Shopify Email

Email marketing made for commerce

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Sugoi Styles

Easy to use, but I'm not gonna lie, the customization options are horrible and very limited. There's no way to make your campaigns eye-catching, and they always turn out looking incredibly dull because of the rigid personalization features. It's very blocky. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a newsletter, especially when it's supposed to draw customers in. It just comes off looking very cheap.

CurrantC™

Time spent using app About 2 months

Shopify Email App is not honoring image sizes. Re-sized and imported a 150x150 logo and once it loaded the image significantly increased in size. I have not been able to find a solution to this.

Tropiflora

Time spent using app Over 1 year

App is really easy to use and really convenient since it was in the Shopify marketing. BUT it is an awful app to use if you have timed email exclusive sales with limited quantities and a high volume of customers. We launched our email at 10 AM and 1 hour later it notified us that it failed to email 95% of our customers 'due to a high bounce rate, usually because subscriber email addresses were not valid.' Out of nearly 10,000 email subscribers. We do not have this issue with our current emailing app. If you have multiple variants, you are unable to change the price to the correct variant in stock. Also the emails are very bland, but that wasn't a main issue.

September 20, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and for outlining the issues you've had with Shopify Email when using it for a significant marketing campaign. If you're still interested in using Shopify Email moving forward, I would recommend contacting our support team directly about this matter so we can investigate further and try to help prevent this from happening in future: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor, Shopify Support

527 Photo

Overall, this app is not good. My biggest complaint is that it takes hours to send an email to our 1600 customers. This is a problem when we launch a subscriber exclusive sale with limited stock quantities. Not all customers get the email at the same time. Also, the layout is very basic looking and the app doesn't offer a sticky popup tab to entice shoppers to join the list throughout their shopping journey. Automations, reports, and editor are all in different locations in the admin dashboard making it confusing and the abandon cart automation is not even sending. I do like that I can link products easily but that's about it.

August 23, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and for sharing your feedback on how Shopify Email can be improved. I can see why the long wait to send emails to customers is a frustration and that this can cause issues with subscriber sales, and how greater customization options would be a benefit to you and your business.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your suggestions and I will ensure that all of your comments are passed on to our app development team for review. -Victor, Shopify Support

Arktis Store

Needs a serious overhaul to be useful. Missing so many basic features. e.g.
- Adjustable padding/ margins
- Menu for header
- Custom widths
- More than 2 columns
- Proper footer customisation On the plus side, it is cheap to use.

July 30, 2022

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing this feedback with us. We understand that you'd like to see more features, such as adjustable padding or margins, custom widths, more columns, and footer customizations, with Shopify Email and we'd be happy to share your suggestions with our development team for considerations in future releases.

That being said, if you need something with more customization features in the meantime, then we'd recommend taking a look at Klaviyo: Email Marketing & SMS (https://bit.ly/2XGCbmk) or Omnisend Email Marketing & SMS (https://bit.ly/3OR7gdP). Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

Sexy Beast

Location India
Time spent using app Over 1 year

OK, so I am not using any app for Emailer Marketing (yet) and have been using Shopify's native basic Marketing Emailer Campaign option. Recently they have included the personalisation option so a store can mention Name, Area, Store etc as dynamic text. This has clearly not been tested properly by Shopify. When adding a comma after the name, the preview and final Emailer inserts a space before the comma. It kind of renders the personalisation option useless for me (unless you are OK to be seen as a brand that does not understand basic punctuation). See the examples of the output below for a subject line. Shopify Subject Output: Raj , how are you today? Required Subject Output: Raj, how are you today? Can someone fix this, or let me know how to fix it myself through code? I am using the Brooklyn theme. My store URL is www.sexybeast.in. From the non-responses to other comments I see, it looks like this is extremely low priority for the developers? Help, please.

February 22, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and for notifying us of this problem here. I have reached out to our development team for the Shopify Email app and they were able to confirm the issue you described on our end too. The team is now investigating and will look to resolve this issue in the near future.

Thanks again for taking the time to share this with us; your feedback is greatly appreciated. -Victor, Shopify Support

Takareer

Location United Arab Emirates

it is very helpful for a very simple use, but it does not support HTML code inside email, as this is an important feature for email customization, but unfortunately this app does not have this feature, Shopify need to work more on this app

February 15, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and for sharing the feedback you have for Shopify Email. I can certainly see why having more customization options would be a benefit when it comes to crafting email campaigns, and I will be sure to pass your suggestion onto our development team. -Victor, Shopify Support

Bitter & Esters

I really wanted this to be better than it is. This feels like a beta product at best as it's just not up to par with similar tools that are available on the market now (i.e. Mailchimp). Functionality that I've taken for granted (copying campaigns, posting to multiple social media sites) is simply missing. Audience selection is also poorly integrated into the overall product. Lastly, the actual campaign building tool is slow and a little janky to use. I'd wait this one out until Shopify figures out what works and what doesn't. If their "Ping/Chat/Inbox" chat debacle is any indication of their development process, then I'd wait it out for another year at least. Shopify can do better than this.

September 28, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us! I can certainly see how many of your suggestions would be a benefit toward Shopify email and would be happy to share this feedback with our developers for future consideration. Cheers! -Marty, Shopify Support

Catherine Iskiw Designs

I used this to send out a marketing email to my customers. It was fine to set up although I needed help to add something to my DNS setting because test emails weren't going through which is weird because Shopify is my host. Unlike Mailchimp though you can't do anything more after sending it. You can't see who opened the email and send them further marketing, nothing. I'll continue using Mailchimp until Shopify actually starts to take this seriously because right now it's just not very good.

August 10, 2021

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get Shopify Email set up despite the issue with your DNS settings, and thank you for sharing your experience using the app with us here.

Shopify Email is still a relatively new app and our development team continue to build it over time. However, I can see why being able to view open rates and other analytics would be helpful in terms of evaluating your marketing strategy, so I will be sure to pass your feedback onto them for their consideration. -Victor, Shopify Support

MoltenRituals

I have the same app on my other store and it was working fine (some time a go) Now on this shop I'm not getting any notifications by subscribing to newsletter. I'm not getting welcome emails .I'm not getting any emails with welcome discount code. I tried to sign up with 3 different email addresses but not a one got any kind of notification. It does show my subscribers and i can send emails manually . I checked forum and zillion people have the same issue since last year but no one give any kinda solution ? Can i have some help?

August 4, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. If you're not receiving the notifications after following our setup guide (https://bit.ly/3vcX99A), then it looks like we will need to access your account and take a closer look at the issue.

Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2Vt7Et5) and log into your account - our Support team would be happy to assist you with this through live chat, email, or callback. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

Previous 1 3 4