Shopify Inbox

Connect with customers and drive sales with chat– for free

Free

House of Flora

Seemed like a good idea to download the app, runs smoothly on a desktop but cant send messages using an iPhone and cant minimise the chat to allow customers to continue shopping

September 11, 2020

Hi House of Flora,

Thank you for your feedback! I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to see if we can troubleshoot the issue you were having with the chat not minimizing.

Shopify Chat, when viewed on a mobile device, should have an option to be minimized. However, on some occasions we've seen other apps move Shopify Chat's button up slightly, pushing the minimize option off screen.

Take care and talk soon,
Ellis from Ping and Kit Support

Capsul

I like how ell thais app is integrated with the Shopify system.
What I don't like is that the opening message for the customer is not customisable. The users don't have to put in any details of themselves which makes it difficult for the store staff to strike a personalised conversation.
All customers have a name like shopper 123, which doesn't help.

September 11, 2020

Hi Capsul!

Thank you for your feedback.

We have recently added a feature to Shopify Chat that asks visitors to enter an email address or phone number in order for you, the merchant, to follow up with them should they need to go.

Currently Shopify Chat can only recognize North American phone numbers, but if a visitor leaves an email address Shopify Chat will search through your 'Customers' section of Shopify to see if it matches an existing customer. If it does, Shopify Chat will update the conversation to show the buyer's name or email address. If it doesn't match an existing customer, Shopify Chat will create a new customer record for that visitor.

You can also edit the automated away and available messages in Ping to ask visitors to leave information. I will reach out to you personally over email to go over how you can do that. :)

Take Care,
Ellis from Ping and Kit Support.

NNEYAH Cards & Gifts

Unfortunately had to disable the app because it's lacking a couple of standard features in comparison to other visitor chat apps. Also, as Ping for Android took a while, would have expected at the very least, it would have the same features as the IOS verison. For now it doesn't - one example, can't set availability hours.

June 16, 2020

Hi NNEYAH Cards & Gifts.

Thank you for that feedback.

There are some features that were not added in the initial first version of Shopify Ping for Android that we intend to incorporate in future updates. Features that are integrated into the iOS version of Ping such as sharing product pages, draft orders, discount codes, as well as working with Kit, will be added in the future as we build upon Ping for Android.

Due to the rapidly changing e-commerce landscape we wanted to get what free tools we had available in the hands of our merchants as quickly as we could, which is why some features were omitted.

If you have any questions or additional feedback as to what you’d like to see in Shopify Chat on Android moving forward, please feel free to reach out to our team directly at ping@shopify.com.

Hair So Fab

The app is ok but why do you you need full access to use the app? I wanted my assistant to manager the chat but i do not want to give her full access.

June 10, 2020

Hi Hair So Fab!
Thank you for your review. At this time staff accounts require full permissions to use Ping and Shopify Chat due to the fact that the app provides the ability to share draft orders with custom discount codes and shipping rates. However, we plan to address those required permissions in the near future in order to allow you to grant access to limited permissions staff members. :)

If you have any other questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team at ping@shopfiy.com, we’re happy to help!

Sturdy Sports

You must be kidding me. I am surprised that Shopify business team have undermined Android users so heavily. You guys are a billion dollars business and could not afford to release Android version at the same time. Shocking.

May 12, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to report that the Android version of Ping is coming very soon, so Android users can take advantage of Shopify Chat.

Hi Brazil Market

I am moving back to Tidio
Very disappointing since is a feature from Shopify. Conversations as not keep together, the system starts a new one after a short time and to get worst there is no customer name so I am don’t know if is a new conversation.

The Beer Library

I would like to use this app as our model relies on personal assistance, however the features are far, far too limited. No option for a customer to leave contact information so if they leave the page all communication is lost on their end. I've found the kit integration to be generally good, but without any continuity for the customer, the app is useless.

Impact Absorbents

The chat feature worked very well for me. I was able to get a new customer to order easily, and some of the features of sending products and orders directly in the chat window came in handy.

However, without the ability to schedule active hours, have multiple users, and use a desktop client, I found that the tool becomes unusable for our needs. Add those features in and I would become a user again.

Ozidealsaustralia

You send out a recommendation but dont advise upfront it needs iOS to work, pity when Samsung users cant use so why not let merchants know before installing, this is a let down and should be part of the intro email

April 22, 2020

Update: We are happy to report that the Android version of Ping is coming very soon, so Android users can take advantage of Shopify Chat. You can sign up to be notified when it's available: https://www.shopify.com/ping. Just enter your email address and click "Join Waitlist".

InStyle Penguin

The icon is floating on the top of the website, it is impossible to move it to another position, or change the size of it (it is kinda huge). It covers half of on my "buy it" button. It is kinda annoying, since it is free, I don't want to be too critical about it. Will replace with better app after I get order for sure.