Gelato: Print on Demand

Gelato: Print on Demand | Reviews

by Gelato

Sell globally, print locally with 100+ hubs in 33 countries

CalebGannon

I've been using this app to sell art prints and have been really enjoying it. The decentralized production model is something that I really love both from a cost/time savings standpoint but also it is so much better for the environment. The paper prints have always been fantastic, but I have had quite a few hiccups with metal prints along the way (my first order was a metal print and they sent me someone else's piece, the replacement had holes cut in it for acrylic prints. And a third order more recently had no mounts included). Each one was fully refunded and replaced very quickly, and my customers have so far had no problems like this whatsoever after a year of selling on here. TLDR: The idea behind this app is fantastic, the products are great, there may be a few hiccups but so far it has definitely been worthwhile.

November 18, 2021

Hi Caleb, thank you for reviewing and for choosing Gelato to support your business! We’re happy to hear that our team was able to resolve any reported issues quickly for you. We are always working to improve and will continue supporting you 24/7 as you grow your business. Kind regards, Adeline

Egillustrerer

Very happy with Gelato. Customer support is great and the website (hub) is easy to use. I would like the mock-ups to have a bit more variety. But I am currently using other services for this :)

November 17, 2021

Hello and thank you for your review. We're thrilled to hear that you are enjoying our platform and support. Do know that we are working to provide more mock-ups for our customers in the near future. We're always here 24/7 whenever you need help! Kind regards, Adeline

Mugsattacks

Gelato has very high quality products for print on demand, a very simple interface, and simple and transparent ordering

November 7, 2021

Hi, we’re so pleased to hear that you are enjoying our integration and the products we are offering. Thank you so much for the support. Feel free to reach out if you require any help. Kind regards, Adeline

Lean Change Management Association

** Update ** - I'm leaving my original comment, but the folks at Gelato called me to chat about this problem and fixed it! They just released an update so digital products are ignored in their system automatically so if you have a customer who buys physical and digital in the same order, they can get the digital stuff right away. This was AMAZING to see. Every company needs product people like this so I've changed my 1 star to a 5 star. **original comment** - Pay extra attention if you have digital and physical products with multiple variants. This integration is confusing to work with and clunky. Example: someone ordered digital and physical products in the same order and Gelato won't fulfil it until the digital products exist in their store but are 'ignored'. I think I'm going to move everything to Red Bubble. The integration of variants is confusing as well. You need to create the product in Gelato, then create a variant in Shopify, then go back to Gelato and create the variant product when Gelato detects it doesn't exist. I'd look elsewhere if you are looking at drop shipping. Product selection isn't great either, I only used this because it was integrated with Shopify and thought it would be easy.

November 2, 2021

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're happy and available to support you and your business 24/7! Kind Regards, Monika Gelato Support

wallprint.photo

I was working for 4 hours on a calendar, page crashed, all work was gone. Nothing was saved on this app, not even early stages development of this calendar, all my work for nothing. Does it mean that you need to work on everything and only during one session, then publish it on your store in order to view and edit it again??? Or maybe, i did not reach that point... any clarification about that? I did not dare creating any other product after this.

November 2, 2021

Hi,

Firstly, we are very sorry to hear that you have had this experience. I can understand how frustrating this must be.

Your feedback is valid and very insightful for us. Our development team is looking to see how we can implement features with our editor to improve this experience for you and all our customers. We have reached out to you by email and shared possibilities to upload PDF, or save the designs in the editor. We are awaiting your response. Know that you can reply to us via email or call anytime.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to turn your experience into a positive one.

Monika
Gelato Support

Hop Lexington

Gelato can be good, but it can also be very bad. I was having a great experience for the first week, then Gelato started cancelling orders without notice (Customer pays, Gelato prints, Gelato Cancels without reason). Shipping time takes about 14 days for most of our orders, unwarranted cancellations have spontaneously shown up, and the live chat support has been useless as well. I do not recommend this app, use printful or a more reputable company.

October 30, 2021

Hi,

Firstly, we are very sorry that you have experienced this problem. Thank you for your time on the phone to provide more details - we appreciate the feedback very much as it helps us to build a better service for you and all our customers. As we discussed, few of your recent orders are re-routed to a different production partner and we expect the order to be delivered soon. We will track and followup until the order is delivered.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and  for helping us to improve.

Kyle
Customer Service Manager

Custom Made CM

I use this help to help add products to shopify and it is really easy to do.
I like how we have all the products to choose from such a variety.

October 21, 2021

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to be supporting the growth of your Shopify store. We've got many new products coming soon, so there'll be even more variety to choose from and offer your customers. Please feel free to reach out to our team anytime if you need support! Best wishes, Alyssa

Ctrl Art Del

UPDATE:
I had a chat with customer service and the problem was solved. It was a glitch, a pretty annoying one but just a glitch! Everything else has been going well since and customer service was extremely nice. So far so good :) This app is so problematic! It went into some of my shopify settings and changed them, for example it changed the fulfillment of some random products of MINE to gelato for no reason, causing people to not be able to purchase them from my store anymore and making me lose sales! HOW RANDOM IS THAT?? Not to mention how hard it is to ignore products on the platform. Jeez. Can't wait for calendar season to be over so I can erase it and never use it again.

October 16, 2021

Hi,

Firstly, I apologise for the technical issues you faced related to fulfilment of some of your products. We appreciate the feedback very much - it is feedback like this that helps us to improve.

I reached out to you yesterday as we would like to support you and resolve the issues you faced, but we unfortunately have not heard back. Please know that you can reach out to me directly at any time (I provided my phone number and contact details in the email I sent) if you would like to give us a chance to earn your trust. I look forward to connecting with you soon.

Pradeep
SVP Customer Success

PawsyPrints

I have worked with a few of the biggest POD apps for years and then I stumbled across Gelato. I have been working with them for a few months now and i would have to say they are great. they are willing to help you solve all issues you may have, they helped improved my systems and saved me a ridiculous amount of money. if you are running a pod store definitely download this app

September 15, 2021

Thank you so much for your review! Our team is always here to support you, and we're happy to be your partner as you continue to scale and grow your POD store. Please feel free to reach out to us if you ever need anything - we're here 24/7!
Best wishes, Alyssa

I. Greatness

I have no complaints, I'm extremely happy with the service.
So many designs to choose from, very easy to use and upload new products.

September 15, 2021

Thank you for your review! We're so glad to hear that you're happy with the service, designs and platform. We've got even more great new designs, features, and products coming up in the upcoming weeks and months. Reach out to us anytime if you need support!
Best wishes, Alyssa