Stocky

Stocky

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3.5)
Developer
Shopify
3.5
October 6, 2022

BEWARE, shopify Ruined this app by buying it. I used to pay $50 a month for Stocky before shopify bought it and it was worth it for the amazing customer service. There have been zero changes or updates, and the shopify customer service team doesn't even know how to use the app, so they can't help with anything. As others have mentioned, the forcasting feature isn't accurate. Plus there's no way to see which products are on order easily. Products are virtually impossible to edit individually- in order to update a cost I have to go into the supplier, find a product and edit. I have products that are carried by multiple distributors and have to assign each product to each distributor individually, a 7 step process per product, per distributor. suppliers --> choose supplier --> settings --> manage products --> assign products --> search --> add selected products. I miss Seb from Stocky!

Lotus Blooms
Time spent using app: About 6 years
September 6, 2022

A veteran user of Stocky since 2017 (when it was privately owned) it's been a vital part of our business. Although the user interface is a little dated it's highly functional and it's great and easy for raising POs for suppliers. The only downside is the forecast feature is sometimes not the most accurate needing tweaking which is most likely down to my own user settings otherwise, it's a great app, highly recommend it.

Pomp & Co. Trade Store
Ireland
Time spent using app: Almost 5 years
June 2, 2022

We have 8 brick and mortar locations, the app make it using for forecasting inventory needs at each of our locations, creating purchase orders based off a set criteria that you set and creating transfers between locations. It appears to be doing a good job that. I tested out the app a few years back and got frustrated with it and stopped using it. Thought I would come back and give it a try again. So far I am happy with it. However, there are some areas that need some improvement to make the app better. - I like the fact that it has a way to print barcodes based off purchase orders and stock transfers. However, it's only limited too Dymo printers. We use a Rollo at some of our locations. Would like to see more flexibility there. - When creating purchase orders and stock transfers based off suggestions, I would like to see a filter added to say "Show Minimum Re Order Stock Required". For example, ff we 1000 SKUs I don't want the purchase order or stock transfer suggestions to show me 900 SKUs that require us to order just one. It would be nice to set a minimum amount to be displayed on the purchase order or transfer such as 5 or 10 or whatever number we want. Because now, I have remove all the 900 SKUs individually by clicking the trash can icon to the right that I don't want. Or if this is not doable then add a checkbox next to all the SKUs on the purchase orders and transfers to allow me to select the 900 and hit remove. --- Also products are showing up when running the suggestions that are stocked at the location. Our team is open to working with Shopify to help make this a better app. It's a win - win for everyone.

Bunker 27
Time spent using app: About 1 year
Shopify replied September 8, 2022

Thanks for the great review! Greatly appreciated.

There’s a setting under Preferences - Forecasting that will prevent every single out of stock item being added to the PO regardless of its performance. Please try deselecting “Keep in stock” and see if that helps.

You can also set minimum order quantities per supplier by going to Suppliers - Settings - Order limits.

Something else that might be helpful is the minimum order quantity column that can be enabled on the draft PO page.

I'm looking into the issue with non-location products showing up when forecasting.

Hopefully some of this is of help to you. We are currently building a team to work on Stocky full time so you should see some big improvements in the not too distant future.

- Seb

March 14, 2022

Garbage App. Shopify buying your app is the kiss of death. Mean's you'll never see an update or bug fix ever again. Reviews are filled with bad experiences and the app is missing core functionality like being able to apply different shipping costs to the COGS. If I buy 100 feathers and 100 bricks, the shipping cost will be evenly split across 200 items and there is no way to easily custom tailor these costs. It hasn't changed for the past 3 years. No improvement. Shopify is negligent at best.

Sanshee
Time spent using app: About 1 year
February 21, 2022

Useless at the moment as it doesn't even open within the Shopify POS app, have to open in Safari and in there barcode scanning doesn't work.

Gear