Shopify Email

Shopify Email

by Shopify

Email marketing made for commerce

Catherine Iskiw Designs

I used this to send out a marketing email to my customers. It was fine to set up although I needed help to add something to my DNS setting because test emails weren't going through which is weird because Shopify is my host. Unlike Mailchimp though you can't do anything more after sending it. You can't see who opened the email and send them further marketing, nothing. I'll continue using Mailchimp until Shopify actually starts to take this seriously because right now it's just not very good.

MoltenRituals

I have the same app on my other store and it was working fine (some time a go) Now on this shop I'm not getting any notifications by subscribing to newsletter. I'm not getting welcome emails .I'm not getting any emails with welcome discount code. I tried to sign up with 3 different email addresses but not a one got any kind of notification. It does show my subscribers and i can send emails manually . I checked forum and zillion people have the same issue since last year but no one give any kinda solution ? Can i have some help?

August 4, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. If you're not receiving the notifications after following our setup guide (https://bit.ly/3vcX99A), then it looks like we will need to access your account and take a closer look at the issue.

Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2Vt7Et5) and log into your account - our Support team would be happy to assist you with this through live chat, email, or callback. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

Milton Ashby

Pretty useless given that it cannot do automation. This is rather odd, because Shopify itself can (eg through abandoned cart emails).
The instructions in other review feedback don't work and Shopify help desk had to point me to a 3rd party app and. Pretty frustrating given that automation is so 2010. Please, please, please add automation, if you did it would be a good app.

July 27, 2021

Thank you for getting in touch and for sharing your feedback with us here, and I can certainly appreciate why having more automation in Shopify Email would be beneficial. Shopify Email is still a relatively new app and it's possible that more automated features become available down the line, but nonetheless I will be sure to pass your comments onto our development team for them to consider. We appreciate you getting in touch and sharing your thoughts in your review. -Victor, Shopify Support

Seven Horizons

This app has potential to be so much better than it actually is, given it is made by Shopify for Shopify merchants - it should be so much more powerful and integrated than what it actualy is. I do like how easy it is to select products from my store to promote in an email, however I cannot believe that Shopify do not make First Name fields available to personalise each email to my loyal customer base - why would I send out an email that is not addressed personally to them? There is very little in the back end to support refining customer lists and segmentation within shopify also, more work needs to occur with this app to make it worthwhile to use.

Pineccy.com

Looks good- but I need to send more than 4 emails in a week. Not all emails go to all subscribers and I need targeted content for each group.

April 21, 2021

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs. As of right now there is a maximum limit of 5 emails every week. I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the developer team and hopefully this is something they can look into for future updates.

I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team.

MIRAI

Instead of the companies legal name the template footer states the shop name along with the address. Same with the copyright remark. In this respect, the marketing emails sent are legally problematic.

March 13, 2021

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify. I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. I'm going to follow up with you via email to gather some further information from you and see what can be done here.

Amy l Shopify

Capsule

After installing the app, I quickly realized how little customization it can do, so uninstalled and switched to Klaviyo. For example, the confirmation pages Shopify Email generates automatically includes your store name at the top. But all sites already have their logo/store name at the top of their site so it's redundant and just looks pedestrian. The fact that you or Shopify can't remove that is brutal.

March 13, 2021

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication so I can share your feedback with our developers.

Amy l Shopify

Paradise Grapevine

I really want this app to work, it's much easier doing everything directly in Shopify. But it has let us down twice in a row, and each time has been disastrous. We rely on our newsletter heavily for new releases, when something doesn't work it affects our business significantly. The first time the whole newsletter that we'd spent days on just deleted itself right before we sent it out. The second time the product links in the newsletter didn't work because when we had created the newsletter the products were still in draft mode. When we made them active the link was broken and they took to the customer to a 'preview' mode. Email marketing is so important, if you are going to release a tool like this I think it needs to be more polished. Other advice for the app:
- allow more configurations for product alignment
- the more customisation the better, it's pretty simplistic atm
- It only sends half of the emails at a time, meaning some customers don't get it until up to 24 hours later, when you have limited releases this frustrates people. - Would be great to be able to import your own fonts
- As far as I can tell there is no way to not have a 'logo' at the header. Get rid of this function.

January 22, 2021

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback with us. I am sorry the app as it is right now does not suit your needs, our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality where possible. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team in order to help with future updates to the app.

Traci K Beauty

it should be free with plan now we can only send one email a month. rip off it should be free since

September 30, 2020

Hey there,

Charlotte here from Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Shopify Email app with us. I'm going to follow up with you in an email, to open up the lines of communication here. That way we can chat about the payment structure and what it means for your store, specifically.

Best,
Charlotte | Shopify

Northern Lights Vedic

I love the idea of Shopify Email, but this is way too basic for our needs. I was hoping it would be similar or better than the old Mailchimp/Shopify integration, but it doesn't even come close. There are both basic and advanced features that are missing.

Here are some missing features:

-2 and 3 column sections

-sections that allow you to add your choice of standard content blocks (buttons, text, images, products, etc.). That works so much better than relying on finding a pre-made template that has all the right content blocks.

-the ability to add images! Logo and products are the only images that can be added to emails now.

-use Paragraph, Header 1, Header 2, etc. for text instead of fiddling with the size continually. Very important for those of us that have blog posts we share through email. I like that you can change the text size, but it's set up in a way that doesn't work for long text blocks.

-there's something weird with the "from" section in the email designer. It should be possible to add alternate emails rather than just the main store email.

-it's great to be able to add products, but what about collections? It would be more useful for us to be able to add a collection and pull a certain number of those products into the email or simply a collection image and link

-automated emails, ideally with the option of automated email sequences (welcome emails, thank you emails, abandoned cart emails, email sequences triggered by tags/shopping behavior/birthday/custom date field, reengagement campaigns, etc.)

-custom fields. We use Mailchimp as a CRM where we have additional information about our customers like birthday, custom date fields, interests, etc. Currently there is no option for this in Shopify.

-ability to send emails to people who have purchased (or not yet purchased) specific products. In general, customer group filters are not sophisticated enough.

-Shopify is in a unique position to be able to pull off personalized recommended product emails based on customer behavior. That would be a amazing to see here.

I could see this working for businesses that are just getting off the ground or have only a handful of products. For now, it is not useable for us. But I'm hoping that Shopify Email will grow to include some of these features. I would much rather use Shopify in the future if it's able to up its email game.

Edit: Forgot to mention merge fields, discount codes and email scheduling in the list of missing features. I'm also concerned by some reviews mentioning the app hurting their sender reputation and even blacklisting domains. Those reviews may be overblown, but there doesn't seem to be an effective way of managing list cleaning, authorizing send emails, etc.

August 26, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs so it is great to get so much context. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team and if there is anything further we can assist with.

Previous 1 3