Gelato: Print on Demand

Gelato: Print on Demand

by Gelato

Dropshipping from centers in 32 countries - 72 hrs delivery

Doenvang

They have a really good team, from customer service to technical department and everyone is very helpful. Products are high quality and as far as i experienced until now is they are keep developing new solutions, new products.

January 18, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for the extremely energizing feedback! I will pass it on to the relevant teams.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything else we can do to support you.

Looking forward to a long-term collaboration!

VisualArtCreative

I had a lot of conversation with Gelato about a few issues, one of which was never resolved. Pros:
-Quality prints (sample test);
-Very fast service in the USA and a satisfied customer (one sale only with Gelato);
-Good communication (chat help line);
-Integration with Shopify works well. Cons:
-Prices are constantly changing;
-A price bug (big increase) which was fixed a few days later (after multiple communications);
-Problem of shipping to Canada - more than a month for delivery with Purolator - it's important to me, I am Canadian;
- Inability to integrate with Amazon. In summary, I am satisfied, but since I have Canadian and American customers, the delivery time to Canada worries me. Because of this issue, I am looking for a POD that can deliver to Canada faster. Then as I will start to sell on Amazon, the fact that it does not allow integration at the moment, is not positive.

January 18, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for your review and investing time in organizing this feedback.

We recognize your frustrations and would like to bring some context and explanation - more for the future and your trust in Gelato going forward than trying to excuse ourselves for the past events.

Q4 2020 was the most difficult quarter in our history. Due to COVID-19 our supply chains were fragile and demand on delivery services and raw material led to significant price increase. We were generally helped by local production and delivered with good precision but at surcharges from all delivery suppliers. We adjusted some of our prices based upon that. Our ambition, as we move towards a more normal world, is to continue, as we always have, to provide our customers with the most competitive offer in the market.

In Canada specifically, we experienced all the challenges above and more. Weather made on-time delivery really hard. Production partners could not cope so we had to ship from the US (we are fixing this now and activating this week full production yet again in Canada. You helped us with your feedback to push for this internally in Gelato - thank you :-) )

On Amazon specifically, we actually do integrate thanks to our partnership with OrderDesk. Now, the core of your criticism is that we do not then effectively inform you and customers about that. We have worked to fix that and updated our pages on Friday, January 15th.

We have reached out to you separately to discuss and support on all of this in more detail. We will work until we have found a solution to each specific issue you have raised.

Once again, thanks for helping us become a better company!

Piazzetta Capri

For now, in addition to some delays due to the Christmas period and because of the covid, everything is going well. The products are good and of quality. I hope I have no problems in the future.

January 13, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for the great feedback you shared - it will definitely help us improve in the future - and sorry for the delays you experienced on some of your orders.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can support you further.

Looking forward to supporting your business!

The Moon Guy Shop

I have been using Gelato for a few months with mixed results. 1 - More than half of my customers' orders arrived heavily damaged - while the box was not damaged, indicating the printers damaged the product and thought it was ok to ship it like that. Thankfully, Gelato has always been very good at refunding me for replacing orders, but it has left my customers with a bad first impression. With one customer, her replacement was also damaged so I had to have a third one sent to her. It also means a lot of extra work for me. 2 - Prices for the items I sell often fluctuate - sometimes dramatically - without notice. Recently, after having gone up significantly (one item went from $43 to $62) almost all of the prices have been slowly creeping up. Making it really difficult to set my pricing and plan properly. I brought these price jumps to their attention several times and always get a generic answer like "That does look strange, we'll forward this to the appropriate department", after which I never get a satisfactory answer or solution. 3 - The aluminum prints are very nice, with great printing quality. It seems some of the sizes ship from Canada and arrive very quickly and in great condition, while other sizes ship from the US, take a long time to arrive, and almost always arrive damaged, as mentioned above. 4 - The app is good to use and the product display images are great. I would love to continue using Gelato because my customers really like the aluminum prints (when they are not damaged), but a few things are making it rather frustrating to use. I will happily change my star rating if these issues are properly resolved!
**UPDATE**
Achille from Gelato reached out to me to address my concerns and he was very patient and we had a video conversation. I really appreciate the time he took and that he followed up by explaining the price changes were caused by an introductory signup discount that had not been clearly communicated to me before. He apologized for the lack of previous communication and promised to do better in the future. He assured me that they have not had a significant number of complaints about damaged orders so it was probably just very bad luck on my part. I'm currently in the process of redesigning my shop and introducing new products so have not had more sales since to confirm that quality control is not an issue. I will update again when I've had satisfactory quality control, but as I said before, I appreciate that they always refund quickly for replacing damaged orders.

January 12, 2021

Hi,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest feedback - we really appreciate it!

