Google channel

Google channel

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3.3)
Developer
3.3
September 20, 2022

This is ridiculously hard there if no reason for it shopify please help make the setup process easier for beginner users. Google is so important to our businesses. HELP

T. Madness Designs
Time spent using app: 21 days
Shopify replied September 22, 2022

Hi there,

Thomas here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggle you are facing with your account. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and see if we can address this concern.

Thomas | Shopify

September 20, 2022

Insanely difficult to use, the functionality is split between 3 different products and google can't take in feed data properly even though every field is filled out. really horrible customer support by a giant corporate giant that doesn't care about you whatsoever

woodtoybox
Time spent using app: 7 months
Shopify replied September 22, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for the app. I've sent you an email to connect and offer further support to work through any issues you're facing.

Vance | Shopify

September 19, 2022

My account gets suspended as soon as I submit my products... The support is not helpful. Hence giving it one star.

Happy Pets
Switzerland
Time spent using app: 9 months
Shopify replied September 21, 2022

Hey there,

Thomas here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with the Google Channel. Although Google is responsible for all account suspensions, I'll be sending an email out to you shortly with information that can help.

Thomas | Shopify

September 16, 2022

Super helpful channel but it's too complicated and sometimes hard to handle. Some technical support staff never return to your emails!

Pharaoh Marble Furniture
Time spent using app: About 1 month
September 15, 2022

I am currently trying to use this app so I can connect my google merchant with my Shopify, but because I am located in Canada the required shipping details needed for Google merchant are limiting and hard to follow/use. I am still trying to configure the shipping manually within Google Merchant, but it has proven to be extremely difficult and has been a constant battle to set up....

Worthy Jams
Time spent using app: 29 days
September 13, 2022

satı kanalına açamıyorum, sürekli hata veriyor, lütfen yardımcı olun, her şeyimi düzgün yaptığımı düşünüyorum ama yine aynı atayı veriyor, sayfadaki engelleyiciyi kapat diye bir ata mesajı veriyor ama hepsini kapatmışım

Pet Products & Cute Pets
Turkey
Time spent using app: 4 months
September 13, 2022

I am a big Fan of GOOGLE. Now a days every person use google for searching his/her requirements. In India, google is lacking for business support but still the available services are good. Keep it up and keep improving.

Indian Petals
India
Time spent using app: About 2 years
Edited September 14, 2022

Bugs involving the sending through of GTIN numbers with the API (it won't send your barcodes correctly through to the merchant centre due to the TRUE/FALSE settings in "custom product") - a useless editor inside the channel that can't filter - you would need to change 1000 products 50 at a time to fix said bug - SKU's not sending through correctly...so frustrating. Just to top it off, you can't change these Google merchant fields via csv, even if you wanted to try get around the bugs! Shopify, stop trying to push other commercial apps to clean up your clearly fixable bugs in this channel app. It should be a part of a Shopify plan that works for free, not a vehicle to feed your bottom line by making it unusable to anyone with more than 20 products. Any professional store builders out there thinking of switching to Shopify - be VERY AWARE this Google shopping channel app WILL NOT handle your feed to Google Merchant at scale. I really hoped while building our (currently) 6000 product store it could handle a big job and I would have an app to assist me with feeding the API perfectly - IT CAN'T AND IT WON'T. It can handle maybe a few hundred but trying to manage 1000's of products you will have issues. You will be looking and trying to get the job done with a custom feed (the only option I can see at the moment with the way this app is for 1000's of products) or some other app they will charge you for, or trying your best to get around this app with a hodge-podge of additonal "bulk changer" apps that are not free that they will try recommend to make up for this app being basically unusable on its own at scale. HOPEFULLY with Google now "looking after" this app after Sep 1 2022, it might improve and be usuable at scale...here's hoping.

Sound Centre
Time spent using app: 5 months
Shopify replied September 15, 2022

Hi there,

Charlotte here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use the Google channel on your store and leave a review. We appreciate your feedback on the channel's product fields in the bulk editor and how they function - I will be sure to share your feedback with our team.

September 12, 2022

Worst possible setup. why make ecerything so confusing. and shopify, stop letting techies write your guides. they assume too mcuh. so frustrating and i will be leaving shopify post haste. what a fucking waste of time.

Ethos4Home
Time spent using app: 11 days
Shopify replied September 13, 2022

Hi there,

Charlotte here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use the Google channel on your store and leave a review. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some frustration with our guides on troubleshooting the channel. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see how we can provide more support for you on this.

September 12, 2022

does your app automatically set up google ads tracking for our site?
anyone can explain more? WE are suffering from this problem. hope your reply.

Dr. MUXUE