Google channel

Google channel

by Shopify

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

WaterBaths.net

This app is complete garbage, and whoever made it should be fired. It's essentially useless. If you know the first thing about Google Ads, it does WAY more harm than good.

B2B Supplies Ltd

* THIS NEW APP / CHANNEL IS COSTING US MONEY*

I wish I could give this app / channel (they've changed it the last couple of days) less than 1 star.

The new "app" now displays our prices on Google shopping WITHOUT VAT included which is against Google's terms, now google have threatened to SUSPEND us unless this is fixed. So not only are they costing us money daily because the app is terrible, but they could get us thrown off google shopping forever.

Best advice we've got from support? "Use a different app" very helpful.

It baffles me that people at Shopify are spending time & money creating a new app for something that worked fine before, instead of creating basic functions that other e-commerce providers give as standard.

I've emailed / tweeted the CEO, support etc and but just get generic e-mails back telling they are looking into it etc.

Really, really terrible.

Harem Garden

My god, this is a joke? This app has to be the worst thing I have ever come across. The aim is here is for you to run a campaign thru Shopify with one click. But by doing this you can't pick the products, or categorize your products to add to the campaign. It is absolutely pointless. For you to add certain products to a campaign you would have to create separate campaigns for each product as they are on different pages when selecting the products... derrrr haha! Back to the drawing board for Google Shopping. Hopefully, someone with half a brain will build this app next time.

LabBalances.net

This is the worst app that Shopify could possibly have come up with for Google Shopping. The old one was infinitely better, because it actually had significantly positive value whereas this app has strongly negative value.

You have no access to your own Google Shopping account which Shopify creates when you install this app. Shopify completely co-opts the ability to have and use your own Google Shopping account. If you have a Google Ads Client Center account, it actually WON'T WORK AT ALL. It will link to your MCC account instead of the client account, which means that product data doesn't make it to the client account. No product data = no ads. There is nothing you can do about this, because using this app means that Shopify is using their own Google Shopping account which you cannot access or modify in any way.

Even if I could get it to work, I wouldn't dare use the limited functionality that it has to create campaigns. If you value your marketing dollars you wouldn't either. It allows virtually no control over your campaign (for instance, negative keywords, which are absolutely critical to product ad campaigns, cannot be added). Essentially all you can do is set a budget. It should be horrifying to anyone who knows anything about search ads. How anyone at Shopify thought this would be okay is beyond me.

Security is also a concern. This app requires managerial access to your Google Ads campaign to operate.

The discontinuation of the old app in Shopify and the creation of this new Google Shopping app was one of the least customer-friendly decisions that Shopify has ever made (along with reducing the number of users that each plan could have, which was an obvious money grab). My disappointment with this application is beyond words.

CharmingSushi

No ability to edit feed parameters, 'Smart' shopping campaign completely opaque, can't filter products from the Google Shopping app - and as a result of being unable to edit the feed, also can't make use of Merchant Center. So... basically no functionality whatsoever. Absolute garbage.

Little Berries Kids Shop

£9.57 cost of one click? Poor control of our spending, CPC and managing campaigns. Expensive for what returns to us. Limited and not value. Deleting app very soon.

La Caleta – Vineria

Hände weg von diesem Müll. Verursacht nicht nachvollziehbare Fehler und ist so gut wie garnicht administrierbar. Shopify hat sich hier ein riesiges, faules Ei ins Nest gelegt.

Dice Dungeons

After using the old shopping feed for some time we moved to the "new" version. We immediately saw a huge dive in sales. I gave the app about 3 months and was only able to recover a portion of where we were at before switching. The main problem is the lack of control with the new "Smart" shopping campaign this app forces you into; no negative keywords, no control on where the ads are placed, ect.

Looking for a different app or will just have to manually feed then info in until shopify fixes the problems. Big waste of money here.

Brew Lucky

The setup takes a while but I can see a lot of value once it's complete. I am excited to see how this works with my tracking on ads accounts!

Techedge

Awful! Compared to the old version, we've gone from 60-90 clicks a day to 5-7 clicks a day = no sales. Fix it Shopify!

Just to update, we went from plenty of orders a day to with the old Google Shopping app to an order every 3-4 days with this new 'improved' one. Switched to the 'Google Shopping Feed' app by another developer at lunchtime and had 3 orders and 50 visits in the same afternoon. Says it all...