Bold Upsell ‑ Upsell Smarter

Bold Upsell ‑ Upsell Smarter

by BOLD

Upsell and Cross-sell with Smart Funnels

Coffee Hound

We have always had excellent customer service from Bold's live chat feature! They are very quick and helpful. Katie was able to solve my last conundrum involving multiple offers showing the same page with ease, which was much appreciated!

December 14, 2019

Hello there! We're glad to hear that you've been able to take advantage of our live chat service on multiple occasions now. It's definitely a great way to get quick answers to more general questions!

We appreciate the review, thank you! Please let us know if we can help with anything else in the future. Until then, take care!

PetShopity

The app is awesome and offers superior support. I just had an issue with a Pinterest tracking integration and Dylan was on it along with installer, Jonathon. Highly recommend these peeps and their apps!

December 14, 2019

Hi there! Thank you so much for the review. We aim to offer world-class service and we're glad you thought so! That's fantastic to hear that Dylan and Jonnathan were able to get everything working for you with the Pinterest tracking.

We appreciate the recommendation! We hope you don't run into any future issues, but if you do, you know where to find us. :-)

Professionalism1

This shit doesn't let me cancel my subscription. Something like this never happened to me before. It says that my next charge is in 2 days, but it doesn't let me cancel it. It's unreal and very stupid.

December 9, 2019

Hi there! One of our app specialists, Tim, has reached out to you already, but I just wanted to let you know that in order to avoid being charged after the trial, you just need to delete our app from your Apps section within Shopify's admin!

We hope that helps. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else.

Foot Cardigan

Support / live chat is great and very responsive. Laurel was very helpful in helping troubleshoot as we launched a re-design.

December 5, 2019

Hello there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review; we're glad to hear that you had a great experience with our live chat, and our support team. That's certainly what we strive for!

Please let us know if we can help with anything else; we'd be glad to assist with anything we can.

HMB, Inc.

TL;DR; If you plan to ever make updates to your products, this app will break and you'll have to start from scratch.

I've only had the app for about a month and twice in this time period, my product upsells have randomly stopped working. I've had to reach out to support twice now and I feel like I have to constantly police the app to make sure it works. In many cases, I've made no updates to the products, but been accused of doing so (including in the response to this review). and told that's why the app has broken.

Quite frankly though, even if I made changes to product descriptions or pricing, that's not a good reason for the app to break.

This means that the app is not dynamic, which is super surprising to me. What if someone needs to mass update pricing? Shopify allows users to mass update products via CSVs for a reason - because it's required by many of their users. A premium paid app should support this functionality. There is a reason Shopify set it up so that the handle is treated as a unique identifier... so that users can make updates to products without things breaking.

Also, if you have a lot of unique upsells (we have 50+), it's super time consuming to set up the upsells. You have to collapse and uncollapse fields to set up triggers, and the search function for filtering is very unreliable. Lots of unnecessary UI design on the backend that slows things down for the user.

All-in-all there is much work to be done on this product. I'm not sure how it has such good ratings?

If you're only planning to use this product for 10 or fewer products, it's probably ok though.

December 5, 2019

Hello there, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your experiences with the app. I'm very sorry you have been experiencing some troubles with our Upsell app - I want to assure you that having to constantly watch the app is not something you should need to do.

Because each offer is unique, it unfortunately does take a bit of time to set them up. However, there is an option to duplicate your offers! That way, if you're making similar offers, you can easily duplicate & adjust the conditions so that it saves a bit of time.

Regarding the offers not working, that shouldn't be the case unless any changes have been made to the offer product since creating the offer, or it's out of stock. As well as if your plan's view limit has been reached.

I hope this clears things up! Please don't hesitate to respond to our most recent email, and we'd be glad to discuss things further with you if you'd like.

He Loves Me Baby

Excellent app and have a beautiful and simple design. Thanks a lot guys you did a great job, God bless you!

December 4, 2019

Hello there! Thank you so much for the kind words and the wonderful review. We really appreciate it, and we're so glad to hear that our support team was able to help you out with everything you needed.

Take care! Please let us know if we can help you with anything else. :-)

PodsBay Australia

Installed and immediately uninstalled. Its marketed as a useful app but the component I was interested in was "Post Purchase" upsells. I install and then the app tells me "If you want to upsell after checkout you need Bold Cashier installed" which is a 3rd party checkout.

Bold I think once used to be good but now they are simply dying under the weight of their own bloatware and the fact their 3rd party checkout no longer has much of a role as SHopify now has multicurrency.

For real Bold get your act together. Every app of yours I've looked into has been pretty deceptive to be honest and your UI/UX is attrocious and needs a massive overhaul.

Having said all that I gsave 3 stars because I'm sure the app can upsell people but give it rest trying to say it can do "post purchase" when no it cant "without Bold Cashier"

yet somehow ReConvert can do a Post Purchase Upsell. So think I'm going with him like everybody else does because whilst he is expensive at least he's upfront about what his app does or doesn't do.

December 2, 2019

Hi there - I just wanted to apologize that the app didn't meet your expectations with regards to offering post-purchase upsells. I wanted to double check our Shopify app store listing to ensure we weren't hiding any information, and it looks like our description outlines that in order to use the Upsell After Checkout feature, Bold Cashier needs to be installed as it is an integration, which we do not have with Shopify's checkout.

We're glad to hear that you've found another app that will better suit your business' needs! Should you decide you want to give Bold Upsell another shot, don't hesitate to let us know, and we'll do what we can to help you with anything you need.

We wish you the best of luck in the future, as we understand you need to do what's best for your business. Take care.

Kitty Kastle

I've just started using the app and it seems very worthwhile so far. On top of that, the support staff is extremely polite and helpful, which makes me more confident about using it more in the future!
PS You are in good hands when you have Jennifer as your customer support :)

December 2, 2019

Hello there! Thank you very much for the kind words; we're so glad to hear that our support team (and Jennifer) were able to provide you with the amazing support we always aim to offer.

We look forward to seeing your continued success! :-) Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else.

ExultPlanet

I just created my first upsell offer with the help of Scotty. Amazing customer support. Looking forward to seeing if the APP will help with conversions

November 29, 2019

Hello there! We're so glad to hear you got your first upsell up and running; our team is always ready to help if you need, so thank you for reaching out to us!

We love hearing that our support was great; we're confident you'll see increased conversions and order values with the offer you've set up.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else!

The Lake

Jay and Scotty were very helpful at updating the Custom HTML/css with me and made sure I was satisfied with how everything looked. Thank you Jay and Scotty!

November 29, 2019

Hello! Thanks so much for the review; we're glad to hear that Jay and Scott were able to get some updates done to your custom coding and got it to look just how you wanted.

We appreciate the kind words! Please let us know if we can help with anything else, and best of luck this Black Friday weekend!