This app duplicates the product you want to make free and then adds it LIVE to your website! Customers can add the product at $0.00 and checkout without hitting the sales motivator threshold. It also displays an incredibly unprofessional looking message in the duplicated product description about how it should not be deleted and is a hidden motivator product - again all live for customers to search for and view on our site. If you hide the free product then the free gift malfunctions and will not be added even to qualifying orders. Very bad user experience for us and our customers. Will be uninstalling and looking for a free gift app elsewhere.
I used this app to gift our customers a free gift card when they hit a certain order value. Two major flaws I encountered with this app:
1) My store is in USD but we do get Canadian customers who checkout in CAD. I set the goal to be USD1000 in order to receive the gift card. However, the app does not differentiate currencies so it issued my Canadian customers the free gift when it hit CAD1000 in order value. For those who are familiar with USD to CAD conversion, CAD1000 is worth like not even USD800 so I lost out on my promotion :(
2) I have 3 different goal levels and the customer is only supposed to receive 1 gift, whichever closest goal is met. The app ended up issuing my customer multiple gifts for EACH goal they achieved. The app's support page specifically mentions that they can do tiered goals but this does not appear to be the case. I've reached out to support 3 days ago and the problem still has not been resolved. So right now, I have to send my customer an email apologizing for the multiple gift offers and that I have to remove the extra gift. I wish this app was better built. I use other Bold products and trusted them. This was a rather disappointing experience.
Thank you for your honest feedback. Our development team is constantly working to improve our apps. The feedback you've provided will go towards bettering Sales Motivator going forward.
Does NOT work for me. The motivator banners are inconsistent. The Free gift never appears in the cart. Installation is clumsy forcing the Shopify store owner to manually enter Liquid code. Bad banner behavior:
- No Initial Message banner when visiting the store homepage or product page
- After adding an item to the cart the Follow Up banner IS displayed on the Cart page
- After clicking CONTINUE SHOPPING or return to homepage no banner is displayed
- After adding a second item to the cart to complete the goal the Congratulations banner is displayed on the cart page NO FREE GIFT:
However, the free gift is NOT added to the cart. After clicking Update Cart and/or Checkout the free gift is NOT shown in the cart or checkout page. Also, any Goal I have created can not be deleted. The Trash icon button does not work. I tried to disabled the goal to avoid customer confusion but it continued to display on my store. I finally had to delete the app and will manually remove the liquid code.
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. Very sorry that the app did not meet your expectations, rest assured our developers are constantly working on app updates. Thank you for giving the app a shot, best of luck!
The app is nice as long it is working. So far the created goal has stopped prematurely every time we created a new onel. We have contacted Bold several times but no one there seems to care enough to fix the issue.
We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. Terribly sorry for any missed correspondence, we truly care about resolving the issues you are experiencing and to be sure that you are happy. We really appreciate the feedback thank you.
I've used this app to offer various free merchandise type gifts to increase order value. We recently changed theme and I realised I needed to reinstall the code the day before Black Friday. I got stuck with the cart code and couldn't get it working, thankfully Paul from the Bold support team jumped right on it and had this resolved for me within an hour. I'm so impressed by the service, the Bold team really helped me out and now hopefully we're all set for a huge weekend! Thanks Team Bold!!
James, Sauce Shop. www.sauceshop.co