Shopify Email

Email marketing made for commerce

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Sexy Beast

OK, so I am not using any app for Emailer Marketing (yet) and have been using Shopify's native basic Marketing Emailer Campaign option. Recently they have included the personalisation option so a store can mention Name, Area, Store etc as dynamic text. This has clearly not been tested properly by Shopify. When adding a comma after the name, the preview and final Emailer inserts a space before the comma. It kind of renders the personalisation option useless for me (unless you are OK to be seen as a brand that does not understand basic punctuation). See the examples of the output below for a subject line. Shopify Subject Output: Raj , how are you today? Required Subject Output: Raj, how are you today? Can someone fix this, or let me know how to fix it myself through code? I am using the Brooklyn theme. My store URL is www.sexybeast.in. From the non-responses to other comments I see, it looks like this is extremely low priority for the developers? Help, please.

February 22, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and for notifying us of this problem here. I have reached out to our development team for the Shopify Email app and they were able to confirm the issue you described on our end too. The team is now investigating and will look to resolve this issue in the near future.

Thanks again for taking the time to share this with us; your feedback is greatly appreciated. -Victor, Shopify Support

Takareer

it is very helpful for a very simple use, but it does not support HTML code inside email, as this is an important feature for email customization, but unfortunately this app does not have this feature, Shopify need to work more on this app

February 15, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and for sharing the feedback you have for Shopify Email. I can certainly see why having more customization options would be a benefit when it comes to crafting email campaigns, and I will be sure to pass your suggestion onto our development team. -Victor, Shopify Support

Bitter & Esters

I really wanted this to be better than it is. This feels like a beta product at best as it's just not up to par with similar tools that are available on the market now (i.e. Mailchimp). Functionality that I've taken for granted (copying campaigns, posting to multiple social media sites) is simply missing. Audience selection is also poorly integrated into the overall product. Lastly, the actual campaign building tool is slow and a little janky to use. I'd wait this one out until Shopify figures out what works and what doesn't. If their "Ping/Chat/Inbox" chat debacle is any indication of their development process, then I'd wait it out for another year at least. Shopify can do better than this.

September 28, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us! I can certainly see how many of your suggestions would be a benefit toward Shopify email and would be happy to share this feedback with our developers for future consideration. Cheers! -Marty, Shopify Support

Catherine Iskiw Designs

I used this to send out a marketing email to my customers. It was fine to set up although I needed help to add something to my DNS setting because test emails weren't going through which is weird because Shopify is my host. Unlike Mailchimp though you can't do anything more after sending it. You can't see who opened the email and send them further marketing, nothing. I'll continue using Mailchimp until Shopify actually starts to take this seriously because right now it's just not very good.

August 10, 2021

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get Shopify Email set up despite the issue with your DNS settings, and thank you for sharing your experience using the app with us here.

Shopify Email is still a relatively new app and our development team continue to build it over time. However, I can see why being able to view open rates and other analytics would be helpful in terms of evaluating your marketing strategy, so I will be sure to pass your feedback onto them for their consideration. -Victor, Shopify Support

MoltenRituals

I have the same app on my other store and it was working fine (some time a go) Now on this shop I'm not getting any notifications by subscribing to newsletter. I'm not getting welcome emails .I'm not getting any emails with welcome discount code. I tried to sign up with 3 different email addresses but not a one got any kind of notification. It does show my subscribers and i can send emails manually . I checked forum and zillion people have the same issue since last year but no one give any kinda solution ? Can i have some help?

August 4, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. If you're not receiving the notifications after following our setup guide (https://bit.ly/3vcX99A), then it looks like we will need to access your account and take a closer look at the issue.

Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2Vt7Et5) and log into your account - our Support team would be happy to assist you with this through live chat, email, or callback. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

Milton Ashby

Pretty useless given that it cannot do automation. This is rather odd, because Shopify itself can (eg through abandoned cart emails).
The instructions in other review feedback don't work and Shopify help desk had to point me to a 3rd party app and. Pretty frustrating given that automation is so 2010. Please, please, please add automation, if you did it would be a good app.

July 27, 2021

Thank you for getting in touch and for sharing your feedback with us here, and I can certainly appreciate why having more automation in Shopify Email would be beneficial. Shopify Email is still a relatively new app and it's possible that more automated features become available down the line, but nonetheless I will be sure to pass your comments onto our development team for them to consider. We appreciate you getting in touch and sharing your thoughts in your review. -Victor, Shopify Support

Seven Horizons

This app has potential to be so much better than it actually is, given it is made by Shopify for Shopify merchants - it should be so much more powerful and integrated than what it actualy is. I do like how easy it is to select products from my store to promote in an email, however I cannot believe that Shopify do not make First Name fields available to personalise each email to my loyal customer base - why would I send out an email that is not addressed personally to them? There is very little in the back end to support refining customer lists and segmentation within shopify also, more work needs to occur with this app to make it worthwhile to use.

Pineccy.com

Looks good- but I need to send more than 4 emails in a week. Not all emails go to all subscribers and I need targeted content for each group.

April 21, 2021

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs. As of right now there is a maximum limit of 5 emails every week. I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the developer team and hopefully this is something they can look into for future updates.

I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team.

Claire l Shopify

MIRAI

Instead of the companies legal name the template footer states the shop name along with the address. Same with the copyright remark. In this respect, the marketing emails sent are legally problematic.

March 13, 2021

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify. I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. I'm going to follow up with you via email to gather some further information from you and see what can be done here.

Amy l Shopify

Capsule

After installing the app, I quickly realized how little customization it can do, so uninstalled and switched to Klaviyo. For example, the confirmation pages Shopify Email generates automatically includes your store name at the top. But all sites already have their logo/store name at the top of their site so it's redundant and just looks pedestrian. The fact that you or Shopify can't remove that is brutal.

March 13, 2021

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication so I can share your feedback with our developers.

Amy l Shopify