Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Blond + Noir

The idea of this app is great however it causes major issues at random times. The app support simply don't respond when it gets too hard. Save your money

KSResin

We are having an issue with this app where our customers are not being charged the additional amount of money when selecting a specific option (paid feature). It has happened AT LEAST 50 times now. At $5 an order, this is $250 this has cost us. We then have customers contacting us saying they chose this, but were not charged, and have to ship the item out costing us an additional $3 each time for shipping plus the cost of the item. I reached out to Bold and they couldn't replicate the issue, even though it has happened 50+ times, and offered no further support.

Update 4/17/2020 - After leaving this review I received a call from someone within 15 minutes. They are extremely quick to act like they will get you the help needed after leaving a bad review, but then of course never responded after this. Today around 80% of our orders that selected the $5 option did not pay for it, and this cost us over $100 IN ONE DAY.

Kristallherz

increased the price and after deleting it has crushed my homepage!!!! just because it didnt want to delete the app in my code...

Wag The Nub

The worst app, hands down, with the worst customer service ive ever experienced. What a joke. i called the customer service number and literally woke the woman from sleep at 11:28 am. She answered "hello?"
i was like "is this bold??" She didn't tell me her name, etc. and gave me the runaround for 30 min. Told me it was MY fault. unbelievable!!!! Update: after 2 weeks, im CONFIRMING that this is the worst app you'll ever pay for.

QuoteMyWall

Don't bother - completely slows down your website! Options work fine, but makes the website load a lot slower.

January 14, 2020

Hi there - we're so sorry to hear that you're finding our app is slowing down your website! Our Product Options specialist, Nick, has reached out to you as of yesterday and is confident we can get that fixed for you.

Please let us know if you're available for a phone call; we'd love to speak with you to get everything sorted.

Budgie Lou Brew Coffee & Co.

Nightmare in every sense of the word. During the height of holiday shopping the app made it impossible for our customers to check out and to add insult to injury, the customer service disappeared for days onylt o start responding once we deleted to "win(?!)" our business back. Their product video offers a 30 day free trial and 14 day elsewhere. Their CSR *offered* a free trial extension but we ended up getting charged anyway then wasting time getting Shopify involved to get our refund after several attempts. Even Shopify couldn't get a response at first and kept having to try other avenues. Their emails tend to be more excuses of why they're screwing your business because they have so many customers and there is oftentimes an English-speaking language barrier. The very worst part is although we've scoured our files to delete every trace of them after removing the app, we're still finding bits of their code popping up throughout our customer facing site. Causing us more productivity hours undoing the damage of integrating their app on our site. We moved to Infinite Options after this nightmare in mid-December and they are leagues ahead in terms of functionality, professionalism, transparency, support and price. The last time I ever give a Bold app a chance in any of my stores. Over-priced, under-supported and abjectly clueless. Use Infinite Options.

Midsummer Star

Don't recommend. Maybe the app works well, maybe not. They installed 4 seperate times and each time install broke my site, the last install meant customer could not add to cart. Will no longer do business with these cowboys.

November 5, 2019

Hi there, I just wanted to sincerely apologize for the issues you ran into with having the app properly installed on your store. It looks like things were fixed, however we understand that at that point, you were no longer interested in trying the app, and understandably so.

Should you decide you want to try Product Options out while it's working properly on your store, please let us know - our expert, Sam, has attempted to reach out to you via email and is hoping to speak with you over the phone in order to get everything resolved, should you want to try again.

HipFlaskPlus

We have been using the app for a few months with our products having engraving options and we looked today and all of our engraving options were gone. The main point for the 1 star review is that you have to select all your products one by one for the options. you cant select entire groups of products which takes way too much time. If they fix it so you can select entire groups of products I will change my review to 5 stars. for now the app is useless.

October 15, 2019

Hi there, thank you for the feedback about our app. We're so sorry to hear that you ran into issues with the engraving options showing up on your products.

I saw that one of our product experts attempted to give you a call to discuss this better on Friday, however wasn't able to reach you. I was informed that by creating a collection of products that will have the engraving option on it, you can easily assign your options to that entire collection rather than selecting all products individually.

If you're able to, please respond to our latest email from our specialist, Nick, and let us know how we can better reach you! We'd love to be able to help you get Product Options working better - and more easily - on your store.

TOPSTRING

After a year being with the app and managing lots of frustration with previous bad experience with BOLD, I'm now actually trying to come away from this app mainly due to the poor level of customer service I have experienced over the last 2 weeks when requesting a copy, paste and check process.

The service model is friendly and personable but lacks the attentiveness, knowledge and support experience for delivery success and management of customer expectations.

This is just my experience but work does not get checked, communication has to be chased and most important in service support, customer expectations are not managed and customer success management is very poor.

I appreciate everything that has been attempted to deliver service but at the premium I am paying for their product, the service level is poor. I am now seeking an alternative product with a stronger support model.

In my opinion, a stronger focus on service delivery would help BOLD rather than a strong focus on being nice and passing the ball around. The very nice part should always be there but the customers needs professionally should come first followed by the nice engagement. I will be removing the app once i have found a more suitable vendor.

I hope my review helps Bold aspire to be the service delivery vendor they consistently aim to be.

September 13, 2019

Hello there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback; it really helps us evaluate what we are doing and where we need to improve, and completely understand where your frustration lies.

We certainly aim to do the best we can in providing consistent communication with our merchants, especially when their theme is being worked on. Unfortunately, sometimes the ball is dropped and we absolutely take full responsibility for it.

We're very sorry that the installation of Product Options onto your new theme didn't go as smoothly as hoped - we very much wanted to rectify the situation and ensured that the placement of the options was correct after it was pointed out that it was done improperly.

We understand that you need to do what's best for your business, even if that means finding a different app. Should you decide to continue using our app, we'd be more than happy to work with you. However, as mentioned, we understand you need to do what's best for your business, and we wish you all the best if you decide to use another solution.

Wearabelle

Very bad app. Full of bugs, complicated to operate, not working properly.
If you want to add one simple field to several products, it will do the job. But if you need a little more sophisticated options than that, the mess starts.
Highly not recommended