Google channel

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Savvy Scooter

I used this app because it is an official Google channel. Unfortunately, Google made it impossible for me to get all my products approved despite being an authorized dealer and simply following the manufacturer's policies. Super frustrating to work on my business just so Google won't give it even a chance. Customer support is polite but unhelpful.

December 21, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with getting your products approved. I'm going to look into this and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can see how I can help you further.

Grimandi calzature

The app has 4 major problems:
1) Sometimes it does not synchronize well the attributes with merchant center (for example GTIN or EAN) with a large decrease in performance in the display of free product sheets on Google
2) It is not possible, for products that do not have an EAN or GTIN code, to assign the MPN code or the product SKU through the additional rules of Merchant Center
3) It is not possible to manage list prices and discounted prices
4) It is not possible to manage any Metafields to be assigned to products through the Merchant Center rules Update 31/12/2021
No one from support emailed me

December 22, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with the Google Channel. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to discuss this further.

Andrew Moor Photography

If you sell drop-shipped items or manufactured items this feed is probably amazing. As a small, custom-work shop, this App has been disappointing. First what it does well. It put -some- of my products on Google shopping ads internationally and brought in a good traffic boost of mostly empty (accidental) clicks from apps that I have to pay for. It also gave me a semi-functional merchant account feed I can use for my own marketing. The Smart Campaign wont allow me to change any settings other than budget so I ended up using the feed with my own Ads in my own campaigns. Now for the difficulties: My Shopify Product database keeps randomly dropping my Google product categories or - GUESSES at what I am selling after I have already chosen the product categories (they get overwritten by SMART?? Machine Learning guessing them). Next, Every. single. time, Google scans my Webpage it produces price random mismatch errors that result in 10-15% of my listings being blocked. At any given time 10% of my products are blocked by Google because of a Google Web Crawler issue. Considering they are all listed properly in my Shopify feed (barring weird category choices by Shopify) this is a pretty high error rate. The Google web crawler locks on the initial displayed product price on my web page. My variants are priced differently according to size. So to Google my Shopify merchant data feed is different than how Google's web crawler sees the web page (I don't think Google crawler is fully compatible with the Shopify Web Page formatting). Finally, Google's solution to fraud prevention and offering price comparisons to meet EU online sales guidelines results in a bias that favors mass-produced item listings. IF I am going to use Google Shopping ads, Google would like me to have a Manufacturer's Part Number for a custom-framed photo and I can't fake a registered number; Google insists on a registered part number to sell my items in the US and some other markets. Even selecting "This is a custom product" allows only limited functions - so for the most part a small custom or hand-made product merchant can't meet those requirements. Therefore this app is not fully functional for everyone.

December 18, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with the Google Channel. I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to open up lines of communication. I look forward to communicating with you there.

Rieti-en

i try to connect the my website&Google Shopping. but i dont know what happen. its coming up Ineligible for enhanced listing.
So i want a contract the CS team. But long time no answer..

December 16, 2021

Hi there,

William here from Shopify support, thank you for reaching out about your concerns with the app. Typically we're able to resolve errors like this but in order to do so I'll need to reach out to you directly over email to discuss account specific details. Please look out for my email.

William | Shopify Support Specialist

TOP-SHELF.de

Die APP hat bis vor kurzem gut funktioniert. Seit ca. einer Woche 12.12.2021 werden über die APP keine GTINs/EANs an die Google Merchant Center - Content API übertragen.

Ravenation.eu

Ich versuche Produkte die mehrere Farb- und Größenvarianten haben, zu Google Shopping hinzuzufügen. Jedoch scheint es, als müsste ich für jede Variante ein extra Produkt anlegen, wie beispielsweiße T-Shirt black gr. M, T-Shirt black gr. L und T-Shirt black XL. Das ist nicht praktikabel. Die Produkte die bei meinem Fulfillmentservice angelegt werden, haben bis zu 12 Farben mit den Größen XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL. Das sind 84 Varianten. Oder gibt es eine Möglichkeit bei den Google-Feldern, mehrere Farben und Größen anzugeben? Ich habe es schon mit "XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL" und "black, bottle green, burgundy, dark heather grey, ocean depth, plum, french navy, anthracite, stargazer, azure, skyblue, royalblue" versucht.. Mir ist aber selber schleierhaft, wie diese Eigenschaften auf die Varianten übernommen werden sollen, deren Felder unter dem Hauptprodukt aufgeführt sind, die ich nicht anklicken und bearbeiten kann. Warum können nicht einfach alle Informationen eines Produktes übernommen werden und dann werden noch notwendige Infos für Google wie Produktkategorie, Altersgruppe, Geschlecht und Zustand manuell hinzugefügt über den Bulk-Editor?

Safe Haven Music

Nuked my entire google shopping catalog. Over $3,000,000 in product pulled from google in one fell swoop. Not a trustworthy channel at all. Will replace with a third party app

December 13, 2021

TikTokTek.shop

NHo help whatsoever. Instead, this App will cause your stores Merchant and Ads account to be suspended because it just throws any and all info for all your products (regardless whether the info is acceptable by Google's standards which are now recently crazy strict) So far my account has been suspended since October and not one person from Google or Shopify can tell me exactly why. I did manage to get a shortl list of 4 things to update or edit - 1 of which was to "remove my signup banner in my footer." I mean really??? A signup form is a vital part of ANY website! I removed it regardless in the hopes that I would see my account unsuspended but here we are and yes, you guessed it ... it's still suspended. Its ridiculous really! BAD APP!

December 13, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with a suspended Merchant Center account. While the decision lies with Google, we can definitely offer tips that can help to get a suspension lifted. I'm going to look into this and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can see how I can help you further.

skinnyfitpro.com

This the worst app i have ever used keeps saying that i should add ,refund policy and terms of service to my footer when its already there,i mean this is confusing

December 12, 2021

Hi there. Cathal here from Shopify. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback. We usually see this issue when policies have been added from pages, rather than the policy section in your settings, however, I will look into this further for you now and follow up with you by email so we can get you set up as soon as possible. Thank you.

NZ KOOKAÏ

Used this app for a long time & it worked well, integrates seamlessly... until now. There's clearly a bug within the new phone number verification which keeps returning a 'too many attempts' error. I have been trying to get these shopping ads live for over a week. Super inconvenient & a waste of time. Surprised it hasn't been fixed by now. On top of this, the number is already verified with GMC! There has also been additional issues come up recently such as having a terms & conditions & refunds policies - when they already exist on the site the app makes you create additional ones. Please stop messing with this app and fix the bugs!

December 12, 2021

Hi there, Cathal here from Shopify. Thanks so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it. I will be looking into this now for you to see if we can help you get your phone number verified and get you set up on the app, and will reach out to you shortly by email. Thank you.