Shopify Email

Shopify Email

by Shopify

Email marketing made for commerce

Pineccy.com

Looks good- but I need to send more than 4 emails in a week. Not all emails go to all subscribers and I need targeted content for each group.

MIRAI

Instead of the companies legal name the template footer states the shop name along with the address. Same with the copyright remark. In this respect, the marketing emails sent are legally problematic.

March 13, 2021

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify. I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. I'm going to follow up with you via email to gather some further information from you and see what can be done here.

Capsule

After installing the app, I quickly realized how little customization it can do, so uninstalled and switched to Klaviyo. For example, the confirmation pages Shopify Email generates automatically includes your store name at the top. But all sites already have their logo/store name at the top of their site so it's redundant and just looks pedestrian. The fact that you or Shopify can't remove that is brutal.

March 13, 2021

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication so I can share your feedback with our developers.

Paradise Grapevine

I really want this app to work, it's much easier doing everything directly in Shopify. But it has let us down twice in a row, and each time has been disastrous. We rely on our newsletter heavily for new releases, when something doesn't work it affects our business significantly. The first time the whole newsletter that we'd spent days on just deleted itself right before we sent it out. The second time the product links in the newsletter didn't work because when we had created the newsletter the products were still in draft mode. When we made them active the link was broken and they took to the customer to a 'preview' mode. Email marketing is so important, if you are going to release a tool like this I think it needs to be more polished. Other advice for the app:
- allow more configurations for product alignment
- the more customisation the better, it's pretty simplistic atm
- It only sends half of the emails at a time, meaning some customers don't get it until up to 24 hours later, when you have limited releases this frustrates people. - Would be great to be able to import your own fonts
- As far as I can tell there is no way to not have a 'logo' at the header. Get rid of this function.

January 22, 2021

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback with us. I am sorry the app as it is right now does not suit your needs, our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality where possible. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team in order to help with future updates to the app.

Traci K Beauty

it should be free with plan now we can only send one email a month. rip off it should be free since

September 30, 2020

Hey there,

Charlotte here from Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Shopify Email app with us. I'm going to follow up with you in an email, to open up the lines of communication here. That way we can chat about the payment structure and what it means for your store, specifically.

Best,
Charlotte | Shopify

Northern Lights Vedic

I love the idea of Shopify Email, but this is way too basic for our needs. I was hoping it would be similar or better than the old Mailchimp/Shopify integration, but it doesn't even come close. There are both basic and advanced features that are missing.

Here are some missing features:

-2 and 3 column sections

-sections that allow you to add your choice of standard content blocks (buttons, text, images, products, etc.). That works so much better than relying on finding a pre-made template that has all the right content blocks.

-the ability to add images! Logo and products are the only images that can be added to emails now.

-use Paragraph, Header 1, Header 2, etc. for text instead of fiddling with the size continually. Very important for those of us that have blog posts we share through email. I like that you can change the text size, but it's set up in a way that doesn't work for long text blocks.

-there's something weird with the "from" section in the email designer. It should be possible to add alternate emails rather than just the main store email.

-it's great to be able to add products, but what about collections? It would be more useful for us to be able to add a collection and pull a certain number of those products into the email or simply a collection image and link

-automated emails, ideally with the option of automated email sequences (welcome emails, thank you emails, abandoned cart emails, email sequences triggered by tags/shopping behavior/birthday/custom date field, reengagement campaigns, etc.)

-custom fields. We use Mailchimp as a CRM where we have additional information about our customers like birthday, custom date fields, interests, etc. Currently there is no option for this in Shopify.

-ability to send emails to people who have purchased (or not yet purchased) specific products. In general, customer group filters are not sophisticated enough.

-Shopify is in a unique position to be able to pull off personalized recommended product emails based on customer behavior. That would be a amazing to see here.

I could see this working for businesses that are just getting off the ground or have only a handful of products. For now, it is not useable for us. But I'm hoping that Shopify Email will grow to include some of these features. I would much rather use Shopify in the future if it's able to up its email game.

Edit: Forgot to mention merge fields, discount codes and email scheduling in the list of missing features. I'm also concerned by some reviews mentioning the app hurting their sender reputation and even blacklisting domains. Those reviews may be overblown, but there doesn't seem to be an effective way of managing list cleaning, authorizing send emails, etc.

August 26, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs so it is great to get so much context. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team and if there is anything further we can assist with.

glassesng

good pricing but the delivery rate is quite poor when compared to previous email app we have used it the past. I believe there will be future improvements.

July 29, 2020

Hey there!

Amy here from Shopify, thanks for the feedback! You can find some great insight here as to how to increase the deliverability of your emails - https://bit.ly/314x9jQ

I'm going to send you an email to open up communication incase you have any other questions!

Ritology

Creating and sending basic emails is great, however the reporting is very limited and a feature as important as an automated welcome email when a new email subscriber is added, is not available. The ability to create a welcome sequence would be even better.

July 20, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team.

Flamingo Shores - Original Art for Home and Office Decor

I tried to use it in lieu of G-Suite or Office but it seems super clunky that way. I was hoping to send individual emails to prospective clients, but you have to draw from a list of already subscribed members. If you people, it doesn't seem to allow you to select individuals, only lists and lists only seem to come from those that subscribe on Shopify (vicious circle). Seems like a lot of work to do something simple like send individual, not automated emails. The system seems fine for broadcast emails and newsletters.

July 7, 2020

Hey there!

Amy here from Shopify, I just wanted to take the time to thank you for leaving us a review. In terms of not being able to send individual emails, that is expected. The Shopify Email app is meant to allow you to send out bulk, marketing emails. I would love to hear more about changes you would like to see in the app. I'm going to send you an email so I can gather more information from you.

Amy l Shopify

freddie the rat kids boutique

Pretty basic, half the time my subscribers don’t get emails. Missing heaps of important info. Definitely need to download something more professional.

July 7, 2020

Hey there!

Amy here from Shopify, I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Honest feedback from users like yourself is truly what helps us improve. I would love to hear exactly what you feel is missing so I can pass it along to my developers. I'm going to send you an email to open up communication.

Previous 1 3