Improved Contact Form

Improved Contact Form | Reviews

by Awio

"Contact Us" Page Generator and Popup Contact Widget

Gold Bar Books & Kollectiv Apparel

I would NOT use this app again and would NEVER recommend it to any store owner. Us Shopify store owners have to stick together when "developers" treat us poorly. In short, Dan Grossman is the rudest, most unprofessional "developer" I have ever met in the Shopify App Store. And I've worked with many developers. Here's the story. I installed the app and had a question about the way it installed. I contacted the developer and asked for information. In the Shopify App Store it shows the developer as "Improvely." I thought this could be a large developing firm and sent the email with the subject line, "Attn: Support" and Dan immediately was offended. He replied to my emails in a passive aggressive tone stating, "Dan, the 'support department' of this free app he wrote in his PJs" and "Dan, the 'support department' currently ordering dinner from his sofa." I even told him I would be willing to pay for upgraded features (like a csv download like the Visitor Engage app) and wanted to know what the app development roadmap looks like for the near future. Then he went on a rant telling me that his life is fine and that he doesn't need money and that he built this app in his spare time for a family member who needed the app. He closed with, "Don't email me again...You're rude." I still have the emails for proof and can verify. The app doesn't fully match themes, the form that displays doesn't center on a page, and it looks terrible on mobile devices! But even worse, if you need help you will have to ask help from this guy who could care less for the people using the app (except his relative he made the app for). I recommend without reservation that all users abandon this app and use something else. If you need a contact form and use a new theme you probably already have the option to add one by changing the "page" you create. See these instructions by Shopify here: https://docs.shopify.com/manual/configuration/store-customization/communicating-with-customers/provide-contact-points/add-a-contact-form. I say again, abandon this guy's app! If it was an option I would give it half a star :/ ****UPDATE**** After posting this review Mr. Grossman immediately contacted me to justify his previous emails (even after he instructed me to never contact him again). He did not like my honest factual account of my interaction with him. I hate leaving a review like this but it's important to have the personal courage to tell the truth about my factual negative experience with this developer. It's about doing the right thing, being professional, and trying to give each person a positive experience.

Daily Essentials

Seems to work ok, but for the life of me I cannot understand why the e-mail field has no e-mail validation, doesn't even check for an @ sign ?

Air Plant Décor

This is exactly what I wanted and fantastic support!
Thanks!

Military & Outdoor Ltd

Perfect! its set up in seconds with button design options to suit most layouts, sits on the bottom of each page nicely giving added customer confidence and guess what its free!!!!

Focus Vapor

It's easy to setup and does what it's supposed to do. What else is there to say!

My Wedding Decor

It is kind of amazing that Shopify themes don't automatically include basic Contact Us page layouts and if they did, there would be no need for Improved Contact's app. Anyway, I love this free app! I reached out to Dan asking if I could add an extra field to ask for their customer's wedding date. While this wasn't possible, he suggested I simply rename the Subject field as "Your Wedding Date". When I wasn't able to make this save (I got some kind of a "sad face" on the screen), Dan did it for me. Thanks, Dan for creating this app!

kupoholicarka.me

The App is excellent. Easy to use and the widget it´s amazing. The only problem for me is that the pop up Menu closes with a button with the word "Close" I´m developing a non english site so that´s a shame. Hope you find an alternative to that button in the future.

Throne Chairs

Easy to use and setup but doesn't work very well on mobile devices. The "close" button for the pop-up is in the top right and cut off (I'm testing using an iPhone 6 in Chrome), meaning there is no way to close the pop-up without refreshing the page, following two scenarios: 1. If the button is touched by accident. 2. After sending a message to close the confirmation box.

Wildifyme

It is very easy to set up, but I didn't find options to edit the size of the button, or whether it was possible to make it transparent while inactive, or change the color of the button background behind "Send message".

If these functions are available, and I simply overlooked them, please inform me about them, and I will gladly give a 5 star rating.

Rock Ribbons ~ Handmade Eco Gifts

Great app, easy to install and makes it really simple for potential customers to easily contact you with questions without having to search for a 'contact page'.