Stocky

Stocky | Reviews

by Shopify

Inventory Management for Shopify POS Pro

TU beauty store

We are small businesses, You Big. We pay you monthly usd $ 79 and usd $ 200-500, per transactions (done by computer and bots). Could It be an plus for your costumers? Big companies are bigger when they add worth to their clients

The Rivertown Inkery

Shopify loves making things harder on their customers, and trying to force them to spend more money every month. Another terrible app to go along with the worst POS system ever made. If you see shopify is the developer just assume its worthless. UPDATE: Shopify has just made their inventory manangement even worse. Yet another shady move to try and force you into paying extra for POS Pro. This company sucks

May 12, 2021

Hello there! We appreciate you for taking the time to leave a review for Stocky, we really value your candid feedback.

Factory Minibikes

Horrible....VERY time consuming if you want it to actually so something right. Probably have to hire someone just to sit on this app 40+ hours a week or it will be extremely inaccurate and basically useless. NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

May 8, 2021

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Stocky, we really appreciate your candid feedback. And I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble, I will follow up with you via email to discuss this further, as well as to get any other pieces of feedback you would be willing to share with us. Thank you, Liana.

Dofos Pet Centre

Great shopify has added multi location to stocky its easy to use. we look forward to being part of the journey with hopefully more features to come

Cupcake

App is useful in some areas but completely useless in others and unfortunately since Shopify purchased it, there's no support. Shopify support has no idea how any of the functionality works and some members of the support team aren't even aware that it's now owned by Shopify. Why isn't there a support team dedicated to learning this app? I'm not sure why Shopify bothered purchasing it.

March 19, 2021

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Stocky. We know how important it is to be able to reach out for support which is why we have a dedicated Stocky Support team at Shopify. If you'd like to reach out to Stocky team, you can do so by emailing retail-support@shopify.com with your queries.
Your email will come directly to our team and we'll be happy to help with any questions.
You can also find this email address whenever you need it under the Help tab in Stocky.

- Barry | Stocky Support

Optionsforher

why can we not use a barcode scanner on the stocky app
when transferring inventory between locations this would be a very very helpful tool

March 19, 2021

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review Stocky.
We appreciate all feedback from our users and can definitely see how useful it would be to be able to use a barcode scanner to accept inventory being transferred.

I'd like to clarify using a barcode scanner with the Stocky app.
This is available and you can use your barcode scanner to receive Purchase Orders and for Stocktakes.
While it can be used for incoming purchase orders and stocktakes, the barcode scanner can't be used for transferring inventort between locations.

For using the barcode scanner with stock transfers, while it isn't available currently, I will escalate this up to our 'Feature Request team' where we send all of the issues and requests to our developers and they look at each one. The requests that happen most often get moved up and developed.

Requests are weighted on how many times a particular request comes through so I cannot offer any timeline if or when this could be developed. So, while I can't promise that your request will get developed, I can promise it will be looked at.
You can also visit the Shopify Changelog at the link below for reference of our most recent updates:

Barry | Stocky Support

Milkbar Breastpumps

Stocky can't be used to calculate the true cost of a product or stock on hand if you import products from overseas or have goods which exclude and others which include GST as they include GST in their calculations. Merchants should be providing their accountant with the cost of goods on hand ex GST in order to calculate true monthly profits and margins, however this can not be done using stocky. I am surprised of this oversight given that shopify is marketing it as an "advanced inventory system". I have updated this review to one star as stocky has also duplicated syncing purchase orders, thereby receipting stock twice. Shopify have advised that it is "unproductive" to notify merchants of this known issue. This means that you must check each SKU in the purchase order to make sure this doesn't happen as stocky is not identifying this issue. This is really important so you can make sure you have adequate stock as when this issue does occur stock is overstated.

Orleans Hot Tubs & Pools

Nice application for keeping track of orders. Here's what it's missing:
1) custom low inventory level alerts (ex. when widgetA reaches 5, send alert)
2) can't tell the application to ignore certain products, therefore a list of x number of useless items appears on my 're-order' list and it takes more time to sift through this list than it does to go to my physical shelves with a pencil and clipboard to prepare an order.
3) doesn't understand that a product can be purchased from multiple vendors, the only way I can order 'product Y' is if I'm ordering from the specfic vendor that the product is assigned to, otherwise I have to login to Shopify, edit the product and reassign the vendor, go back into stocky, refresh and add the item. Why can't I simply search from the list of all my products when I'm creating an order?? The application is VERY USEFUL once the order is in queue though. I can easily see what is on backorder and it adjusts my inventory levels VERY EASILY once I recieve an order with packing slip. Please, someone tell me which application can do what I need, I'm so tired of combing through 30+ applications to find an inventory app that can perform basic functions! Just FYI, VEND includes all of these basic inventory functions free, with their POS... come on Shopify!!

February 15, 2021

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Stocky. I am delighted to hear how much Shopify has helped you and we appreciate your feedback. On your first point, regarding custom low inventory alerts, I can see how useful that would be so I'm going to bring this to our developers so that this kind of functionality can be looked into.

Regarding your other points, telling Stocky to ignore certain products and accounting for products that have more than one vendor, there are already steps that can be used for these in Stocky.

Marking a product as Archived in your Shopify admin will communicate that to Stocky and remove it from the re-order list.
Instead of just using Vendors for your Purchase Orders, you can also use Suppliers as a product can have multiple Suppliers.

I'll follow up with you by email with more information on these points for you too!
- Barry

WineOnline

Does this work for online shopify stores only or do i need to be a bricks and mortar store using POS for it to work? jjjjj

February 15, 2021

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to post a review. The Stocky app will work for online store orders and locations. However, the POS Pro plan is required to use the app ($89 per month per POS location). Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you would like to discuss Stocky or the POS Pro plan and features any further.

Modern Bungalow

It works fairly well for purchases, though it took me a minute to sort out how to do drop ship POs vs stock purchases. My major issue is that it doesn't sync with my accounting software so I duplicate loads of work every week recreating invoices in Xero. Please build an integration!!