At the same time, I am really sorry to hear about your experience with us so far and I would like to offer my personal support to ensure these issues are clarified and solved. In response to your points:

1. Damaged orders: I am extremely sorry that these orders were damaged - this should have never happened. I took a look at your account and your contacts to our Customer Support team and I can see 2 orders reported as damaged, both of which have been refunded. Also, we have reported this incident internally to ensure it doesn't happen again - we take these issues very seriously as we appreciate how they reflect on your customers' experience.

2. Price discrepancy: I perfectly understand how important it is for you to have stable and reliable pricing for products and shipping. I will contact you separately to ensure I have all the elements (e.g. what products and orders were affected) and then conduct an internal investigation with our pricing team to clarify what happened.

3. Aluminum prints: Here too, it would be great to know more about the specific orders for us to be able to investigate further. I will contact you separately to collect this info.

4. App and mockups: Great to hear this! I will pass the feedback on to our digital product team. I'm sure they will be thrilled to hear.

Looking forward to connecting with you to clarify the points. Once again, thanks a lot for the fantastic feedback.

Lines & Lines

First sale shipped after 24h of processing, mindblowing fast ! Amazing app for product customization etc... Just some few things to improve regarding the with/without frames for posters but overall this is a wonderful app !! The support is also amazing, don't hesitate to contact them ! Highly recommend.

January 6, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for the great feedback! We are very glad to hear that you are satisfied with our app, the shipping speed and customer support. I will definitely pass your feedback on to the relevant teams.

Let us know if you have any additional feedback or if there is anything else we can do to further support you and your business.

CityinLines

We are using the integration with Gelato for over two month now. During this time they impressed me on the ease of connecting the products + reaching the customer service with a great response time, always available and quick to reply. There is something else that is great, the delivery times change due to seasonal changes quiet often. This is something we all know of course. But they actively engage with e-mails to keep you posted on this and helping you think about solutions for your customers for this (getting notice to your customers to buy early due to delivery problems during seasonal holidays.)

December 21, 2020

Fantastic to read that you've had a great experience!
Thank you for the feedback you've sent us that has helped us to develop the platform further. Continue to send us your requests and we will continue to improve the platform.
We are here to serve you and ensure that your store becomes a success - together we will push this service forward.
Thank you again!

Best regards
Styrbjörn
Product Manager

Rørosbilder

Impressed by how easy it was to connect and get started. During implementation I had some questions regarding shipping prices and got amazing help from their support team, one person even called me to solve the issue by phone. Prices for canvas are also better than what I've seen from others, and orders have been delivered within the expected time frames. One last thing, it's been good communication around peak season delivery times.

December 17, 2020

Hi,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this review and for the feedback provided. It makes us really proud and humbled!

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any additional feedback or if there is anything else we can do to further support you and your business.

Cartoonely

Very good app, order process is fast and easy to use.
Like every app there are prons and cons, after having test them all Gelato is by far the best app.. A lot of new products and updates are coming and I am really excited to keep going in this adventure with them. I can only recommand this app. Try it before judging it.

December 15, 2020

Hi,

Thank you so much for the great review and for the feedback.

Looking forward to working with you with new exciting products and features to support your business expansion.

Kartenhandlung Rothert

Easy to handle app to sell their goods in your shop and to automate your orders. Great support, good quality, and the mindset to improve their and your business with innovation and communication. Until now no problems about rejected orders or late shipping.

December 15, 2020

Thank you for your kind words! The team and I are excited to continue to work and develop together with you. Continue to send your feedback and ideas as it will make us provide an even better service.

All the best,
Styrbjörn
Product Manager

TheCozyApparel2

AVOID THEM AT ANY COST! Gelato is a big time scammer and they have no control over their printing partners. All they do is COVID COVID COVID. They are advertising fake Dec 10 deadlines for Christmas orders and now the orders placed on Dec 3 shows estimated delivery of 29th (this is fake too and keeps on extending). They will take your money and forget about orders. 11 days and they couldn't even ship a print. And don't even try to reach out to me again. I am done with you SCAMMERS! You guys have ruined my business and they will ruin yours.

December 16, 2020

Hi,

We are sorry to read this type of review. We try to always be genuine and honest in our communication. It is extremely rare to get this type of review, but we of course will try to relate to your feelings about your experience with Gelato in a professional way.

You are obviously very frustrated about the impact of COVID-19 and so are we. We are not only frustrated, but we are deeply concerned since some of our team members and employees at our partners are impacted personally by the disease. Our priority has and will continue to be the health and safety of all team members and partners working with Gelato orders.

Some of the impact of this pandemic- apart from the well being of the community- is felt with fewer staff members at our print partners, a boom in global eCommerce, and general delays at most major logistics providers. We always seek to improve our operations and our communication with customers about their order status, but unfortunately we cannot influence these global factors impacting production and transportation.

We have identified 2 orders in your account that are delayed. We have reached out to you separately via email with an update about these 2 orders including all actions underway for the delivery of these orders.

Best Regards,