Gelato: Print on Demand

Gelato: Print on Demand

by Gelato

Dropshipping from centers in 32 countries - 72 hrs delivery

Sock+Key

I've been using Gelato almost exclusively for several months now and I very highly recommend them above all other POD services. I've tried many others. Gelato is easier to use, the customer service is 1000x better, they even called me and offered growth advice based on working with thousands of other shops and their own in-house store (in exchange for feedback on how Gelato could work better for my needs). Absolutely wonderful experience.

April 1, 2021

Thank you for your review.

We are very happy and humbled to read your recommendation of Gelato! We appreciate the feedback that you’ve found our customer support team to be helpful and that our platform is easy to use.

We already offer a broad range of products but we are continuing to expand :-) Today we launched colored mugs, foam boards, and brushed aluminum prints. Hopefully they will give you even more opportunities to scale your business.

If you have any more questions we are always here to support and guide when needed.

Best wishes,
Alyssa
Customer Success

Smooch & Pooch

Great support from the team - very competitive pricing and the shipping time is also very fast as they reduce the carbon footprint. I haven't had any issues so far but hoping to see more product availability / full stock. Highly recommend trying them out!

March 31, 2021

Thank you for your review.

We are very happy that you and your customers are enjoying the business and environmental benefits of local production and fast shipping!

We have a great roadmap of new products and features rolling out in the coming months to help grow your business even more, so you should be seeing some great new options very soon. We’re excited to hear what you think of them as they launch.

Should you have any questions we are always happy to help.

Alyssa Rivera
Customer Success

Just369.com

it is a really quality Mug and very fast shipping the printing color was very good I wish I can add the photo

March 17, 2021

Thank you for your review.

We are humbled and glad that you and your customers are satisfied with the quality of our products and the fast shipping :-)

Should you have any questions we are always happy to help!

JohnDyerGallery

Just getting started with Gelato - they called me today to offer extensive support which is wonderful so we can get our colour profiles correct. We are trialling a few of their products and have high hopes of building a wonderful business with them. We will update our review over time with how we get on, but we have made a start and their local delivery and integration with Shopify is a great benefit and much better than the competition as they produce and ship locally in so many countries. A UK customer will expect a product to ship from the UK, whilst a EU or USA customer will also expect local delivery (avoiding tax and delays) and Gelato offer this. We are excited by the potential here.

March 12, 2021

Hi,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide your detailed feedback. You have already provided fantastic insights to the team.

It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone today and learning about your plans to deliver a much better apparel experience for your customers.

Cross-continent shipments are unfortunately too common in the print-on-demand apparel industry. At Gelato, we always want to avoid this but sometimes the specific item is sold out and then we send it from other countries. The good news is that in March and April 2021 we are adding 7 new partners for apparel in the EU, North America, and South America. This will significantly reduce the risk for cross-border shipments.

It is customers like you that allow us to improve and become a better partner for our customers.

Thanks!

Yoga With Heart

What a waste of time. Uploaded this app. Found shipping costs to be better than othepr POD providers. Found the products I wanted to promote. Some had shipping costs. Others didn't. Reached out to support. Told me that they didn't have the answer. Referred to team. I decided to order the product for myself. The design template is awful. Stuck with it. Went through the whole process to be told that they don't deliver to Ireland. Approached their support via chat. Couldn't explain why the order wasn't processed. This was an order to Ireland. I decided I didn't want to waste my time trying to figure out their costing and ordering system which confuses the hell out of me. Tony Cuckson Their customer service person rang me personally. We spoke for about 30 minutes or more. Very helpful and sorted out the issues. Not often you get the customer service manager telephone personally. Has now convinced me to continue with this POD company. All the issues that caused me a problem were fixed overnight.

March 9, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and for being open to re-evaluating the rating.

The issue that prevented your order from being processed was a technical glitch which has now been solved and will be released tomorrow.

I have sent you an email and you have my contact details. Should you have any additional feedback, please feel free to reach out to us again.

Customakers

I love this app. and customer service is the best! Very responsive and helpful!The products are quality.

February 26, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words! We’re humbled to be able to support your business with our global network of print and logistics partners.

