Attach files to your products
Digital attachments are linked to a variant on a particular product and will track sales and downloads.
Customers get files instantly
Your customers get a direct download after checkout, and an emailed link.
Automatically send updates
Updating the attached file can automatically send an updated download link to your customers.
About Digital Downloads
Shopify's Digital Downloads app is a free, easy to use app that allows you to offer digital products in your Shopify store.
- Digital attachments are linked to a variant on a particular product
- Mix and match a product to have physical and digital products
- Your customers get a direct download after checkout, and an emailed link
- Set download limits as needed
The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.
Most recent reviews
Problems, problems, problems. Use the other Digital Downloads apps instead. I changed to one of the other ones and it worked straight away.
Hey, there. Sorry to hear that you've encountered so many problems with our app. If you run into any issues with our app, our Support team is always available to assist you. To get in touch with our Support team, please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/3eNr2bD) and log into your account to create a support request. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support
So far, my customers are getting their downloads. I reached out to customer service regarding a server error I am getting on Safari and Firefox and that the app does not function properly on either of those browsers. They did ask for screenshots of the error message, which I just sent them. However, I don't believe they're going to fix the problem on either of those browsers based their responses so far.
Hi there. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review and provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, however. I hope that our live support team is able to take a closer look once they receive the screenshots you took.
That said, something else you can try is re-installing the app to see if you are still getting the same issue upon re-installation. I also suggest clearing all your browser history, cookies and cache before doing so. Thanks again for your review! -Marty, Shopify Support.
1) App does not open in Safari at all. Developers do not care
2) Impossible to search for a specific order, which is needed when proving chargeback cases, i.e. that a customer has downloaded the product
3) Does not work properly in chrome. When you press add a download, it will go to all downloads and then you have to click back to actually upload a digital file that you wanted to add to a product. Conclusion: it's clear that the app has not been updated for ages.
Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share this feedback. We can't be sure why it's not working on Safari, as it could be related to the browser settings. However, there are some great suggestions here, such as being able to search for specific orders or improve the functionality on Chrome, and we'd be happy to share your feedback with our developers. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support