Original Wheelio spin pop‑ups

Create a totally custom gamified pop-up for Email & SMS & FB

From $14.92/month. 7-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

Volstead

The app has great potential, however there were 2 main issues that lead to me uninstalling the app:

1) App allows fake email addresses to be used.
After having people spin the wheel multiple times and tell us they had won one prize then claimed a different one, we investigated. It turned out people were spinning repeatedly using variations of emails. I then checked this, as we had some people use around 20 variations, and used a fake version of my work email, which allowed the wheel to spin. These emails were being collected and skewing the results, meaning we were collecting very little relevant data in comparison to the data that Wheelio boasts about.

2) There is no limit to how many times an email can be submitted. Again, we had one client use their email 18 times to win the prize they wanted. This was done repeatedly within a 10 min period, despite us setting the app to not show for 14 days after it had been spun. Again, I wanted to make sure, so used my own email multiple times to make sure this is the case.

All in all, Wheelio have an app that could be great. But due to the issues, it invalidates all their stats, and lost us money on giveaways and discounts that slipped through the net before we discovered the issues.

June 10, 2020

Hi,

just wanted to clarify that our app has a feature for not allowing duplicate emails, you just had to enable it. Also we have a feature for validating emails from the best outside service available, also you have to enable it.

As for the protection for someone seeing wheelio multiple times, its only possible if the user clears all the cookies and visits in incognito mode, which is not preventable by any means possible, since it would violate GDPR and all other privacy rules and laws.

Im sorry but you simply didnt use the app properly or enough to make a statement like this. If you need help with the setup, let us know, we have live chat support willing to help.

Good luck

JaopaShipment

I like this program very much. Because it makes customers interested in buying the product within my web site.

Buynightfood

stat interface not great, minimal ability to customize. Seems like there are alot of improvements that could make it so much better and more effective.

Still does seem to help drive list building and conversions.

365premiumstuff

Wheelio now turns into a website speed killer. Makes all that loading slow as hell. I guess Ill never use again

November 17, 2020

Hello,

we pride ourselves in making Wheelio light as possible and that is has minimal effect on your site speed. If you test our app, you can see it is the lightest possible optin available for this quality and that your site is slow because of other apps.

Best to test with GTmetrix or similar programs so identify bottlenecks. If you need help, let us know and we can help.

Have a great day,
Karlo

Terra Flow Hydro

Great app!. Does what it says it can do and then some. Good addition to any e-commerce site.

E Shop Ivoire

A very powerful apps. Do no hesitate with it

Weloveshoppingnow

Be careful! They just want your money.

November 17, 2020

Hi,

the app has a free trial for 7 days and after that we are still really low priced for what we offer. It is not our fault you didnt read the pricing and was charged by Shopify for the usage.

Hope you understand how not fair is this review.

Have a great day,
Karlo

Grove Mountain

I'm still in the trial period and I just started
so it is too early to say. We will see...

Japri Designs

I have not used the app yet but I am very happy with the functionality and the customisation features so I'm giving this 4* until I see how it performs over a week :)

Delusionalapparel

Fantastic application, but it is ridiculously expensive for a minimal program. I am considering a cheaper option