Bold Sales Motivator

Bold Sales Motivator | Reviews

by BOLD

Drive average order value with geo-fenced free shipping bar.

Rugs by Roo

I used this app to gift our customers a free gift card when they hit a certain order value. Two major flaws I encountered with this app:
1) My store is in USD but we do get Canadian customers who checkout in CAD. I set the goal to be USD1000 in order to receive the gift card. However, the app does not differentiate currencies so it issued my Canadian customers the free gift when it hit CAD1000 in order value. For those who are familiar with USD to CAD conversion, CAD1000 is worth like not even USD800 so I lost out on my promotion :(
2) I have 3 different goal levels and the customer is only supposed to receive 1 gift, whichever closest goal is met. The app ended up issuing my customer multiple gifts for EACH goal they achieved. The app's support page specifically mentions that they can do tiered goals but this does not appear to be the case. I've reached out to support 3 days ago and the problem still has not been resolved. So right now, I have to send my customer an email apologizing for the multiple gift offers and that I have to remove the extra gift. I wish this app was better built. I use other Bold products and trusted them. This was a rather disappointing experience.

Oktopolis

Does NOT work for me. The motivator banners are inconsistent. The Free gift never appears in the cart. Installation is clumsy forcing the Shopify store owner to manually enter Liquid code. Bad banner behavior:
- No Initial Message banner when visiting the store homepage or product page
- After adding an item to the cart the Follow Up banner IS displayed on the Cart page
- After clicking CONTINUE SHOPPING or return to homepage no banner is displayed
- After adding a second item to the cart to complete the goal the Congratulations banner is displayed on the cart page NO FREE GIFT:
However, the free gift is NOT added to the cart. After clicking Update Cart and/or Checkout the free gift is NOT shown in the cart or checkout page. Also, any Goal I have created can not be deleted. The Trash icon button does not work. I tried to disabled the goal to avoid customer confusion but it continued to display on my store. I finally had to delete the app and will manually remove the liquid code.

April 27, 2021

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. Very sorry that the app did not meet your expectations, rest assured our developers are constantly working on app updates. Thank you for giving the app a shot, best of luck!

Tea Desire

The app is nice as long it is working. So far the created goal has stopped prematurely every time we created a new onel. We have contacted Bold several times but no one there seems to care enough to fix the issue.

April 27, 2021

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. Terribly sorry for any missed correspondence, we truly care about resolving the issues you are experiencing and to be sure that you are happy. We really appreciate the feedback thank you.

Sauce Shop

I've used this app to offer various free merchandise type gifts to increase order value. We recently changed theme and I realised I needed to reinstall the code the day before Black Friday. I got stuck with the cart code and couldn't get it working, thankfully Paul from the Bold support team jumped right on it and had this resolved for me within an hour. I'm so impressed by the service, the Bold team really helped me out and now hopefully we're all set for a huge weekend! Thanks Team Bold!!
James, Sauce Shop. www.sauceshop.co

BIOEFFECT

I used this app to help me do promo bars. I really like how it does promote sales. It would be nice if it did the installation process better.

Milton & Goose

We're still playing around with it and will update if there's an issue, but Hamza at customer service was AMAZING in helping us out when we were under a time crunch. Thank you for the great customer support!

Virginia Boys Kitchens

review update: 9/11 - customer support reached out right away today and installed the app on my account. I just tested it and it works perfectly. great concept and I love the bar that appears at the top that dynamically updates each time a customer add something to cart "hey you're only ____ away from getting a free ____". it definitely helps motivate higher avg cart values.

I currently use other BOLD COMMERCE apps as well - it's actually nice to have a company that has a multitude of apps because you can be sure that there's no app incompatibility issues. I've had my fair share of having to remove code / remove this app / that app, due to incompatibility issues. So it's nice to know that when I install a new Bold Commerce app, I know it'll work with no compatibility issues.

original review:
If you need to use this app to give away a free product it requires a manual installation to your theme - and they want $10 for it. I have never had to pay extra for an app to help install their stuff on my shopify, but whatever. I was okay with this, I get it. So i followed the directions exactly and added their support email account as a staff account in my shopify site. 9 days go by and no one has bothered to accept the invitation. I emailed support and no one bothers to respond there either.

you cannot use an app that is this bad at customer service - if you have tech issues, dont expect any help.

Guy Harvey

Was able to update my theme code quickly in an effort to get my promotion going fast! Highly recommend! They are a pleasure to work with and boost sales greatly!

Thanks Naman!!!!

Despacito Cigars

Works great and really fast, competent customer support by Harpreet. Can definitely recommend the application so far. Well done!

Mila.Vert

I am using Bold Sales app for few months now. In general it is ok, support is good and quick. App is easy to and intuitive. But there are two missing things within the app, firs is that it doesn't show free gift regular price and reduced price. I think this should be there by default. Second thing is, that customers can not select colour variant of free gift. Because of this they receive 4 out of 5 stars and I hope they fix it in the future.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 51 52