Digital Downloads

Rating (3.1)
Developer
3.1
January 23, 2023

I don't understand what the new app accomplishes. I can no longer get unique download links for customers who need to re-download the program. What does this revision do?

Peak Performance Sports, LLC
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
January 19, 2023

Honestly, this app worked beautifully from 2017 - 2022.
Then they updated it, now it takes forever to upload anything, Then near the end says upload failed, constantly crashes, doesn't deliver my files to the customers, and has me pulling my hair out in frustration. I am only now reviewing it because it worked fine before! Come on guys, please fix this! And don't say, oh its fine from our end. It's not acceptable. I am only giving it 2 stars because it worked well for a few years. Now it drives me insane! Is it because it's free? I am happy to pay for an app that actually works! Please fix this!

ATP Textures
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
January 16, 2023

I don't know if it's just me, but I've been using this app recently, but I kept getting a 504 Gateway timeout message. Then it told me the app was outdated. But after a while, the app worked absolutely fine. Is the app working OK?

Laura's Crafted Collectibles
Time spent using app: About 1 year
January 3, 2023

Unfortunately this app doesn't work for us as we have 15 variants per product and need to send the same digital download to anyone purchasing a specific product regardless of the variant they've purchased.

This means we have to tediously add the same download file to each of the 15 variants, for over 80 products! And potentially more as our site grows.

Ideally, we should be able to upload a digital file and have the choice whether it should apply to all the variants of that product, or certain variants.

A simple checkbox mechanism could achieve this with the question: should this digital download apply to all {x} variants? If checked then we upload our file. If unchecked then we add our files to the respective variants, or different download files to specific variants as is the case with the app currently.

YGGYOLD
Time spent using app: 2 months
Shopify replied January 23, 2023

Hey, there. Thanks so much for taking the time and sharing this feedback. We can see how being able to apply a single file when working with many variants can improve the workflow in your use-case, and we'd be happy to share your feedback as a feature request with our development team. Cheers. -Elias, Shopify Support

December 20, 2022

Useful app for my site - but there was a recent change where download file purchases can no longer be automatically flagged as Fulfilled. Is it possible to provide this option again?

PastPros
Time spent using app: About 5 years
Shopify replied January 11, 2023

Hey, there! This update only applies for bundled digital and physical products - you should still be able to automatically flag single file purchases as fulfilled. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team and let us know! - Brie

December 19, 2022

The app seems to work fine! When you upload a pdf file to a product it will be sent to the buyers e-mail.
The only issue that I had is that I want the pdf to show up at the products so my customers can download it for free (if they want) before buying the product. But anyway this is a free app so I am thankful anyway.

SmartElectros
Sweden
Time spent using app: About 2 months
December 1, 2022

I am enjoying this component, and I want to suggest, perhaps add on a couple functions to make it an even better experience for users. 1. File Uploaded Timestamp
2. Auto Or Manual Expiration Date for once order has been created. For example, download link only works for 7 days., etc

臺灣工商網
Taiwan
Time spent using app: 10 months
Shopify replied January 15, 2023

Hi, there! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with our team. We are always looking to improve our product and offerings, and we can only do that by listening to real merchants like you.

I will be sure to pass your comments along to our product development team for consideration. Thank you again. -Olivia, Shopify Support

November 14, 2022

Funktioniert soweit ganz gut. Ist es möglich 1 Download pro Kauf einzubauen?
Bis jetzt leider noch nicht. Die Anzeige direkt nach dem kauf ist nur auf Englisch möglich, mehr Einfluss auf das Design wäre auch nichtt schlecht.

FABIG-ShopBox
Germany
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
October 25, 2022

HORRIBLE APP FULLFILLS FRAUD ORDERS!! ANYONE WITH A STOLEN CREDIT CARD CAN ORDER YOUR ITEMS AND DOWNLOAD THEM!!! THEN A FEW DAYS LATER SHOPIFY WILL STEAL THE MONEY BACK FROM YOU AND CHARGE YOU A $15 CHARGE ON TOP OF GETTING YOUR ITEMS STOLEN!! THEY KNOW WHATS GOING ON AND STILL CONTINUE TO LET THIS HAPPEN!! DISGUSTING!!!! EMAILED THEM MANY TIMES AND CONTACTED SUPPORT OVER A DOZEN TIMES!! I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER BY THE FRAUD CUSTOMER AND BY SHOPIFY!!

famoushustle
Time spent using app: 10 months
Shopify replied December 1, 2022

Hi there, Famoushustle. Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We're sad to hear about this situation with your shop. Situations like this can be frustrating, and we do our best to equip businesses with the tools needed to avoid fulfilling orders like this. As a reminder, Shopify will flag suspected fraudulent orders for you with different levels of likelihood. If you're falling victim to fraudsters purchasing your digital downloads, consider changing your download settings to require manual fulfillment. This will let you review fraud indicators and determine if the person purchasing is a legitimate customer. You can refer to this document here for advice on how to enable this setting: https://bit.ly/3H26Zod. Thanks again for your review! -Imogen, Shopify Support

October 20, 2022

The app works, but you can attach only one file (or I haven't been able to find a way to attach more.
I sell digital products with a PDF manual, and it would be nice to have the option to attach more than one file.

Dreamframer Art
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Shopify replied November 1, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and I'm glad to hear that the Digital Downloads app has been working well for you. At this time, you are correct that it is not possible to add multiple files to a single product, and I can see why this feels restrictive. I will pass on your suggestion to our development team for them to consider. -Victor, Shopify Support