Automatic Discounts & Gifts

Automatic Discounts & Gifts | Reviews

by Tabarnapp

Black Friday Deals - Tiered Discounts + Gifts + Free Shipping

Moraletags Com

Did exactly what it said it would!!!

My Dreamy Star

After my first attempt to install this app it wouldn't work but after a quick uninstall and reinstall it works perfectly!

Elitesrs Fitness

This app is OK... pretty much the only app I could find that would do quantity discounts well without a crazy amount of install code. However, it has a couple major issues:
1) For quantity discounts, it will show the customers the discount at checkout but not on the cart page. This causes confusion with our customers as they are wondering why the discount isn't applied.
2) It shows the coupon code at checkout. This makes it very easy for someone to simply copy the code, change the qty in the cart, and checkout with a big discount. For instance, there is nothing that prevents someone from adding 5 items to their cart, getting the code, removing 4 items, pasting the code in the discount box, and checking out with the 5 qty discount with only 1 item.
3) The biggest issue: you can't offer qty discounts on multiple individual items. Shopify only allows one discount to be applied per transaction, so you can only have one discount applied. This prevents someone from getting discounts for multiple different items with tiered pricing.

My hunch is that most of these issues are problems with the shopify platform, as all of these quantity discount apps seem to have the same limitations. Shopify needs to fix this.

April 16, 2019

Hi, thanks for the review.

1) We do have a way to show the discount and savings in the cart page, using the "Display Savings" add-on feature. We also built a new app called Carter that allows to display a coupon field in cart (page or drawer).

2) You can now add a restriction inside the Shopify discount itself, using a Minimum quantity required, for example.

3) Indeed Shopify still only allows one coupon code per order.

Art By Kathleen Maunder

I appreciate this app as I was looking for a way to give my Canadian customers an automatic discount to help counter the low value of the Canadian dollar. Derek responds quickly to questions.

At this time, the discount only appears after the customer clicks the checkout button. It would be much better if the discount appeared at the cart stage and I hope that they can make this improvement in the future.

Www Indiethnicwear Com

The app was not working properly earlier, might be a reason I was not using it in a correct manner. But from last one week it's working perfectly fine. I made the changes today in my discounts and in a span of 2 min changes took place and automatic discount was applied.

Luxtshirt

Simple yet effective. We made a promo where you buy 3 t-shirts, and you get $10 off. That alone boosted our sales by over 10%!

Treasure Brokers

Works Great! Just what we needed!

Don't need the rules as of yet.. but good to know there there when the need comes

Would be great to have a $99 one time unlock or something rather than monthly?

Shacksante

So simple, so great! En plus ils offrent du support en français! Au début l'app ne fonctionnait pas car notre boutique était "Coming Soon". Mais Derek au support nous a dit sur Slack d'enlever l'option "storefront password" et ensuite tout a fonctionné parfaitement!

Designs By Dees Hands 2

Good concept but the app does not work properly and support was non-existent. I set the rate and when I closed the app it stopped working. Seems to be full of bugs.

April 16, 2019

We improved the app a lot since 2016. We grew the team as well, for a better support. Let us know if you want to give it another try.

Createpros

We needed automatic discounting when a customer buys 2 or more of the same item. This app does the job. Derek and team respond fast if you need support.