I will be sure to pass your feedback to our customer service team - they will be thrilled to hear it.

Should you have any additional feedback, please feel free to reach out to us again. Thank you for choosing Gelato to support your business!

Nelly & bros

Update 25/02/21 : so here i am updating my review again.one of there members have sorted me and very helpful advice. to be honest i may be wrong or too quick to leave them a review like the one i have left. hope fully things will move forward and i will keep update as i go.. so far very helpful thanks 24/02/21
Dont evan try this app.i have tried them for a sample order as i was not sure what they are like. i placed my order 09/02/21 but i am still waiting. they have updated the production and shipped on one day but tracking number was not giving me nothing for weeks.still i am waiting my order. today is 24th of 02 21 . so there you are

February 26, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for reconsidering and updating the review.

We are in March 2021 adding 7 new partners for apparel in the EU, North America and South America. Sometimes we are forced to ship from other countries due to our partners running out of certain items.

Although cross-continent shipments are very common in the POD apparel industry, it is something that we at Gelato always want to avoid. Centralized production leads to long delivery times, expensive delivery and unnecessary pollution.

With many more apparel partners, we will now reduce the risk of cross-continental deliveries significantly. The risk of having to ship from other countries, even continents, still exists but it will now be significantly reduced.

For your specific order unfortunately this cross-continent delivery happened. The reason was that we ran out of stock in the UK and we, therefore, routed the production to one of our facilities in the US. We are sorry that this caused frustration from your side but now you know that we are working hard to secure that this risk is significantly reduced as more and more partners are joining our network.

Thank you again for being open to re-evaluating the rating. We will now work hard in order to prove to you that we deserved it.

Project Nord (JP)

The business model is very promising but unfortunately the technical solution (including the Shopify integration) does not live up to the high expectations. Errors occur too often causing orders to fail or be charged incorrectly.
In addition to this they have severe problems with products (particularly frames) out-of-stock. There are no automatic notification neither when an item it out-of-stock or back in stock. This of course leads to bad customer experiences. Support is generally helpful but they are fixing problems that should never have occured. Once Gelato manages to finish the development of their platform they will be a powerful partner. Until then you should expect to monitor all orders manually and to spend time writing the support team.

February 22, 2021

Hi,

This feedback on stock management is well-received. Your feedback has been shared by many customers around the planet that, although they love that they finally have local production and fulfilment to 5 billion people in 30 countries, we need to fix this.

The good news is that we have spent the last months building the functionality - being released on March 12th - that will fix what you are looking for. You will also, with that release, be able to secure automatic email notifications when certain products are out of stock.

We have spent 14 years building the world’s largest global print-on-demand service. With the exponential growth we are now experiencing some of the things we need to fix are surfacing leading to powerful and valuable feedback from some of our customers and today we received it from you.

A big thank you and now all of us are looking forward to March 12th!

Best regards
Styrbjörn
Product manager

PS. Since we have been in contact before - please continue to feel free to reach out to me directly. We are here to listen to and support our customers.

Wildspread Miracles

I ordered 7 products and was charged for 15. I contacted customer service twice in the last two weeks and was told that it’s been escalated. UPDATE February 22nd: Gelato has gone over and beyond to help resolve this issue and has assured me that this was a one-time glitch in their system.

February 21, 2021

Hi

First of all, this is of course not how any customer should experience Gelato.

The technical issues you experienced are due to a routing mistake. Even though this is taking time for us to resolve, we recognize that we should have refunded any additional charges the same day you reported the issue. We have now improved our customer service process based on your feedback.

Additional charges applied for your order are now refunded.

We have also reached out to you separately to assist further to turn around your experience.

Once again, we are truly sorry for this experience and I promise that we will do everything we can to rectify the situation.

Regards,
Pradeep
Head of Customer Success

Sketchd

I've been waiting for their technical team to help me with an issue for over a week and I'm constantly being told my request is being escalated. Good to know where their priorities lie.

February 21, 2021

Hi
First of all I am sorry for not providing a faster public response. We have tried to come in contact with you but without success.
Our technical team has worked intensively and have now provided a solution for your issue. The detailed information was sent directly to you.
Our team and I are available anytime to provide immediate assistance if you need any further support.
Regards,