Seguno: Email Marketing

Seguno: Email Marketing

by Seguno

Email marketing in less time — right inside your shop's Admin

Tabii Just

Seguno is sloppy and not user-friendly. I've been trying to switch from Mailchimp to Seguno for the past few hours, even got on the phone with Shopify and they can't even help me figure out the simplest of requests. One of the things I loved about Mailchimp and Shopify is how easy it is to use for us non-experts. Seguno has none of that. And Seguno has no live chat or phone support so the best I could do is send an email. Firstly, they have one long 15 min video with instructions as opposed to a few topic-related help videos so users can choose which one to watch to get the help they need. This means I had to try to skip through the video to get the info I needed and still didn't get it. Secondly, their backend is sloppy and not clear. I'm still trying to find the place to add an option for joining my newsletter to my home page. Hours later, I still can't find it. I found a newsletter page but no way to link it to my website. One of the things I love about Shopify is how quickly one can change and build things. No more with Seguno. I'm giving it a day for Seguno to help or I would need to try another provider.

August 6, 2019

Hi there. I had tried contacting you directly a handful of times immediately after this and the weeks following but never heard from you. I am very sorry you had a bad experience. Thanks for sticking with us though, it's great you're still using us for certain things and I hope your experience has turned around some. If you're interested in hands-on help to take advantage of more of what Seguno has to offer, I'm happy to schedule a call to walk through everything with you. Thanks again.

Rottweilers Shop

A perfect email marketing tool. It took me 3 seconds to create a newsletter. I don't write reviews very often, but I had to this time.

HydroCreations

We added this to take place of Mailchimp. We have been very impressed with the ease of use all around. As with any app like this, it does take a little bit to get everything setup and designed to match your store design and look, but that is expected.
Overall the app does do very well in achieving our email marketing needs, but it is missing some much needed features which is the reason for only 4 stars.
- Segmented customer lists help to better target your customers based on certain criteria which this lacks. There is no way to send emails to lapsed customers in groups based on their spending habits and such.
- Reporting does show some basic info to give you a good understanding of how the email did, but again is missing features. For example: On abandoned cart emails, there is not way to see who it has been sent to or what customers are in queue for this to be sent to next. Also would be nice to send abandoned cart emails in a series of 3 over a time frame. As a business owner, we need to know where are marketing is making it and who is unsubscribing as well.
- There is no way to target customers for emails that have spent "X" over the past "Y" months. This is a feature that again is due to lack of segmented lists.
There are a few other features that would be great to have in this app. However, it as great having this built in to the backend of the store and needing to go to another site to make or check on your marketing.
Overall, I do recommend this app as a great alternative to Mailchimp or other email marketing apps on the market and we look forward to seeing what is added in the future.

April 20, 2019

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We really appreciate your recommendation and I'm glad you're enjoying the experience of staying within Shopify for everything... Here are a few notes that may be helpful:

- Segmentation: Currently, you can create customer groups within Shopify that are based on things like tags, time since last order, money spent, number of orders, etc. Then, you can target (or exclude) that customer group for your Seguno newsletters... As for the "spent X in last Y months" you could get close and say "spent X and ordered in last Y time period"... Also, an app called Smart Tags can allow you to do more complex segmentation and automatically tag people so they get added to your tag-based Shopify customer groups.
- Reporting: You can see currently abandoned checkouts within Shopify but not all will be reachable. We will be adding the ability to see who performed which actions (delivered, opened, unsubscribed, etc.) soon, it's a top request.
- Automation: Sending multiple emails is one of the most important features on our near-term roadmap so stay tuned.

Please reach out if you need any help with the above or otherwise. There is an exciting roadmap ahead of us and we're thrilled to have you along for the ride. Thanks again :)

Mycoolgearshop

It was easy to set up and easy to use - I made sales with the very first email I sent out. All I had to do was send it!

Meșteșugărețul

Great app and awesome support/staff! Totally recommend it!
The app is easy to use and the support team will help you reduce some extra work (sync old email list, etc)

yosmary

This is a great email marketing software,The mail won't go into the junk mail box,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little BaeBae Boutique

This is exactly what I have been looking for! If you know how to use Shopify it is so quick and easy. I definitely recommend!

Angel Being

I'm just happy to have an integrative platform to connect to my MailChimp. I don't have the time to change mail service and learn to navigate another interface.

Live Stress Free Right Now

I had an issue with integrating the app into my theme. Marc and Chris got on it right away and resolved this issue. Love this app and the way it integrates with Shopify and love the customer support. Wish I could give more than 5 stars.

Welcome to My Place

I was worried when I first migrated from Mailchimp to Seguno because all the mail apps that I have tried over the years (including Mailchimp) were so hard to use, but Seguno is such an innovative idea, same set-up as Shopify which I have spent many hours learning. It was so easy to do the migration and then set up my first newsletter, so easy. And when that newsletter arrived in my email inbox I was amazed. It looked so professional and well done. I look forward now to get my next email going. I recommend Segunoto anyone who is just starting out and beyond. I hope I can grow my business now and grow with Seguno. I love it!!

April 15, 2019

Thank you for your review, this really put a big smile on our faces! We are so happy you are enjoying your experience with Seguno and are excited to try more email marketing than before to help grow your business. Please let us know if you ever need anything, we're happy to help. Welcome to Seguno! :)