4.8

Merchants highly recommend this app for its user-friendly interface, easy setup, and immediate functionality. It's praised for its ability to add a terms and conditions checkbox to the store, protecting against fraud and chargebacks. The app offers customization options and seamlessly integrates with Shopify stores, automatically matching the store's style. Many commend the support team for their quick and effective assistance. Despite being free, it provides the same functionality as other paid apps.

Edited April 22, 2021

A bit flaky!
Supposedly does what I need, just the basics, but is clunky and fails.
Customers would check the box but still could not checkout.
Slow support response.
***UPDATE*** And despite the review, they still have not contacted me to help!! Down another star.
And they try and blame someone else too, typical obnoxious tech company "It's not our fault" being their first cry!
***UPDATE 2*** So after 16 hours no response to the support request, but is more than happy to deny responsibility on the reviews straight away.
Your product had failed, we needed it to work or we had to remove it. We uninstalled it so customers could checkout, but considering it is your code that is failing and your code that is still stopping the checkout working and no other app has changed or been installed since we installed your app means it IS your issue. If we do not get support immediately, we will take it further.

Online Coins and Collectables
6 months using the app
RoarTheme replied April 22, 2021

Hello,

I think you have misunderstood. I have checked your store, you uninstalled our app. But, when I clicked on the checkout button, there still has the "You must agree with the terms and conditions of sales to check out." message.

I think this problem caused by other apps/ theme features.
Hope this helps!

*****UPDATE*****
Hello,

Again, we would like to reiterate that we don't have any personal feelings in this, no emotion-based at all. Our answer is what really happened in your store, technically.

First, it's so obvious that you uninstalled the app, and if your issue is still here, how could it be from the app? All the app's scripts are externally loaded and when you uninstall, they are all removed completely.

Second, is it worth the 2* rating, just for only 2 hours waiting for support for a free app like this? And now 1* rating just for explaining the cause??? Please keep in mind that supporting does not mean we have to fix all the irrelevant issues.

Again, we could say for sure that this problem caused by other apps/ theme features.

Thank you.

***** UPDATE 2 *****
Hi there,

Kindly let me take a deep dive, according to what I've discovered, again.

When installing the Terms and Conditions Checkbox (TCC) app, by using the API of Shopify, only one javascript file "legal.v3.min.js" is added into the store but no other changes. All of the processors of TCC are in here. And when uninstalling the TCC, this file is also removed. That being said, if there was a scenario in which the TCC is buggy or incompatible, uninstalling would have also removed it completely, just like it has never existed in the store.

After checking the store, a noticeable code block was found at the very bottom of the "Assets > theme.js" file, where I 100% believe that the issue comes. Please check the screenshot https://www.screencast.com/t/nhOla6iLPzS

I would like to emphasize that this code block is in theme.js, which originally belongs to the template itself, and the TCC has never touched this. Rather, our TCC app cannot touch this. If you say that this code has just appeared recently, or something like this, it must come from another source, like an authorization human manipulating or other apps... My team has never been given admin or staff access into the store, so this cannot be us.

If you want to test my arguments above, you can try to delete the code block in your theme.js file, save it. After that, install our TCC app again, then reload the theme.js file again to see if the code block is added, or if the js file is changed. If you see the changes, that means the TCC touches your theme.js, and I was WRONG! But I can say for sure this never happens.

Otherwise, if I was NOT WRONG, you have to find the source (some app or some human... I have no idea) that altered your source code and have the issue fixed. You have to do it yourself because my team didn't cause it. In case you get any clue proving that the TCC made it, personally I will apologize and take down my TCC app immediately. I am writing this as a team experiencing with Shopify for almost 10 years.

And if you were WRONG, you owe me apologies.
Thank you.

March 11, 2021

My experience has been great with this app and its customer service. I had a few problems with it working in my quick shop at first. However, Phil, my support guy was able to fix it, no problem. Thank you everyone at RoarTheme!

OfficeGaloreStore.com
6 months using the app
August 11, 2021

Very easy to set up. No extra steps are required, ie adding code into your theme. As soon as you enable the checkbox shows right away.

SPW Design Co
October 17, 2022

Easily added a T and C checkbox and edited to suit my store needs. Had a glitch later on and the problem was fixed within a day or so. Exactly what I was looking for, good service! Thanks!

Silver Creek Nursery Ltd.
5 days using the app
April 23, 2021

Great App. Easy to install and customize. You can always use the video in case you will get lost. Looks and works fantastic. And it's free.

Chairzo
Slovakia
October 18, 2020

Super easy to install and setup on shoppify webstore.
In some regions, this feature is mandatory field and this app makes all job for you.

Total Brands
Romania
June 24, 2021

Works pretty good! It's easy and simple to install and set-up. Perfect for anyone that wants a quick easy fix.

Sellos de Caucho 24
Portugal
Edited January 1, 2021

Just great, exactly what I wanted. Helped me a lot to solve a big problem. A very handy tool to have

BackStage Nutz
Netherlands
June 28, 2021

Easy to use, looks clean, simple integration but a HUGE impact for my little shop! Drastic reduction in the number of "simple question" emails I receive that can easily be answered on the website. time is money!

BritTee's
April 12, 2021

GREAT, This app is very very helpful I have no issues, It is amazing, this will help against buybacks and fraud thank you!

Soleful Shoe Boutique