Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Studio Verticale

If you are considering investing your time and resources in Bold Product Options, READ THIS FIRST: BEWARE THAT ONCE YOUR SHOPIFY STORE REACHES A POINT OF 1000 PRODUCTS, BOLD OPTIONS STOP WORKING! I have a live store that relies on Bold Product Options for all our product options and we continuously create new products and new options. Suddenly, we discover that new options are not displaying for our new products. Despite looking perfectly fine in Bold app, they are not displaying in the store! Naturally, we reached out to Bold Support and this is the explanation we received: "Unfortunately at the moment our app is limited to support roughly 1000 products and variants combined. This limitation isn't related to the number of products that you are using our app on, but rather a limitation of the total number of products your store contains. Usually when a store has more than 1000 products, it results in some unpredictable issues with assigning products to option sets." Wait, what? Why no one told me that when I was signing up? And why is this clearly well known fact within Bold Commerce is not disclosed at the time of the purchase? So much for "endless product options to your store" they profess on their website! And are they working to resolve the issue? Here is directly from Bold Support again: “I already passed this suggestion along to our developers to look at increasing this in a future update to the application. However, I don't currently know when/if this will be integrated into the app. I wish I had a better answer for you right now, but this is currently all the information I have at my disposal." Another support person wrote to me that he added my company to the list of companies affected by the limitation, thus confirming that this is a known issue, they are just sitting on it for now, waiting for it to reach a critical mass, I suppose.
Needless to say we are deeply (and negatively!) affected by this previously undisclosed limitation. But for someone who is evaluating the app now thinking it could be it, my recommendation is this: If you know that your store will have more than 1000 products in it, Bold Product Options IS NOT YOUR APP! Unless you are diligently adding products to your store to downsize (not sure how that works), which was the recommendation we received from Bold Support. This is not the company to grow with. They cannot support your growth!

March 22, 2021

Thank you for your review. Our sincere apologies for the impact that this has made on your experience and the affect it has created. Please know that we really appreciate the feedback and we are constantly working on our app development.

BlackBox Cages & Rack Systems

If I could give zero starts I would. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE SUPPORT - I contacted them 5 times for this issue and had 1 reply asking for access to my store and they STILL have not even attempted to login to resolve this issue. This app does not calculate product add on cost properly. It says its going to charge the customer then upon checkout, the customer is not charged. I found a MUCH better app DYNAMIC PRODUCT OPTIONS and the support is wonderful.

March 11, 2021

Thank you for your review. We terribly sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. When customer service falls shorts of customer expectation we take this very seriously. We really appreciate the feedback as it helps us improve our services.

iLoveDanceShoes

We are very disappointed by their customers service and technique supports. We just encountered some major issues a few days ago. We realize that all the customized products have not charged customization fee in the pass three weeks. We are losing money, as we can not go back to each client and ask them to pay the customization they were supposed to pay. After reported this serious issue, we just got an automatically response and did not receive any response regarding this major issue. Their customer service is very slow and hard to reach. Even though we sent a few emails and emphasized the damage this issue caused. It seems that they did not care about whether their client is losing money or not. We hope that they can improve their app and their service.

March 2, 2021

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We completely understand the importance and urgency in resolving this matter. Our experts are working on resolving this for you, thank you so much for your patience.

eSunsations

Worst Customer Service. Will leave you hanging halfway and won't even solve your issue. Charge huge sums of money for an underperforming app. Can completely kill your shop with their incompetence.

ashabashirianmoen

The app does not work on my store, nothing is displayed on my product page after adding upload image option & short text option

December 10, 2020

Thank you for your honest feedback - we are sorry to hear about the technical issues you are having and would like a second chance to get you set up for success! We have confirmed that one of our experts has reached out via your ticket email, please keep an eye out and we are standing by to help!

LilliPhant

UPDATE: after got great costumer support from Alina, i got the worse costumer support by your manager Robb, if i could give 0 stars and not 1 that could be better.
worse costumer support ever. Last review: The app work amazing! and Alina from costumer service just perfect! she helped me with eveything i asked on LIVE CHAT so fast! thank you 5/5
helped me raise AOV and CR

October 28, 2020

Thank you so much for the review. Your feedback is so important to us! We are constantly striving to provide the ideal experience for our customers, and your input helps us to define that experience. We are so happy to hear that Alina was able to provide you with great support, and that your have seen your conversion rate and average order value increase!

Paislee's Closet

Trying to use this app and we are on a paid plan but the support is horrible so far. Nobody responds to our email at all. We need help getting this setup or we will be removing it. Please answer our emails and we have some questions after that as well...

October 26, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, a specialist has reached out to you via email. We hope to help you with your questions and assist you with getting set up!

Dandelion

The support from this app is extremely poor. We have been facing issues with the app and have raised the issue multiple times but did not receive any response from them. Meanwhile the app doesnt work the way it should and causing a loss on every order as the customisation charge is not getting added to the orders.

October 21, 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us to improve our service. When our level of support falls short of our client's expectations, we take it very seriously. We apologize for the issues that you have been experiencing with your priced options. Our Product Options experts have reached out through phone and email to have the issue resolved as soon as possible.

Blue Box

Really terrible support. You constantly have to be proactive in pushing for a response from Bold.

We had Bold integrate its service with our store and once complete, around a week later, the Bold Options looked unprofessional (did not map with the Shopify options) and no Support from Bold. The Bold options would add duplicates of the option to the cart and then when the customer tried to edit the quantity, the whole item would delete. We had to refund customer's orders due to the faulty Bold options.

I would recommend another service to get around the Shopify 100 variant limit.

Better Products for Disabled

We have been using this app for a quite while. It had problems some time to time but my overall experience was like 4 star until they have gone greedy last month i lost £250 from only one sale because i havent noticed i lost my premium privileges. The product options werent adding up to the cart and lost £250 because i wasnt informed the price gone up from $19 to $49 to have the same options which i used to have. So the options already i was using wasnt functional to add up to the cart. As a result, i have decided to uninstall it and found a better app with a plus which Bold has never had... Sorry guys you should have let me know ...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10