Shopify Inbox

Shopify Inbox

by Shopify

Sell over chat, and talk with your customers anytime, anywhere

Bem&star Essencial

absolutely terrible once again!! I dont know who is responsible for the development of this branch, but it should be fired long ago. Shopify inbox is almost as bad as the previous iteration: 1 - When a customer tried to start a conversation the dialog caption is asking for payment info, when presenting a field asking for the email. Payment info?? What?
2 - app continues to fail to notify, or notifies later almost every time there is a chat, leading to more losses in sales. A disgrace!!

February 3, 2021

Thank you Bem&star Essencial for your review, feedback and patience!

I understand the frustration of not having access to same the same features offered on iOS for Shopify Ping. Our goal is to have the same features across all three platforms (iOS, Android and shopifyping.com) this year - including saved replies, availably hours, product sharing and more! You will start to see some features begin being rolled out in Spring of 2021 and updates will continue throughout the year.

Your feedback is very important to us as we use it to improve Shopify Chat and Ping. If you ever have any questions, or additional feedback please contact us directly at ping@shopify.com and we would be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Ruby C.

KIALOA

UPDATED REVIEW: Moved to 1 star. No progress has been made with this app. It doesn't load half of the time. There is no way to deleted/complete messages or categorize them still after 6 months and a newly updated name. Still no way to switch between stores. If you have multiple stores, you have to log out and log back in. There is no easy way around this. Original Review: 2 Stars We have 2 stores, we are unable to manage both within shopifyping.com There isn't a way to have a set schedule when our customer service staff shows up to work every day. The message management is clunky and you're unable to filter/archive old messages. When this app gets much needed improvements, my review may change.

February 2, 2021

Hello KIALOA, thank you for the review and feedback!

We heard the feedback and want to let you know that our Product team is currently working on a solution to manage more than one store using Shopify Ping. I do not have an estimated release date, but this is something to look forward too! As for message management, we will be releasing the ability to filter/assign/archive messages on both android and web version of Ping by Spring 2021. And assigning chats on a set schedule; that is something I will take our Product team for consideration - this is valuable feedback!

If you ever need any assistance with the app, or have further feedback and suggestions, feel free to contact our team directly at ping@shopify.com

Thanks again!

Ruby C.

MEINDL AUSTRALIA

This is trash. Magically dropped off the store. Tried to reinstall, doesn't work. chat link takes you to a page asking you to load the app. What a load of sh1t.

December 14, 2020

Hello Meindl Australia, thank you very much for letting us know the app was not working for you.

I will follow up with a direct email to you and see if we can work together on this issue. I'm not sure what you mean by it dropping off the store, so hopefully you can provide some more details so I can troubleshoot for you. Thank you!

Good Vibes All Purpose Cleaner

The app doesn't work on my phone. it keeps signing me out and I miss messages. Not very useful if it doesnt work half the time.

December 14, 2020

Hello Good Vibes All Purpose Cleaner, thank you very much for your direct and honest review. Please accept our apologies for the troubles you have been encountering.

I will be sending you a private email to help with troubleshooting the problems. Please keep an eye on your inbox and hopefully we can work together to solve this! Thank you!

Deal Crashers Inc.

Notifications are broken. It will work once and then never again. I changed nothing with my phone or any settings. I got notified a customer was wanting to chat 1 time EVER. Then it will never do it again.

November 23, 2020

Hello Deal Crashers Inc., thank you very much for your review and feedback! I've had a look at your conversation logs and will reach out to you personally to explain and sort out any issues.

Please keep an eye on your inbox for an email from me. Thanks again, talk soon!

Wølmark Finland

No way to know when your customers have send messages to you other than following the chat monitor all the time. No idea how to uninstall either, doesn't show in the aps.

November 16, 2020

Hello Wølmark Finland, thank you for your feedback. The app on your phone and desktop versions will make a sound notifying you of a new message.

Uninstalling is via your Settings > Sales channel, but I am going to send you a private email and we can work together on this. Talk soon!

Willow Lane Hat Co.

My biggest problem with this app is that you cannot turn it off after hours. You will have customers messaging you at all hours of the night. Only a small percentage of chat customers convert. Due to the high volume of messages I have been receiving 24 hours a day, I decided to remove the chat from my website. However, when I removed the app properly, the Chat icon did not disappear from the front of my website. I contacted Shopify (because it is their app) and they tried to pawn me off on my Theme developers. Now I have customers trying to use a chat that does not work, resulting in ugly emails. Follow up 11/11/20:
This Chat icon is still on my site. Shopify support keeps telling me they removed it, but the icon is still there (only it does not work). We have cleared our cache repeatedly from several different computers, and icon is present. This is the worst customer service.

November 10, 2020

Hello Willow Lane Hat Co., thank you very much for your honest feedback and review.

Sorry you did not have a great experience with Shopify support. I see your issue was escalated to our technical support team and it looks like they have successfully removed the icon. Thank you for your patience while they looked into the reason it did not remove automatically.

Your feedback is very helpful and we will be integrating more options soon, that will address exactly what you are referring to.

Thank you for trying the app!

FIVE AND DIAMOND

Super simple app that gets the job of live communication done. However it does not offer any scheduling options so you need to be available 24/7 and it has an non remove-able message about leaving your phone number for a text message reply. I don't want customers having my personal cell number so un-installing this app.

October 26, 2020

Hello Five and Diamond, thank you for your review and feedback! I can address these concerns for you, as they are understandable. The ability to set hours is available only on IOS at this time, but is coming for Android soon. I agree, it's not easy being available 24/7!

Your personal cell phone number will not be shown. If the buyer leaves a phone number, you can reply directly from within Shopify Ping. The buyer will be sent a text message to the number they left from a randomized phone number that Shopify Chat provides - not your own cell phone number. The buyer can stop receiving messages by texting "stop" or by deleting the conversation.

We would love to see you re-installing the app if this information helps. Just keep it updated and you can benefit from scheduling hours when that feature is released.

Feel free to contact us if you have further questions. Our email is ping@shopify.com.

Thanks again and hope to see you back!

Warm regards,
Ping Support

Crooked Imaging Photo Video

Its a real shame this app is lacking important features! The concept is great but you can't move the position of the widget and it covers up the add to cart button on the sticky cart. We had many complaints of this :( You also can't set a time to be active so customers are getting annoyed when there is no response. We had to remove it for the time being but will install it if these things are addressed. www.crookedimaging.co.uk

September 21, 2020

Hello Crooked Imaging Photo Video, thank you for your great feedback! I will take your ideas to our product team, as we really need this information to improve the app.

To help with the widget covering up the add to cart button, we recommend using the bubble icon, instead of the text icon. Many merchants have experienced the same, and using the different icon solves this issue for now.

We will be adding the ability to set hours, as well as other customizable features. I'll get in touch with you directly when that happens as we would love to have you back using this great app.

Thanks again for your input, take care.

Kit & Ping Support

Ploocy

I have to uninstall it and install it over and over again every time I want to open it to reply to a customer. Till I do all that, a customer is gone.

September 21, 2020

Hello Ploocy, thank you for your feedback! Our apologies for the issues having to install repeatedly. We have a fix now for the recent bugs in the app, please update to version 1.1.9 so you have the latest fixes.

I'll get in touch soon to see how it's going and if you have any further feedback. Thanks for trying Shopify chat!

Best regards