Shopify Email

Email marketing made for commerce

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Seattle Yarn

No useful analytics make this a pretty bad system. No way to see who is opening, clicking, bouncing, or unsubscribing. No way to see who got email and who didn't if there is a problem. No way to clean up my lists. No way to improve engagement when I can't actually see which customers are engaging and which ones aren't. It feels bad on purpose - like Shopify wants us to take our business elsewhere because they don't want to be bothered with this. If that's not the case, please fix it asap.

October 11, 2021

I'm sorry to hear that the inability to track the metrics you've cited has made using the Shopify Email app a negative experience for you, and can appreciate why this lack of transparency is frustrating. I know that many merchants using Shopify Email have asked for this and this is something I hope we will develop in future to make things easier for our merchants in terms of driving successful marketing campaigns. I will be sure to submit your feedback to our development team and thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your experience with us here via your review. -Victor, Shopify Support

Quorum Coffee

The app cannot be installed from the app store. I tried all browsers and cache clearing methodologies and still no luck. Message to dev team--please fix this ASAP!

August 17, 2021

I am sorry to hear that you have had difficulties installing the Shopify Email app and thank you for notifying us of this issue here in your review. If you have tried doing this across multiple browsers and devices and have not been able to install the app, I would recommend contacting our support team directly for further assistance: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA.

They will be able to authenticate you on the store and provide more troubleshooting steps to help you get the app installed. Thanks again for getting in touch. -Victor, Shopify Support

Thrupack™

Time spent using app About 1 month

It's like they haven't even beta-tested it yet. I have constant problems every time I try to do anything, can't send to more than 40k at one time, campaigns getting stopped for no reason, no automation sequences. . . etc. It's like it was set up by people that have never used an email service. It will be good one day, but today is definitely not that day.

August 10, 2021

Thank you for writing your review and for sharing your experience using Shopify Email here. I can appreciate your frustration with some of the current limitations of the app and will be sure to pass your comments onto our development team who will continue to build and develop Shopify Email over time.

If you're still interested in using Shopify Email but are experiencing bugs, please contact our support team directly as this may be something we can help with. Our team can be contacted 24/7 through our Help Center: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor

The midas star

Location India

Hi I can't setup an automated newsletter using this app.
Please help me to set it up. It only shows the option to send or schedule.
But we want to send an email as soon as anyone subscribes to our newsletter automatically but that's not available.

June 26, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for reaching out. We have a step-by-step guide that can help with setting up Shopify Email (https://bit.ly/3A4tfb2) and automations (https://bit.ly/3x0T3mK). However, if you need further support, our Support team would be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/3gqKnPt) and log in to your account to start a support request. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

TU beauty store

Location Colombia
Time spent using app About 1 year

We are small businesses, You Big. We pay you monthly usd $ 79 and usd $ 200-500, per transactions (done by computer and bots). Could It be an plus for your costumers? Big companies are bigger when they add worth to their clients.

June 10, 2021

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time and sharing this feedback with us. We can appreciate your interest and support for Shopify Email, and we'd be happy to pass your suggestion along to our developers. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

Madame Orgasme

Location France

Do not work with ICloud, mails do no get sent to customers. I contacted shopify for that but no answer ...

April 21, 2021

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Shopify Email app with us. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can see if I can help you any further with getting the app set up and working for your store.

Claire l Shopify

Fat Chimp

Ive migrated 2 websites from Mailchimp since shopify and mailchimp fell out of bed, and to be fair i'm disappointed and will be looking at alternatives. My monthly marketing bill for emails has doubled compared to previous app, and theres no function to feed each email to social media accounts as before, which overall has had an impact on sales and bottom line. So paying more for less sales isnt good! bye bye!

April 21, 2021

Hey there!

Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear the Shopify email app didn't meet your expectations. I would love to talk to you further and better understand the issues you were facing so we can share your feedback with our team. I will send you an email to open up that line of communication!

The Cider Vat Ltd

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

We recently migrated to Shopify as we we were tired of having loads of different apps that didn't talk to each other. Shopify's built in e-mail program is a big disappointment. In our first promotion Shopify decided it didn't like half of our subscribers and didn't send them.
We don't know which half it sent and which half it didn't. There is no way to identify which subscribers Shopify didn't like or why.
As far as I can see Shopify would like us to dump all our existing subscribers and start again.
So it is back to Mail Chimp for us. Perhaps Shopify isn't the right solution after all.

February 24, 2021

Hey there! Claire here from Shopify Support.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with spam filters. You can find some great insight here as to how to increase the deliverability of your emails - https://bit.ly/314x9jQ

I am also going to send you an email to open up communication incase you have any other questions or further feedback!

Grizzaffi Coffee

Time spent using app About 1 month

Shopify will simply stop the campaign for several reasons. If too many unsubscribe or bounce it will stop sending the email and since there are zero reports, you have no idea who was sent the email and who wasn't. I've tried to make it work with custom groups but it's so frustrating when only 45% of your emails go through. 1. We ran a contest for a free giveaway. 2,100 people signed up. After 1k emails were sent, shopify stopped it because too many people unsubscribed. But all these people literally entered to win and be notified by email. Since there are no reports, I can't tell if the winner was notified they won, and now I am getting calls all day from others who entered because they never got the winner announcement email. Can't resend the entire campaign because then 45% of our customers will get a duplicate email and surely report us as spam at that point. 2. When I first launched the store, I uploaded our customer list from our brick-and-mortar shop from over the past couple of years of people that were in our newsletter. 1,800 customers total. There were some bounces because some were work emails, or incorrectly entered etc. We sent a launch email to notify them of the new online store, and again shopify stopped the campaign at 45%. And again, since there are no reports we can't tell who was notified and who wasn't, and we can't resend the email to the other half that never received it the first time. Shopify does a lot of things right, this ain't one of them.

January 22, 2021

Hey there!

Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review on the Shopify email. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with sending email campaigns.

I will send you an email to open up that line of communication and we can pass over this feedback to the app developers.

Japanese Taste

Location Japan
Time spent using app About 1 year

Cons:
You cannot do custom segmentations inside the app.
Templates are limited.
Deliverability takes too much time.
No automations.
Pros:
It is cheap

January 22, 2021

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on the Shopify email. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team.

Claire l Shopify