Digital Downloads , 408 reviews

2.8
April 28, 2021

Used to work just fine, but now doesn't work on Safari at all (yes - I have the latest version), nor does it work on Chrome. Can't add attachments at all. And no help from developer.

tribeyarns
Shopify replied May 15, 2021

Hi, there. Thank you for sharing the feedback. Safari and Chrome are two of our supported browsers. However, if the issue is persisting with the updated browsers, then I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team directly here: https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V. Thanks! -Elias, Shopify Support

Edited December 6, 2020

If I could give this app zero stars I would. First off my attachments were wiped from all my products over 1700...they say the app does not store the attachments anywhere so there is no way to retrieve them. Secondly when I open the app it shows all my products have an attachment when hardly any of them do at this point. This has been a complete and total nightmare and has cost me big time in loosing sales. Considering this app is made by shopify I am pretty shocked at how bad it is. I would not recommend this app to anyone. Oh and I have also reached out twice with no response.

On The Fritts Designs
Shopify replied December 11, 2020

Thank you for leaving this detailed review. It sounds like you've had a really difficult time with Digital Downloads, and I'd like to speak with you directly to look into this situation and ensure you receive the support you need. I'm going to reach out to you via email so that we can discuss this further. I'll be in touch soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

August 21, 2021

Used to work great. Now all of a sudden it doesn't work with Shopify Lite even though it says it's compatible. Customers are given an error message that says "shop doesn't have a website yet" when they click the link in their email to download their purchase.

Healing in the Hebrew Months
Shopify replied August 24, 2021

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this issue but thank you for notifying us of this here in your review. The app can still be used for merchants on the Lite plan, although this error can occur when the app is pointing the customer back to an online store link that does not exist.

To prevent this from happening, you can edit the email template for digital downloads and change {{ attachment.shop_url }} to {{ attachment.url }}. This should bypass the need for the customer to visit the online store and instead send them a direct link to download the file.

I hope this helps, but if you are still having issues please contact our support team directly for further assistance: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. They'll be able to authenticate you on your store and look into resolving this issue for you. -Victor, Shopify Support

August 12, 2020

Incompatible with Safari. I've reached out to Shopify support about this issue but what you would think would be a fluid conversation takes DAYS for a response and no solution has been achieved or discussed.

Nick Noir
About 2 years using the app
Shopify replied September 1, 2020

Hi, there! I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble contacting us - our support is experiencing large volumes of requests at the moment, so it may take longer than usual for someone to reply if you've reached out via email. If you need urgent support, I'd suggest starting a live chat with us, or reaching out on Facebook or Twitter.

We typically recommend using the admin with Google Chrome, however you should be able to use the app in Safari without any issues if you prefer that browser. You likely need to clear your Safari cache and cookies or disable a browser extension or ad blocker - I'll reach out to you via email shortly and we can do some troubleshooting together. Speak soon! - Brie, Shopify Support

January 15, 2020

This app isn't working... Emails showing "not sent". I made a promo for customers to get a free eBook with purchase of a particular product, and none of them are receiving the emails...

Love For Leggings
April 5, 2017

App currently does not allow you to add downloads to a product, at least for me. Has worked well in the past but now is not functioning.

The Carolina Atc
Edited March 4, 2021

Basic functionality is missing and the app is not updated by the developer. I gave the following feedback several months ago: 1) You should be able to remove uploads 2) You should be able to set a fixed download expiration date after a purchase (e.g. 30 days) 3) You should be able to download from a purchased download-link even after a product has been deleted in store 4) You should be able to have different languages in the download mail 5) You should be able to send a file instead of a download link 6) You should be able to open the app in the Safari browser. I hope you will implement some of these features soon. 7) A column with “Upload Date” could also be useful in the dashboard. 8) And a column with "Sales Download Completed %” so you could see how many of the buyers that succeeded in downloading 9) And a column with a status on the product (as just implemented with "active" and “drafted”) with the addition of “deleted” 10) Name should be “product” and another column should be “variant” instead of the “-“ separator 11) “Attachment” should be renamed to “attachment file name”

Flettede Fugle
Denmark
Shopify replied November 13, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for letting us know about the areas where you'd like to see the app improve. I'll be sending your feedback along to our developers so that our team can get a better idea of the features that merchants like yourself are looking for. - Oliver, Shopify Support

December 20, 2018

Doesn't Work over a few GB & support takes days to reply, although it doesn't tell you this initally, and will let you spend hours uploading before stopping it.

VishuddhaDas
Edited December 15, 2021

Stopped working in December 2021. Cannot add new files! Waiting for support! Pretty easy to setup! I had no idea when I migrated from WEEBLY that my digital downloads DID NOT migrate.

Deja Drewit
February 12, 2019

I should have listened to the reviews. Worked for an hour to get the app going with a product then it wouldn't deliver the download. Awful! Shopify should have something better than this do deliver digitals!

Banjo Earth