Google channel

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Winners Circle Speed and Custom

We have been struggling with the GTIN error with this app not giving Google what it needs for the barcodes/GTIN. So our items are limited on google without this info. I found some workarounds but nothing is helping. We were good for a year then all of a sudden these started popping up.

January 28, 2022

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for providing that feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the product issues, specifically with barcodes, that you are facing on the Google channel. We do want to make sure that the channel is working as expected for you so I'm going to look into this and follow up with you in an email to see what I can do to resolve this.

Adil | Shopify

Poly Juguetes

I was working properly with my Merchant Center account since I change to this App and now my account is suspended. Added to this, there is no way of add the field information in bulk via a csv file, for example. Is anyone going to solve these problems?

Hi there,

Chris here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us, your feedback is extremely valuable. We are sorry to hear that your account was suspended by Google. I'd be happy to work with you to help provide some next steps towards resolving this issue. I'll be following up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication.

ShapeAndRaise

Google refuses to tell you what's actually wrong or how to fix it besides generic info in an effort to hinder bad actors but only honest people suffer. Don't waste your time, google is fundamentally flawed and this app should be removed till google stops providing support that cant say or do anything before they suspend your account.

Jewelry4Generations

My store, jewelry4generations.myshopify.com has been suspended since I set it up because of "misrepresentation" policy violation. I uploaded products from ShineOn via the app and the Shineon platform and didn't change anything to the uploads. I have tried to work with Google to fix the problem but I don't SPECIFICALLY know what the problem is. Shineon is listed as the Vendor for every product and I in no way have claimed that these are my products. If someone could help me with this I would really appreciate it.
Jami Roberts

Vermillo

They provide no way to actually view that your products are indeed on google. They only say that is been approved to google but there is no way to see if they are actually on google shopping.

Dark Elf Dice

The app worked fine for several months, however my Google Merchant account is now being suspended for "inaccurate tax information." The sales tax value in the data feed is less than what is actually charged on my Shopify store. I haven't made any changes in the store or via the app, and I have absolutely no idea why this is happening. I tried to fix the problem by going into Google Merchant Center and manually setting the sales tax rates, but my Google Merchant Center tax settings are being reset by the app on subsequent syncs with incorrect tax information.

January 22, 2022

Hi there,

Nataly here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us, your feedback is extremely valuable. We are sorry to hear that your account was suspended by Google. I'd be happy to work with you to help resolve this issue; I'll be following up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication.

Nataly | Shopify

Make Believe Co.

I have given up on this App now. The GTIN error which appears on all my products now just doesn't get fixed. I have read articles, tried everything and reach out to support and was given a 'solution' which doesn't make any sense and doesn't apply to 'non-custom' products. Great, that its free! But not great that it actually doesn't work properly. I have seen so many stores asking the same questions but there is no solution.

January 21, 2022

Hi there,

William here from Shopify support. I see that you're having an error with the GTINs, barcodes, or manufacturer part numbers associated with products on Shopify and syncing this information to the Google channel. I'll send you an email on how we can resolve this specific error with details specific to your store, look out for my email.

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist

3D UP Fitters

This app doesn't take into account package sizes, so Google banned me from the advertising account I've had for over ten years! The shipping costs on my website can't possibly match the shipping costs shown in the Google Merchant Center and according to Shopify tech support, there's no way to fix this. Maybe if you only sell small boxes that are all the same size you won't have a problem, but I have some things in a 4x6 box and some things in a 40x30" box.

January 19, 2022

Hi there,

My name is William with the Marketplaces team at Shopify. We appreciate the time you took to leave a review on our app even though we did not meet your expectations. I can email you the specific workaround for the issue you've outlined here. Keep an eye out for my email!

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist

Medicinal Supplies

My Google Merchant is suspended because this app is not working correctly. Shopify says they are aware but can't do anything and Google says they are aware and can't do anything. So far 2 issues with this app: 1. If your default package in shipping settings has weight your account WILL get suspended for inaccurate shipping price as Shopify calculates shipping price based on item weight + package weight (which is the correct way) and google calculates purely based on item weight. To resolve this, this app needs to add default package weight to item weight and ONLY then submit weight to google. 2. If you have both taxable and non taxable items in your store it WILL get suspended for inaccurate tax information, because when product is checkmarked as not taxable google merchant won't calculate tax on shipping. To resolve this a sub attribute for the tax "tax_ship" needs to be implemented and a check mark added right next to product not taxable.

January 17, 2022

Hi there,

William here from Shopify support. Thank you for taking the time to review our app and provide this valuable feedback. I see that you've already identified the current workaround to this issue and I'll be sure to pass the additional info you've included here on to our development team. I'll also reach out to you via email to discuss the options we have to get this working for you.

William | Shopify Support specialist

Critter Boutique

Have used for about 2 years and it was very easy to use. But recently (January 2022) this has not been syncing my GTIN's and I get a warning on my Shopify dashboard that most, if not all of my products, have a publishing error on Google due to missing GTIN. All of the applicable products have the correct GTIN entered in the GTIN field.

January 14, 2022

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for providing that feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the product issues, specifically with GTINs, that you are facing on the Google channel. We do want to make sure that the channel is working as expected for you so I'm going to look into this and follow up with you in an email to see what I can do to resolve this.

Adil | Shopify