Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

B&Co Jewelry

The app does not integrate well with other bold apps. After 5 months of using this solo, i decided to install bold upsell. The drop down options for the app doesnt show.

I contacted support asking them to fix it. Support was hesitant to have it fixed and was telling me to use a theme that didnt have bold upsell with it.

I guess i just had to remove upsell.

April 24, 2019

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that there were issues integrating Product Options and Product Upsell together.

We've attempted to reach out to you via email, but we would be more than happy to discuss the issues you have been facing further over the phone if you'd like! Just let us know if there's a time that works for you so that we can get this taken care of for you.

Rattan Imports

I've paid and upgraded to premium, however, my options remain at the basic level and I cannot set up swatches. Very frustrating...

March 26, 2019

Hi there, thank you for the review. I wanted to apologize that you ran into some issues regarding the switch from Basic to Premium, however I am happy to see that our support team was able to assist you and get that working!

SnapFox

This app did a nice job of adding options but it has slowed down my site loading considerably. When I run a Google Page Speed test, this is the biggest culprit as far as slowing my page down.

Page speed is one of the biggest factors in getting to the top of Google search rankings so this is an issue.

Soul Ceramics

Does the job - but it's SUPER half-baked. You'll get what you want out of it, but you'll be pulling teeth to do so; and then once you set things up - it's interface is god awful and you'll be confused on what you set up in the first place!

But alas - It works well enough, and it's the only option. God damnit.

Dorm Outlet Store

REVIEW UPDATE: Lesson Learned. Duplicate Your Theme Before Installing An App in case there are problems. Anyone's app.
It was after hours and I had sent BOLD an email requesting help. A bit later I left the original review. I got an email shortly after leaving the review. They went in and uninstalled the app properly first thing the next morning and were very nice and helpful.
I ended up getting a different theme to do what I wanted. This app may do everything you want it to do but it didn't work for me. I think the fact that an automatic install is in BETA and a manual/supported install may take 2-3 days should be noted somewhere before you install the app. Perhaps I missed it and it is buried somewhere in the product description.

(original edited on 11/6/18) I installed because I wanted buttons instead of drop down menu for my product pages. After installing I find out Auto install is Beta and the other install can take 2-3 days. I did auto and changed the product selector to buttons. It did not work. I uninstalled the app and my site broke. My product pages filled with code on the live site. When I contacted Shopify for help this is a known issue that comes with uninstalling their app. In the end that is my fault because I failed to duplicate my theme before installing something new. Lesson learned. This may work for you but it didn't work for me and perhaps I did not give it enough time.

Retro Active Arcade

Be warned, this app promises to be all that. You really require an additional $500-$700 of capital available to spend with the 3rd party developer to make this app truly shine. The folks at Bold say they know how to tweak it but everything costs money with them.

Wholesome Bakery

This app is so frustrating. We've had nothing but issues. I would not recommend this.

Shopwavesglasses

App resets often when trying to add selection options. After saving, options come out of order miscellaneously. Items can't save with a "duplicate" error message even when there is no duplicate. No bulk options import option.

Quality Breeds

Want to like this app, but for the money, there is simply no way. For this kind of money, images and pricing should be dynamic and change as users changes them - at the very least. Very glitchy, doesn't save settings as expected. Waste of money!
And, no full uninstall... Horrible! At least give the option to remove ALL of your code snippets and liquid files.

Thepionears

UPDATE____

For one more time i send an email and they dont reach back to me. I have issues and i cant work with them if they dont have good support.

I think it's a good app. I had tried a couple of other Options apps but this is the only one that has the flexibility that I need. The only issue is the support i think, because i send them an email to install for me and they did not reach back to me directly, as other apps do.

Previous 1 3