Shopify Email

Shopify Email

by Shopify

Email marketing made for commerce

Atomic-Moto

IF you are using this app for THE MOST BASIC emailing, to a small list, it may be OK. However, if you are using as a regular marketing tool, I cannot recommend this app. I carefully tested and compared to Mailchimp and this program BREAKS and has sending issues. Emails stop sending after delivering to 30% of the list and breaking during sends. Support did not find an explanation. I hope Shopify puts more dev into it. UPDATE: I had been contacted by Shopify support regarding this, but they never followed through.

September 10, 2020

Hey there!

Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with email delivery. You can find some great insight here as to how to increase the deliverability of your emails - https://bit.ly/314x9jQ

I am also going to send you an email to open up communication incase you have any other questions, and also so I can get your feedback to our developers.

Dyeing For Bees

Am I missing something? I cannot send emails to anyone but my "email subscribers" list which doesn't include customers that have signed up through the pop up app that I use to collect customer's emails. Which seems to be the most effective way of getting emails so I do not want to quit using it. But with no way to email them through this app, it makes BOTH apps pointless. I have reached out for help and was told to use the pop up apps option to have them automatically respond when a customer signs up. Okay great, but what about after that? I can never email them again? If I am just not doing something right someone please tell me !!! I cannot figure it out!

Hey there!

Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with email subscribers. This is correct, with Shopify email you can only send newsletters to customers who have consented to receive marketing emails.

With the pop up app you are using, this will usually add the customer automatically to the email subscriber list, and you can contact them but doesn't seem to be the case here.

I am going to follow up with you in an email so we can further troubleshoot this issue for you, and hopefully get this resolved.

Gemworldonline

all the mails are going in junk, it pretty useless for us.
please try to do some thing with this.

August 26, 2020

Hey there! Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with spam filters. You can find some great insight here as to how to increase the deliverability of your emails - https://bit.ly/314x9jQ

I am also going to send you an email to open up communication incase you have any other questions!

Northern Lights Vedic

I love the idea of Shopify Email, but this is way too basic for our needs. I was hoping it would be similar or better than the old Mailchimp/Shopify integration, but it doesn't even come close. There are both basic and advanced features that are missing.

Here are some missing features:

-2 and 3 column sections

-sections that allow you to add your choice of standard content blocks (buttons, text, images, products, etc.). That works so much better than relying on finding a pre-made template that has all the right content blocks.

-the ability to add images! Logo and products are the only images that can be added to emails now.

-use Paragraph, Header 1, Header 2, etc. for text instead of fiddling with the size continually. Very important for those of us that have blog posts we share through email. I like that you can change the text size, but it's set up in a way that doesn't work for long text blocks.

-there's something weird with the "from" section in the email designer. It should be possible to add alternate emails rather than just the main store email.

-it's great to be able to add products, but what about collections? It would be more useful for us to be able to add a collection and pull a certain number of those products into the email or simply a collection image and link

-automated emails, ideally with the option of automated email sequences (welcome emails, thank you emails, abandoned cart emails, email sequences triggered by tags/shopping behavior/birthday/custom date field, reengagement campaigns, etc.)

-custom fields. We use Mailchimp as a CRM where we have additional information about our customers like birthday, custom date fields, interests, etc. Currently there is no option for this in Shopify.

-ability to send emails to people who have purchased (or not yet purchased) specific products. In general, customer group filters are not sophisticated enough.

-Shopify is in a unique position to be able to pull off personalized recommended product emails based on customer behavior. That would be a amazing to see here.

I could see this working for businesses that are just getting off the ground or have only a handful of products. For now, it is not useable for us. But I'm hoping that Shopify Email will grow to include some of these features. I would much rather use Shopify in the future if it's able to up its email game.

Edit: Forgot to mention merge fields, discount codes and email scheduling in the list of missing features. I'm also concerned by some reviews mentioning the app hurting their sender reputation and even blacklisting domains. Those reviews may be overblown, but there doesn't seem to be an effective way of managing list cleaning, authorizing send emails, etc.

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs so it is great to get so much context. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team and if there is anything further we can assist with.

Claire l Shopify

HairMadeEasi

This app is amazing. Not only is there an option to create an email campaign from a blank template, there is also a great selection of templates to use. There is no limit to how many subscribers either like there is on Mailchimp. Highly recommended!

Dr Gus Nutrition

It literally sends emails to the most simple schedule ever. It does nothing of any use. What are you charging for? Something as simple as this should be free across all plans!

August 26, 2020

Hey there! Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing.

I would love to talk to you further and get a better understanding on how we can improve the app. I will send you an email to open up that line of communication!

Woodstone

shopify needs a lot of work to make this email app same par as usual Shopify quality we used to......

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team.

Claire l Shopify

glassesng

good pricing but the delivery rate is quite poor when compared to previous email app we have used it the past. I believe there will be future improvements.

July 29, 2020

Hey there!

Amy here from Shopify, thanks for the feedback! You can find some great insight here as to how to increase the deliverability of your emails - https://bit.ly/314x9jQ

I'm going to send you an email to open up communication incase you have any other questions!

Amy l Shopify

Itsy Bitsy

The app is very good to use & a great use for all the store.,
One suggestion is that please increases the subscribers list in each campagin more than 40k customers & remove the weekly limit. This plan will not be friendly for large stores.

Twitch Fish

Sent out first email last week. Love the integration to my store and how I can pull in my products, content, etc directly to my email. Please add automated email capability. I want to send email to new email subscribers, new customers, tagged customers, etc.