Seguno: Email Marketing

Seguno: Email Marketing

by Seguno

Email marketing in less time — NEW email templates available!

The Regal Phoenix

I have 42 people who have signed up on my mailing list but Seguno will only email 9, back to MailChimp I go

June 18, 2019

Thank you for trying Seguno. Our Spam Protect feature is there to help remove invalid and spambot emails that will damage your deliverability. I understand it can be shocking if a large number gets cleaned but spambots are an unfortunate reality. I'm happy to discuss this further if you'd like to reach out.

We do tag every customer in Shopify that gets cleaned so if you’d like to resubscribe them to use with a different app then you certainly can. We’re also happy to help do that for you if you contact our support team.

Lastly, since we want to help you be successful regardless, we'd be happy to offer you a very long free trial of our other app, Mailchimp Connect, to handle the integration between Shopify and Mailchimp. Just reach out to support and we'll hook you up. Thanks again for trying Seguno, we wish you all the best.

Wewatchit

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this and still learning. Just installed the Seguno and it does exactly what I want it to do. As a new comer I do don't know what waiting roumf the corner. I hope it does the job. All we need is a customers, customers and customers. Show me the money... Haha

July 15, 2019

We'll have our fingers crossed for you on making some money! :) Thanks for the review.

PRIM8 FITNESS

Very easy to use and build out the templates. Also migrating my subscribers from mailchimp was seamless

July 15, 2019

We're glad that this made moving over really simple! Thanks for the review.

The Salad Table

This is exactly what i have been looking for. Fully integrated with Shopify makes it so much easier to use and understand my email campaigns. The automation options are simple yet perfect for what i need.

July 15, 2019

Excellent to hear that the simplicity works for you! Take care and thanks for the review.

Mint & Vault

i would have given this 5 stars for sure! The concept is simple and great to have everything within Shopify. The UI is very simple and similar to Shopifys own. However i'm seeing that their "Spam Protect" feature is extremely aggressive, cutting my subscriber list down more than 85%!!!!!
I started cross-checking some of the emails marked under the "Spam" with a web based email validator and they came back "OK". 85% is way too high, I think this Spam filter needs to have the option to be turned off until they are able to refine their filtering method better. I'm hard pressed to keep this great app because of this! Considering uninstalling it until i can find a workaround, what a shame because I really like it. I had my hopes very high until I discovered this. I reached out to the company I hope they have a workaround. I'm eager to give this app an updated 5 star review!

June 18, 2019

We've spoken separately and I hope you're doing well. Please reach back out if you'd like to chat more but I thought I'd add my reply here to share some knowledge.
---
We really appreciate you trying our app and the kind words in your review. I completely understand where you're coming from, it can be shocking if a large percentage of your list gets cleaned. Please allow me to explain a bit more. Someone who subscribes themselves is likely to unsubscribe if they decide they no longer want your emails, you're right. The big problem here, however, are legitimate emails that get subscribed by spambots. When those people receive an email they didn't sign up for, they simply mark it as spam and that can ruin your sender reputation. A bad reputation with inbox providers means more emails go to the spam folder, which means less people see it and less revenue is generated. And the acceptable threshold for spam complaints is 1 per 1,000 emails sent so even getting 1 at your size starts you down a bad path.

There's more detail in our help article if you haven't seen it: What is Spam Protect? We didn't build Spam Protect initially, we built it in response to the crazy amount of spam complaints we saw being generated by smaller shops like yourself that were not doing anything wrong. We built it to defend against spambots. I'm not saying it's perfect and never wrong but we address those rare cases with customers directly as we continue to evolve the system. I know you mentioned using some online tests to check if they were OK but, unfortunately, those services are not helpful in this scenario for a number of reasons. First, any free email (like Gmail, Yahoo, etc) will always return OK because these services are primarily just checking if a mailbox exists there and the free inbox providers always say yes no matter what. Plus, as I mentioned, spambots use legitimate emails and one of the main reasons spambots exist is to hide other bad behavior. For example, someone may be trying to get into your bank account and they want to hide the email alert your bank sends about suspicious behavior amongst thousands of unsolicited emails that flood your inbox. Out of curiosity, which online service did you try? Most are more geared toward reducing bounces, not spam. Cleantalk.org is a better one to check for spam/compromised emails but no service is 100% accurate.

If you have any specific emails you want us to look into further, we certainly can. And if you have a specific email of someone you know personally or they reached out asking about not getting your emails then we can mark them as safe for your account. If you want to keep using Seguno though, and we really hope you do, then keeping Spam Protect active is required. If you decide Seguno is not for you then you can always export a CSV of those that were cleaned if you decide to resubscribe them in whatever app you migrate to or we're happy to resubscribe them for you too.

Phew, that was a lot of text so thanks for reading if you made it this far. And I can keep talking about this topic if you'd like to discuss it further, just let me know. We really try to help merchants be better senders without having to worry about all the complexities that go into that. I'm thrilled you like the experience and I really hope you choose to stick with us.

Thanks again,
Chris

Whimsicals Paperie

We did the big switch after MailChimp announced they were no longer going to be integrating with Shopify. As bummed out as I initially was at the hours of work ahead of me in changing platforms, I am SO glad we did! The importing was easy and quick, designing our e-blasts is so much more intuitive than MailChimp was, and in my opinion, look even better. Plus everything is within Shopify, which I love. I've only sent out our initial e-blast, but so far I am thrilled with the experience.

Edited to add: One hiccup I've run into is not having the ability to send campaigns to just one or two people chosen from my customers. That would be a really helpful addition. You can email groups of chosen people based on tags and groups created out of tags, but I would love the ability to also be able to choose people just by searching for their name rather than a tag or group.

Negotiation Planner

Unique codes is exactly what I was looking for. I like the layout and the flow they have, it's a bit complicated to set up at first, but once you get through the whole process it's pretty good to go. As long as you have enough automation to do and are seeing a good number of customers/users, I think this can be helpful. Will update review after a month or so of use!

All Things Layla

I started using this app recently and I love it! I find it so easy to use, i love how appealing the emails are to our customer as the templates are very clean and fresh looking! I love how easily it connects to my shopify store, this email marekting app has literally been a life saver for me!

Luminous Being Yoga Clothing

excellent app easy to use than most others increased sales over the weekend super happy much appreciated!!!!!

Rainbow Novelties

So far, so good! Installation, setup and automation's a breeze! The built-in templates made it easier for us to create marketing and follow-up emails for new and current subscribers.