the print and our prices reflect our 24/7 support, free clipart, designs, mockups and option to edit the designs with our generator.
We are required by law to tax orders to certain destinations, however, you can also set up taxes in your store, Shopify has tutorials for that (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/taxes/registration/setup).

Please note that we advise you to set up shipping with Printful and Shopify, if done correctly, you won't lose profit on shipping. You can offer free shipping to your customers as well, but please keep in mind to add the fee to the retail price to ensure that the shipping fee is covered on Printful's end (all this information is available on our website).
For additional help on pricing your products, please see our marketing tips on our blog: https://www.printful.com/blog/marketing-tips

- Renate

September 28, 2022

Great & easy platform to create items, but pricing for that doesn't leave any gap for profits. You can't charge more, because it doesn't look good enough for that price. They always write under comments that there are no hidden fees and etc. OK but how about your profit calculation :) I buy items from Printful for 15$ and sell for 20$ so they calculate it like a 5$ profit :D A huge and complex company plays cheap tricks on calculating profit as kids in first grade. To get 5$ profit You have to sell it for 35-40 $ and after paying VAT, taxes, transaction fees and etc. You will get that 5$ profit :) If I order 10 water bottles I will pay 169.5 Eur (16.95 per bottle) and extra 44.77 Eur for shipping :) All bottles will fit in 1 small/medium box :) 6.49 first item and 4.25 Eur for every aditional item in the same box :) This is Absurdistan with this kind of calculation :)

SHMUTKE.EU
Lithuania
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Printful replied September 28, 2022

Hello!
Thank you for your detailed feedback and honest review.

We absolutely understand that product pricing is essential for you as a store owner and for your business.

While our prices might be slightly higher compared to some other fulfillment companies, we trust that, along with the services and the quality products we provide, it’s an overall good investment!
The product prices allow us to ensure and constantly improve our services, product options, offer technical and customer support, some other nice touches like branding options for your packing slips and other services. Shipping prices are based on the rates that carriers charge us. We've moved away from cheaper shipping options as they proved to be unreliable and often didn't provide the complete tracking details.

Choosing the retail pricing for your products indeed can be a bit overwhelming at the start! Our team has prepared a detailed video here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kwXAFdvKNk) to help you get started with the product pricing to ensure that you don't miss out on any profit. It's a bit of a lengthy video, but definitely worth the watch.

Thank you once again for your time and honest feedback!
If you ever have any questions - don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@printful.com or our live chat and we will be happy to help you.

September 20, 2022

There are much cheaper ways out there to print shirts. The prices are a joke, a shirt with Amazon cost me 11€ and Printful is charging 23€. Same with other print on demand websites there are much cheaper ways to print the prices are a joke. And I’ve never ever seen somebody who needed such prove of a VAT ID, I sent them my VAT number and a proof of the European Commission. My name is in the shop. The name matches the VAT information at the European Commission. The invoice is on my name so what’s the matter with it? Do you want to just annoy people?

The Sharp Knife Club
Austria
Time spent using app: 25 days
Printful replied September 21, 2022

Hello!
Thank you for your review and for sharing your honest feedback.

To ensure that the VAT and other taxes are calculated properly and charged where necessary, we require all documentation to be uploaded to your Printful dashboard. If you're experiencing any trouble doing so, please reach out to our payments team directly at compliance-support@printful.com and they will be happy to help you.