Google channel

Google channel

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3.3)
Developer
3.3
October 20, 2022

Does not work. I've find it funny that the last positive review (except one in a language that I don't understand) was written in August. Something happend around that time that made the app unusable.

Amarguinha
Portugal
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Shopify replied October 25, 2022

Hi there,

William here from Shopify, thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our app. We'd love to have the experience live up to your expectations, I'll reach out to discuss any account specific challenges faced and how we can overcome them together.

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist
Shopify

October 20, 2022

0 customer service. I've spent over 100 000$ in Google Ads this year and getting help, let alone getting a human's help, is simply just not an option for Google. Disgusting way to treat clients. Also, the switch to PMAX from Smart Shopping has crippled E-Com stores.

RetroLeague LTD
Time spent using app: 22 days
Shopify replied October 20, 2022

Hi there,

William here with Shopify support, I'm a human and would love to assist you with the Google channel today. We appreciate your review and pass on all information to our development team, I'll email you to discuss the specifics about your account.

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist
Shopify

October 19, 2022

ชอบแบบและเนื้อผ้าที่ใส่สบายไม่คันและมีลายสวยๆหลายแบบ ชอบตรงที่ส่งสินค้าเร็วมาก ยังมีหลายตัวที่อยากได้ ต้องสั่งอีกแน่นอนค่ะ

Stand Alone
Thailand
Time spent using app: 29 days
October 18, 2022

It took me hours/days/months to figure out how to set up this Google merchant account channel (from both parties, Google and in Shopify) and it still continuously sending issues for unknown reasons, no explanations, no support to fix those errors...... With the time I spent to set-up this channel, it would a be much better and more productive if I was going to promote my products in person door to door.
Basic plan is $30 a month and feeling that is not worth it..!

Azzaluna
Indonesia
Time spent using app: 11 months

Hi there,

Vance here with Shopify! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with the app. I can understand the difficulty of this situation. I've sent you an email to offer further support and help resolve this.

Vance | Shopify Support

October 17, 2022

this is a nightmare. I set it up and it unverified my domain with google and I cant re-verify it. Traffic has dropped as a result. This needs testing before made available to shops. Such a terrible product.

Ethical Trade Co
Time spent using app: About 4 years

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out with your feedback. My name is Vance and I work for Shopify Support. I can take a look at your store and help you determine the steps we can take to reach a resolution. Please look for my upcoming email so we can talk about the specifics.

Vance | Shopify Support

October 17, 2022

I completed 90% of the form to be then told it is not supported for my country Trinidad and Tobago. It’s google, why aren’t you compatible with all countries and currencies??

Kawaii Beauty World
Trinidad & Tobago
Time spent using app: 1 day

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for the app. I've sent you an email to connect and offer further support.

Vance | Shopify

Edited October 16, 2022

First off, look at all the 1-star reviews! I"ve had so many issues getting this set up both with Shopify and with Google technical support. Setup was complicated and support on both sides was slow to respond (1+ days for a simple question). There is no phone number to call to talk to anyone. Every time I updated settings as recommended by both Shopify and Google support, something else would break. Error messages and support pages are hard to understand. I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND setting this up - it was a complete waste of time as I've poured about 4 weeks worth of time trying to get this to work.

Tonic Mercantile
Time spent using app: 8 months
Shopify replied October 19, 2022

Hi there,

Ashley here from Shopify. We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback for the app. I'm sending you an email to open the lines of communication and offer further support.

Ashley | Shopify

October 15, 2022

I make wire wrapped jewelry and i also sell crystals at Leetwraps. Google keeps saying i need GTIN or MPN and i keep hitting custom. it seems ok at first but then a day or two goes back to not being able to publish on google. So sick of this. Facebook and IG reach are so low anymore. I should have just stayed on Etsy.

Leet Wraps and Resin
Time spent using app: Almost 3 years
Shopify replied October 18, 2022

Hi there,

Cathal here from Shopify. Selecting your product as custom should allow you to send your products to Google without a GTIN so I will take a look into this for you to see what is happening and will be reaching out to you by email soon. Thank you

Cathal | Shopify

October 14, 2022

I have multiple variants. I can only fill in one color and one size in the product Google channel. I cannot write the color and size in full. As a result, GMC prompts me that the color and size are wrong.

Udressshop - Women's Dresses Online Shop - Meet a New Self
China
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Shopify replied October 18, 2022

Hi there,

Cathal here from Shopify. I will be taking a look at this for you to see if we can help and will reach out to you by email shortly. Thank you

Cathal | Shopify

October 12, 2022

App not working, customer support is pointless. The person that can help fix your suddenly pulled off product cannot be reached but will respond back within a week. However, you can talk as long as you want to a service representative that cannot help you but sympathizes with your frustration, so there is that.

Avocado Tea Co.
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
Shopify replied October 13, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Google channel app. While Google fully enforces their own product policies and determines whether products meet requirements, we definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding any issues that you're experiencing. I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

- Nate | Shopify