Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Happily Rustic

I used this app for over a year, worked most of the time and I was happy with it. But then I changed themes and it stopped working and the support was the slowest I have ever encountered. So I uninstalled it and tried another. It didn't work as well as Bold so after a month or so, I installed Bold again, the app wouldn't install at all and 6 days later, after raising a ticket, I had not heard a thing from Bold. 6 DAYS. And I was paying for this service? Awful. So I've deleted it and I won't use it again.

Floritto

You can not add logic. I Tried to follow up their tutorials and no success. It does not work at all.

Paul Jarrel

The app does more or less what it should expect that express checkout can't be used at the same time otherwise the extra cost from the option selected by the customers if not added to the bill which is deeply annoying as you have to call customers one by one all the time to process the payment.

The worst part, once i cancelled my plan with them, they have charged me until the 14.04.20 when my plan was cancelled almost a month before.

I believe that this strategy times the number of people using their apps make them a nice millions dollars on our back at the end of the year for free.

Compact Camping Concepts

UPDATE: Too good to be true. The app isn't working as advertised. What I wrote before is still true about installation, but now its been amended. The formatting on the options are not editable, the options are showing up, but not all of them, and the conditional logic isn't showing up.

friendly flower

Really bad support. Waited over a week only to have them tell me they couldn't make the app look good on mobile on my store. Now they are telling me to pay someone else to fix it. Not worth it.

woot & hammy

I normally really LOVE Bold Apps and I think they're a good company, but this app definitely has some issues that they can't seem to fix for me. In particular, the app seems to randomly apply the options to some products and not others, giving me and my customers a very inconsistent experience. When I try to contact Bold, they are "kind of" helpful, but the thing is, I get passed from one rep to another and often have to explain the problem over and over again. I also feel that the reps do not read my messages carefully, because sometimes they make suggestions for things that I've already tried doing, which makes me feel like I'm wasting my time. I'm STILL trying to get it to work properly, after having it for over a month and paying for the $20 subscription. It's been a frustrating experience, but I'm hoping that Bold will try to improve this product, because so far, I don't feel like it's "there" yet.

July 4, 2019

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave us a review; we're always happy to hear when support is able to solve any issues and answer any questions our merchants have!

We can't wait to you use Product Options on your store to offer engraving and chain length customizations for your necklaces - by the way, I really love your animal jewelry and the Celtic designs!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. :-)

B&Co Jewelry

The app does not integrate well with other bold apps. After 5 months of using this solo, i decided to install bold upsell. The drop down options for the app doesnt show.

I contacted support asking them to fix it. Support was hesitant to have it fixed and was telling me to use a theme that didnt have bold upsell with it.

I guess i just had to remove upsell.

April 24, 2019

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that there were issues integrating Product Options and Product Upsell together.

We've attempted to reach out to you via email, but we would be more than happy to discuss the issues you have been facing further over the phone if you'd like! Just let us know if there's a time that works for you so that we can get this taken care of for you.

Rattan Imports

I've paid and upgraded to premium, however, my options remain at the basic level and I cannot set up swatches. Very frustrating...

March 26, 2019

Hi there, thank you for the review. I wanted to apologize that you ran into some issues regarding the switch from Basic to Premium, however I am happy to see that our support team was able to assist you and get that working!

SnapFox

This app did a nice job of adding options but it has slowed down my site loading considerably. When I run a Google Page Speed test, this is the biggest culprit as far as slowing my page down.

Page speed is one of the biggest factors in getting to the top of Google search rankings so this is an issue.

Soul Ceramics

Does the job - but it's SUPER half-baked. You'll get what you want out of it, but you'll be pulling teeth to do so; and then once you set things up - it's interface is god awful and you'll be confused on what you set up in the first place!

But alas - It works well enough, and it's the only option. God damnit.

Previous 1 3