Shopify Email

Shopify Email

by Shopify

Email marketing made for commerce

WineHive, Inc.

Where's the automation?! I'm trying to setup an automated welcome email for new subscribers and there does not appear to be a way to do this. Am I missing something?

September 10, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Currently automation is not a feature of the app but our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team.

Atomic-Moto

IF you are using this app for THE MOST BASIC emailing, to a small list, it may be OK. However, if you are using as a regular marketing tool, I cannot recommend this app. I carefully tested and compared to Mailchimp and this program BREAKS and has sending issues. Emails stop sending after delivering to 30% of the list and breaking during sends. Support did not find an explanation. I hope Shopify puts more dev into it. UPDATE: I had been contacted by Shopify support regarding this, but they never followed through.

September 10, 2020

Hey there!

Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with email delivery. You can find some great insight here as to how to increase the deliverability of your emails - https://bit.ly/314x9jQ

I am also going to send you an email to open up communication incase you have any other questions, and also so I can get your feedback to our developers.

Dyeing For Bees

Am I missing something? I cannot send emails to anyone but my "email subscribers" list which doesn't include customers that have signed up through the pop up app that I use to collect customer's emails. Which seems to be the most effective way of getting emails so I do not want to quit using it. But with no way to email them through this app, it makes BOTH apps pointless. I have reached out for help and was told to use the pop up apps option to have them automatically respond when a customer signs up. Okay great, but what about after that? I can never email them again? If I am just not doing something right someone please tell me !!! I cannot figure it out!

Hey there!

Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with email subscribers. This is correct, with Shopify email you can only send newsletters to customers who have consented to receive marketing emails.

With the pop up app you are using, this will usually add the customer automatically to the email subscriber list, and you can contact them but doesn't seem to be the case here.

I am going to follow up with you in an email so we can further troubleshoot this issue for you, and hopefully get this resolved.

Gemworldonline

all the mails are going in junk, it pretty useless for us.
please try to do some thing with this.

August 26, 2020

Hey there! Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with spam filters. You can find some great insight here as to how to increase the deliverability of your emails - https://bit.ly/314x9jQ

I am also going to send you an email to open up communication incase you have any other questions!

Dr Gus Nutrition

It literally sends emails to the most simple schedule ever. It does nothing of any use. What are you charging for? Something as simple as this should be free across all plans!

August 26, 2020

Hey there! Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing.

I would love to talk to you further and get a better understanding on how we can improve the app. I will send you an email to open up that line of communication!

Woodstone

shopify needs a lot of work to make this email app same par as usual Shopify quality we used to......

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team.

Zoom Boutique Store

Was using omnisend all the time and all fine - my email account is safe under omnisend system. Saw shopify email is free so tried it once and it really fxxked me up. Now my IP is under 6 blacklist. Can not send out any emails contain with link/signature/store brand... had to ask help immediately and shopfiy assistant says this is none of their business... lol. Installed g suite asap and google IT told me even that, my IP account is still under the blacklist... would never use this horrible service again. Please be careful, it will destroy your website.

July 29, 2020

Hey there!

Amy here from Shopify, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the trouble you have experienced. I'm going to send you an email, I would love to chat with you about this issue and get some more details so I can help you get this sorted out.

Amy l Shopify

Atchy Shop

what is used to send if cant send to the imported mails?why have to import cvs if its fake not ?????

June 9, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. I'm going to send you an email to open up the lines of communication here. I would love to hear what you feel is missing from the app, in particular imported customers, and we can then pass along the feedback to the developers.

Got2haves.com

Can't send emails to people who've dissalowed email marketing, so we can't use it to warn people about the covid situation. Completely useless

June 9, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time leave us a review. I can understand wanting to reach all of your customers, outside of those signed up to marketing at this current time. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so if there is any further feedback on functionality you would like to see I can pass this on to our developers as well as your current feedback.

The Outdoor Patio Store

Before getting rid of MailChimp, I tested this app out knowing it was new, but saw really good results, so it made a lot of sense get rid of MailChip (software we had a lot of success with for nearly ten years) and consolidate all of our marketing data in Shopify. Well, as soon as I moved my list of subscribes from MailChimp to Shopify, the results have been nothing short of catastrophic. With the data I had in Shopify I was able to successfully deliver emails to 8K customers. I added an additional 10K customers from MailChimp, customers I confirmed were unique (i.e. not yet in Shopify), and my successful deliveries went from 8K to averaging 4K, a decrease of 50%, this after a 50% increase in contacts. Makes ZERO sense, and the only support I'm receiving thus far is to improve my best practices. I'm not against the idea that I could improve my emails, but this has literally never been a problem for me. Not happy at all.

May 29, 2020

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify. I appreciate the feedback. Its exciting that you experienced some positive results in the beginning, but unfortunate that didn't last after you imported your MailChimp list. Im going to follow up with you via email so I can gather some more information from you and see what might be going on.

Amy l Shopify