What's New — Updated on May 31, 2018
VITALS is now enabled for checkout - you can now use some apps in checkout as well! Show the cart reserved countdown timer, display trust badges and payment methods logos.
"A 100-millisecond delay in website load time can hurt conversion rates by 7 percent"
A report published in 2007 by Akamai, the leading Content Delivery Network, shows that an insignificant delay of 1/10 of a second causes a decrease in conversion rate by 7%. Even more, a two-second delay in web page load time increase bounce rates by 103 percent.
Let's say you have installed a few apps on your store, providing some of these features:
- allow currency conversion
- display product reviews
- create a countdown timer until an offer expires
- display trust badges and payment method logos
- add a bar on top of your site to offer discount codes
- protect your content from being copied
If you have an app for each of these features, you should know that they are all loaded from different servers, in different locations around the world. The page will not finish loading until all of the apps do - and usually the front-facing apps are the reason for the long load time of the stores.
And remember that most of your traffic is mobile-based. Another stat published by Akamai, in the same report, is that 53 percent of mobile site visitors will leave a page that takes longer than three seconds to load. If you are dropshipping for instance, most of your traffic is coming from Facebook or Instagram influences, so you probably have about 80% mobile traffic.
And now imagine you can load only one app instead of all of them. With state-of-the-art caching, served from data-centers all around the world.
This app includes ALL these AWESOME features:
- Product Reviews - Product reviews that help your customers trust the quality and purchase.
- Smart Bar - A really smart bar that displays your messages, promotions, subscriptions and more
- Cart Reserved - Create urgency by mentioning that the products are reserved only for a limited time after being added to cart
- Countdown Timer - A beautiful countdown timer for your discounted products, that works right out of the box
- Autocomplete Search - Help your customers instantly find the products they are looking for
- Trust Seals and Badges - Badges that help your shop stand out and easily gain customers trust
- Payment Logos - Logos for various payment methods supported by your shop
- Content Protection - A suite of protection features, like hiding your bestsellers and disabling copy of text and images
- Quick Access Links - The admin bar you always wanted, loaded with lots of shortcuts
- Make Add to Cart Sticky - Help your customers by keeping the add to cart always visible on mobile devices
- Cookies Bar - A discreet cookie bar as required by the EU law, only visible to EU visitors
- Remove Best Selling - Competitors are spying on your store right now. Time to make them stop
- Page Title on Inactive Tab - Customers left the tab? Don't worry, we're doing our best to get them back
- Change Favicon on Cart - Animate your favicon when customers add products to cart. So that more of them finalize the checkout
- Animate the Add to Cart Button - Make it bounce, make it slide, just make sure it's catching the eye
- Related Products - Show complementary products bought by other people at the end of every product page
- Social Media Buttons - Help your customers share your products on their favourite social media channels
- Remove PayPal from Cart - No more PayPal button in cart. You know what we mean
- Remove Powered By Shopify - We all love Shopify, sometime you might not want to tell this to everybody else
- Back to Top button - When you scroll down, a small button shows up guiding you back to top
- Open External Links in New Tabs - Make sure your customers don't leave the store when clicking around
- Agree to Terms and Conditions - Need a clar approval of your terms and conditions? Make sure you get it.
- Quick Checkout - Redirect the customer directly to checkout, by skipping the cart page
Aaaaand we're already working on 3 more apps!
One of the most important advantages of VITALS is that all these apps work flawlessly together. No more overlapping between the bars and notifications :)
Why pay more when you can pay less?
An interesting Shopify stat shows that stores have 4 apps installed on average. After working with a lot of dropshipping companies, where impulse buying is extremely important, we’ve seen lots of cases with 15-20 apps installed.
While we haven't built every imaginable app, we're doing our best to constantly add apps to VITALS. And we are 100% sure that paying one small monthly fee has its benefits over subscribing to more than 30 apps. We've done our math and VITALS saves you over $1,100 / year in other apps expenses.
App suggestions? They're welcome
We've implemented a "Suggest a feature" module in the app. The most up-voted suggestions will be developed by us with top priority. We think it's a fair trade - you get involved in shaping the feature of VITALS and we give you what you really need.